Jump to content

The New Moon - Adventures in Greece - June 18th through July 8th


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Observer said:

Most paperwork shows boarding beginning at 2 PM, but in most ports it has been practice begun at noon.  This is not a loyalty perk: anyone who shows up between noon and the published embarkation time is free to board. 

 

Exactly right!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As Spins mentioned and actually those folks sailing on the Moon, we all received an email about the new boarding time.  Yes, it is nice to board earlier but I really don't think it is a big deal. (Just my opinion).  They are trying to do everything to keep all of us as safe as possible in these extraordinary times.  

Spins mentioned it earlier in this thread.......I am sure the earlier boarding will be back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

As Spins mentioned and actually those folks sailing on the Moon, we all received an email about the new boarding time.  Yes, it is nice to board earlier but I really don't think it is a big deal. (Just my opinion).  They are trying to do everything to keep all of us as safe as possible in these extraordinary times.  

Spins mentioned it earlier in this thread.......I am sure the earlier boarding will be back. 

Hi Lois 🙂 we just made a comment about earlier boarding pre covid as some of us were not aware this was a perk !!! Yes agree it's all different now as so many protocols are in place ( price one has to pay to want to cruise at this time !!!)  PS don't forget your 😷think of us in Europe who cannot get away so easy as you in USA etc can do !!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

This thread has become a little off subject and far afield at times.

I think it is because we are all do in need of a cruise!!

 

Yes it has !!! Sorry spins that's probably me going off course  .Hope you are having a fabulous time 🍾

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The updates are fabulous — thanks so much!

Just curious — what excursions has everyone done? Are there any you took that you loved and any you wished you had taken?

Have you visited any of the beaches and which ones were hit/miss?

Thanks so much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

As Spins mentioned and actually those folks sailing on the Moon, we all received an email about the new boarding time.  Yes, it is nice to board earlier but I really don't think it is a big deal. (Just my opinion).  They are trying to do everything to keep all of us as safe as possible in these extraordinary times.  

Spins mentioned it earlier in this thread.......I am sure the earlier boarding will be back. 

Lois can you tell me what the letter said as far as times to board.  As I noted before I am on the July 28 cruise and am doing independent hotels, tours and transfers so would like to arrange my transfers to the ship - what is the earliest we can board.

Thanks Cindy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Observer said:

 

No certificates are needed to prove loyalty.  Credits for free cruises are recorded in Silversea computer system. I contact my Silversea rep, and she instantly sees my eligibility.  As for laundry:  When I embark for any cruise there is a note in my suite reminding me I am eligible for free laundry (as if I would forget 🙂).

This has always been our experience thanks for confirmation and long may it continue!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, brimary said:

This has always been our experience thanks for confirmation and long may it continue!

I will reaching my 350 days next cruise.  What is the 7 day free cruise based on.  Can you choose anyone you want or is there a dollar limit.

 

thanks Cindy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cinbeach said:

I will reaching my 350 days next cruise.  What is the 7 day free cruise based on.  Can you choose anyone you want or is there a dollar limit.

 

thanks Cindy

Congrats on the milestone.In our experience it was always a free 7 day cruise of your choice with no price or other restrictions.Enjoy it !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Everyone 

Come aboard.

Fabulous.

Perfect.

Over the Moon.

Could not agree more.  We are staying onboard for the next segment.  Best mix of superior service from crew and respectful passengers we’ve ever sailed with before.

Everyone is so appreciative of being here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cinbeach said:

I will reaching my 350 days next cruise.  What is the 7 day free cruise based on.  Can you choose anyone you want or is there a dollar limit.

 

thanks Cindy

 

There is no dollar limit, but there a suite limitations (generally something like midship verandah).  You can chose any cruise for which you have not already paid in full -- even cruises where you have only a deposit.  You are of course not limited to a seven day cruise.  It's seven days of free cruising.  I am always on longer cruises.  If, say, I apply a seven day certificate to a 21 day cruise, they discount the fare by 33%.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Observer said:

 

There is no dollar limit, but there a suite limitations (generally something like midship verandah).  You can chose any cruise for which you have not already paid in full -- even cruises where you have only a deposit.  You are of course not limited to a seven day cruise.  It's seven days of free cruising.  I am always on longer cruises.  If, say, I apply a seven day certificate to a 21 day cruise, they discount the fare by 33%.

Thank you so much.  I knew you could extend the days and pay the difference I just did not know if you could choose any cruise any location.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2021 at 4:31 AM, spinnaker2 said:

I do not know if all pax passed the test.

It was conducted in a tent building.

It was very hot. 

There were three swabber people in full protective gear in separate cubicles.

I wont describe it all unless you really want to know the procedure.

We waited an hour in that tent before we received our negative results.

By the time we got aboard it was 3:30 pm ( we were not permitted to enter the tent area until 2 pm).

 

A very very long and exhausting first day.

 

I might add the airport procedure to enter Greece was a breeze. Just had to show fax card and the locator number. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We are flying Air Canada from Florida.  I just want to confirm that all you had to show was your Vaccination Card or is there a certificate that must be obtained where we were vaccinated and the Greece Health Form

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cinbeach said:

Thank you so much.  I knew you could extend the days and pay the difference I just did not know if you could choose any cruise any location.

I was advised by our travel agent to choose the most expensive cruise itinerary if it suited your bucket list. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dusababy said:

I was advised by our travel agent to choose the most expensive cruise itinerary if it suited your bucket list. 

Thanks so much for your experience.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

This thread has become a little off subject and far afield at times.

I think it is because we are all do in need of a cruise!!

 

You have that right Spins, we are in dire need of a cruise. 

Taking the Moon October 23 Athens to Singapore.  48 days of pure bliss. Praying really hard for as close to normal as possible.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spins et al, thank you so very much for spending time during your cruise to give us these updates and photos. My heart is happy hearing about your experiences! Over the Moon, indeed!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...