Britain reopening pushed back a month to July

oskidunker

56 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I don't see a 14 day cruise on Elizabeth to Canary Isl this year. Is it for British only?

It's all change as far as Victoria is concerned. I'm sure you'll get an email from Cunard.

4 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Is the itinerary to be the same? The cruise is not yet posted on the web site. 

If you are already booked on QVs V126 which we are we have been told that everything will stay exactly the same  with regards to ports, dates and cabin booked its just that we will be on QE instead of QV. The only thing you have to worry about is whether it will be the same for you as being from the US and whether travel restrictions will allow. According to Cunard website everyone booke don the cruise will be e-mailed to inform them of the changes.

So, is the July 3 QM2 transatlantic from NY to Southampton cancelled or not?  I read that the World Cruise starting July 3 on the QM2 has been cancelled. Are they just running the first segment or not?  Very confusing   I havent heard yet from Cunard.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:15 PM, Smitheroo said:

So, is the July 3 QM2 transatlantic from NY to Southampton cancelled or not?  I read that the World Cruise starting July 3 on the QM2 has been cancelled. Are they just running the first segment or not?  Very confusing   I havent heard yet from Cunard.

Your Jan 3rd cruise is the final leg of the 26 night christmas/new year round trip package. I think it will sail but that could change quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 3:28 PM, Bigmike911 said:

I was looking at the UK Government Web site, and I cannot find any mention of vaccinations. There are discussions on testing and tracking, but I would think that if the traveler has been vaccinated there should be no need to quarantine, maybe I missed it. 

No, I dont think you missed it.  I read through that information carefully.  Just as Cunard made no mention of previous vaccination in the email notification I received, neither does the UK Gov website.  My guess is that they are concerned about the variants and uncertainty how those are covered by the current vaccine.  And the vaccine isnt 100% effective against the virus it was designed for.   It appears that the country you reside in determines the list whose regulations you must follow.  Travelers from "Red List" countries must quaratine in a government approved quarantined hotel  for about $2,000 for 10 days.  The quarantine can be shortened for travelers coming from countries on the "Amber List" by covid testing but it is still a 5 day quarantine.   I'm assuming there are no regulations for travelers coming from "Green List" countries. 

This is the government website showing the regulations and countries on each list. It will be updated if/when regulations change

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Please note there are testing requirements for travellers from green countries.