Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am guessing no one knows the answer to this, since I suspect it is new....but I happened to notice on the Ruby Princess Deck 8 Mini-suites there is a note that they are connected to the next door cabin:

Stateroom Number: E729
Type: Mini-Suite
Category: ME
Location: Aft
Deck: 8 (Emerald)
Bath Type: Shower/Tub
Connecting Room: E729, E731
Total Size: 323 sq ft.
Special Notes: Connects With E731
 
When I saw this, I checked my Caribbean Princess booking for February 2022 since I have 2 mini-suites booked and they also have the notes about being connected. This would be great if it was true......because we will have 2 grandkids along and it would be convenient with an interior door. I'm not planning on it and I know the balconies should have the connecting door, but curious if this is true. I only see it when doing a mock booking...not if I look at the deck plans outside of a cruise.
 
What do you think? Connecting doors have been installed? Or....just one of Princess many typos.....  🙄
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes there are connecting mini suites. We were on Royal, I believe, and had a mini suite that had the connecting door to the mini suite next to us. You can also have the partition on the balcony unlocked so you can go back and forth between the two balconies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's easy to check in advance on the deck plans. On any ship merely check the "Connecting Cabins" box when looking at the deck plans. This will highlight only those cabins that connect with others.

 

image.png.ccfb4c12e5bf61bef7dae6fe5c23f2f6.png

 

In the case of the aft mini-suites on Ruby, it appears they all connect to other cabins.

 

image.png.e75fa38cd48d364ed7018697e657185f.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the deck plans on cruise deck plans.com, all of the mini suites on Emerald deck connect in pairs.  There are also a couple forward and more aft on Dolphin deck.  EM

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I am guessing no one knows the answer to this, since I suspect it is new....but I happened to notice on the Ruby Princess Deck 8 Mini-suites there is a note that they are connected to the next door cabin:

Stateroom Number: E729
Type: Mini-Suite
Category: ME
Location: Aft
Deck: 8 (Emerald)
Bath Type: Shower/Tub
Connecting Room: E729, E731
Total Size: 323 sq ft.
Special Notes: Connects With E731
 
When I saw this, I checked my Caribbean Princess booking for February 2022 since I have 2 mini-suites booked and they also have the notes about being connected. This would be great if it was true......because we will have 2 grandkids along and it would be convenient with an interior door. I'm not planning on it and I know the balconies should have the connecting door, but curious if this is true. I only see it when doing a mock booking...not if I look at the deck plans outside of a cruise.
 
What do you think? Connecting doors have been installed? Or....just one of Princess many typos.....  🙄

If you are in cabins D204/D206 or D203/205 on the Caribbean Princess then yes these cabins do have interior doors. No other mini suites on the Caribbean Princess connect.

Connecting cabins can be located on the Princess site deck plans according to post #3.

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

According to the deck plans on cruise deck plans.com, all of the mini suites on Emerald deck connect in pairs.  There are also a couple forward and more aft on Dolphin deck.  EM

Deck plans on the Princess web site do not show this for the Caribbean Princess. No connecting minis on deck 8. Believe the Princess site is accurate vs. a 3rd party site. 

Edited by skynight
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Have you pulled up the Deck Plans for Caribbean Princess on cruise deck plans . com?

they will show a little sideways red triangle on the wall between two adjoining cabins.

I don't see these on any Mini's on Emerald Deck.

On Dolphin Deck, I see that symbol between d204-d206. same on port side d203-d205.

I think that when you look at the Mini's on the Princess deck plans, this seems to be true.  These show up when you click that little box for 'connecting cabins'.

Edited by Wishing on a star
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, skynight said:

.

Deck plans on the Princess web site do not show this for the Caribbean Princess. No connecting minis on deck 8.

 

The Princess Cruise Atlas (now called the destination collection,which was not issued last year due to the pandemic, has deck plans that do show which are connected.

 

(By the way, Princess, please continuing issuing the Cruise Atlas (under whatever name you want). Please do not cut it out to save marketing money.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

According to the deck plans on cruise deck plans.com, all of the mini suites on Emerald deck connect in pairs.  There are also a couple forward and more aft on Dolphin deck.  EM

I'm sorry...I saw the reference to Ruby Princess, and that's what I accessed on cruisedeckplans.com.  Sorry for the confusion (mine).  EM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any difference in respect to the rooms such as noise level if they are connected.

We are scheduled to sail on Regal, in a minisuite and we noticed that our cabin is listed as a connecting one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

Is there any difference in respect to the rooms such as noise level if they are connected.

We are scheduled to sail on Regal, in a minisuite and we noticed that our cabin is listed as a connecting one. 

You may hear some talk through the connecting door area. We try to avoid them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also try to avoid a connecting cabin.

I just do not even like that door there.   And we always make sure it is locked and put a roll up towel across the bottom of the door, etc.   Last time we ended up in a hotel adjoining, before I didi the towel thing, I could actually feel the cool air-conditioned air just flowing thru that bottom gap.

With only a very few connecting Mini's, would there be another one available you might consider?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't book minis but I do book aft Caribe balconies. Love the big balcony. The last few aft Caribe balcony cabins connect. I avoid them simply because I don't need a connecting cabin and prefer not to have one. That also leaves those cabins for those who do want/need connecting cabins. No sense taking them away from someone who actually wants that feature. There is also a fair chunk (maybe 6 cabins on each side of the ship) of the mid-ship Caribe balcony cabins that are connecting. It's easy to check on the deck plans but I'm guessing most folks don't realize that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2021 at 4:43 PM, skynight said:

You may hear some talk through the connecting door area. We try to avoid them.

We stayed in E731 on the Emerald before and after it was converted to a connecting mini-suite. The stay after it was converted was somewhat of a disaster. The family in E729 were either partying or fighting the entire cruise at all times of day and night in spite of our reporting our concerns to the powers that be. We heard a lot more than talk! Would be okay if you're sharing the connecting mini-suite with family but we will never book one again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a thought based on the post about a towel at bottom of the door. 

 

Go to Lido Deck and grab a pile of pool towels.

Open adjoining door in your cabin.

Start filling the gap with pool towels and then close the door.

Sound insulation probably better than the normal walls!!!

 

Imagine the surprise when Stewart or next cruise occupants open the door!!  LOL.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...