Jump to content

Australian cruise ship ban extended


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, drsel said:

So do you recommend that we sit tight and do nothing and wait for The Cruise lines to make the first move?

Certainly wait till final payment. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Australia may be the exception, they may cancel the whole season if the gov't extends the cruising ban and that is likely to be before final payment.

 

Very unlikely. They didn't last year, and unless there's a better use for those ships sitting idle, better to wait and see in case it opens up later. Worse, doing so would mean they have to refund all the bookings sooner than later which is worse financially.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

P & O believe cruising will resume in October this year for large ships with only Australian & NZ passengers.  I have a late October Melbourne Cup cruise booked with them.
If Covid19 has been well controlled & most western nations highly vaccinated & at the so called herd immunity level, international passengers will be allowed to enter Australia & cruise - April 2022 at the earliest...

A lot will depend on how cruising goes with Covid19 over the next 6 months in the USA.  The Australian authorities will be monitoring that situation very closely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

Very unlikely

The ban seems to be getting extended in 3 month increments, the next time that happens RCI will likely cancel for those 3 months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We might get radiance and Quantam the second half of the coming season but I think ovation will stay there somewhere.

 

We're booked on Radiance Oct 1 Panama Canal and doubt she'll come over for that and her Caribbean season. Time will tell what happens but it sure would be nice for all to know what the plans are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chiliburn said:

I hear where you are coming from.

Im sick of road trips and weekends in Sydney but I don’t want to go planning something and get let down at the last minute.

A couple of domestic cruises would cure the cabin fever.

 

 

 

Totally agree!

 

I have 2 weeks in Nth QLD in August, which sounds lovely but not compared to the fantastic Singapore-Seattle B2B I was supposed to take in April-May.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't blame Australia and New Zealand for closing their borders in order to protect their citizens - especially from my fellow Americans who seem to lack any responsibility to their neighbors,  community, or the world.  We have an Australian & New Zealand cruisetour booked for November 2021 that I fully expect will be cancelled.  Hopefully Australia and New Zealand will make the travel restrictions clear to cruise lines before my upcoming final payment.  I don't want to wait another 6 months for a refund as I did for the previous cancelled 2020 cruise.

 

I really appreciate everyone in Australia and New Zealand who keeps us updated with the latest information.  Thanks!

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The ban seems to be getting extended in 3 month increments, the next time that happens RCI will likely cancel for those 3 months.

 

Yes, that's what they've done to date. The whole season is unlikely for reasons given.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Missusdubbya said:

Bummer

They way they have been treated can you blame them.

I still think about the time our Federal police told the ships to leave and their was a big line of ships that went around the bottom of australia and up the west coast.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am booked on Ovation TP from Hon to Sydney in Sept followed by a Quantum Brisbane end of Dec.

 

Received an emailed letter from RCI (2 in fact-different formats) this morning, assumably relating to the Sept cruise as final is due on June 30th.

 

Basically just mentions the recent cruise ban extension and that they are still working on what this means and finalizing their plans and it's taking some time.

 

"In the meantime, the final due date payment is suspended till further notice for those with sail dates that reach final payment whilst we iron out the details of our next steps"

 

So... still no answers but at least I don't have to make final payment next week.

Means a delay before I get my $400 (solo) deposit back for the TP but at least I'm not having to hand over any more $$ to get my NRD back.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BecAus said:

I am booked on Ovation TP from Hon to Sydney in Sept followed by a Quantum Brisbane end of Dec.

 

Received an emailed letter from RCI (2 in fact-different formats) this morning, assumably relating to the Sept cruise as final is due on June 30th.

 

Basically just mentions the recent cruise ban extension and that they are still working on what this means and finalizing their plans and it's taking some time.

 

"In the meantime, the final due date payment is suspended till further notice for those with sail dates that reach final payment whilst we iron out the details of our next steps"

 

So... still no answers but at least I don't have to make final payment next week.

Means a delay before I get my $400 (solo) deposit back for the TP but at least I'm not having to hand over any more $$ to get my NRD back.

 

 

Is this the email? Someone posted it on another site.

 

Carnival is offering $900 OBC if you roll it over.

 

image.jpeg.7097606ab80ba9e2a70069e4154808d8.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Is this the email? Someone posted it on another site.

 

Yes, that's it and the other email is a more streamlined, less fancy one but essentially saying the same thing in a more condensed form. (it's beyond my capabilities to attach a copy of the email here like you did  - I can sometimes manage it on my phone  😀 )

 

Doesn't say anywhere I can see about an offer of any sort to roll over.

 

None of the TP's dates in Oct '22 / April '23 line up for me next year, the Sept/Oct ones are coming ~ 2 weeks later next year and that won't work for me so there's nothing I can change to.

Also, I would love to 'lift & shift' my December Qld Quantum cruise if it is offered but there is nothing comparable at the same time / port the following year within the 2 week period so I'm pretty sure that won't be an option.

I'm sure they'll want to cancel it anyway as I have a really cheap fare on a GS for myself, husband and teenager and I'm sure they'd prefer I rebook at prevailing rates which I'm seeing are at least double what I've paid for a similar cruise : (

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Is this the email? Someone posted it on another site.

Carnival is offering $900 OBC if you roll it over.

Carnival was always offering 900 Australian dollars OBC for rolling over your cancelled Cruise

Edited by drsel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...