Anyone Getting Cancelled by RCI Due to Capacity Restrictions?

1 minute ago, Aladdin22 said:

Where does it say same price? I can’t see it

Did you get the email.....? I interpret that as if it goes down you get a refund and whatever you pay the same.

What you’ll receive:

• Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • To sweeten the offer, you’ll receive $50 USD credit to spend onboard per stateroom.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fabulous97 said:

Did you get the email.....? I interpret that as if it goes down you get a refund and whatever you pay the same.

What you’ll receive:

• Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • To sweeten the offer, you’ll receive $50 USD credit to spend onboard per stateroom.

I’ve just phoned RCI to make sure. Just have to pay extra port fees, gratuities etc. 

59 minutes ago, Fabulous97 said:

Sailing from the UK on a 4 night one, just been sent an email to move to 5/6/7 or 8 night one same type of cabin same price. Fist come first based basis.

Is the 4 night one being canceled or is it over booked?

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

Is the 4 night one being canceled or is it over booked?

Over booked. The UK Government made a covid announcement about many things on Monday. Cruise lines were expecting to sail at whatever capacity they wanted out of the UK after 21 June that has now been moved to 19 July. So 50% or 1k pax whichever is the lower.

RC sent out emails a short while ago today looking for volunteers to move cruises from the UK. 

We were booked on 5 nights 15th July and 20th July. They’ve asked us to change the 15th. We’ve requested the 25th for seven nights. They won’t confirm until 30th June. They say they’ll only do same category cabin. I’m hoping the same cabin will be allocated or at least same area. Extra 2 nights for same price. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ellasnan said:

We were booked on 5 nights 15th July and 20th July. They’ve asked us to change the 15th. We’ve requested the 25th for seven nights. They won’t confirm until 30th June. They say they’ll only do same category cabin. I’m hoping the same cabin will be allocated or at least same area. Extra 2 nights for same price. 

Fingers crossed for you! It was hard enough to get dog sitters sorted for the 7th so dare not change. I hope they can confirm ours before 30 June!

2 hours ago, Fabulous97 said:

Over booked. The UK Government made a covid announcement about many things on Monday. Cruise lines were expecting to sail at whatever capacity they wanted out of the UK after 21 June that has now been moved to 19 July. So 50% or 1k pax whichever is the lower.

RC sent out emails a short while ago today looking for volunteers to move cruises from the UK. 

Sorry to hear about that. Just when it seemed like things were changing for the better it reverts back to cancellations for one reason or another.  

20 hours ago, Fabulous97 said:

Fingers crossed for you! It was hard enough to get dog sitters sorted for the 7th so dare not change. I hope they can confirm ours before 30 June!

Have you heard back yet? They’ve kept me on the same (15th) sailing. I had changed hotel night before so changed it back. Lucky I’d not changed insurance or car parking!

2 minutes ago, ellasnan said:

Have you heard back yet? They’ve kept me on the same (15th) sailing. I had changed hotel night before so changed it back. Lucky I’d not changed insurance or car parking!

If I look on the RC app it has all changed from yesterday, now I can check in etc. sort of gives me the indication and hope we will be going on the 7th! Also will now let me choose arrival time and health questionnaire. Nothing official yet, fingers crossed and waiting. We are lucky as an hours drive away.

Just now, Fabulous97 said:

If I look on the RC app it has all changed from yesterday, now I can check in etc. sort of gives me the indication and hope we will be going on the 7th! Also will now let me choose arrival time and health questionnaire. Nothing official yet, fingers crossed and waiting. We are lucky as an hours drive away.

I would say you’re still on 7th sailing. Get yourself checked in! Enjoy..

1 minute ago, ellasnan said:

I would say you’re still on 7th sailing. Get yourself checked in! Enjoy..

Whoop, whoop, just looking forward to 4 nights away, someone else, cleaning, cooking and bringing us drinks. Really need a break 🙂

1 minute ago, Fabulous97 said:

Whoop, whoop, just looking forward to 4 nights away, someone else, cleaning, cooking and bringing us drinks. Really need a break 🙂

I’ve had that since January. I’ve had a joint replacements in both hands. Still have a cast on my left hand for two more weeks! Poor husband has done everything for me. He’s getting to be a good cook, hairdresser  and washing clothes. Booked it for him for a rest.
We’re hoping to go to Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife in August, although it’s a/I there are 10 members of the family. Kids are 15,10,9,3 and of course grandad has to play in pool  with them. So no rest then!

1 hour ago, strickers said:

We are checked in for the 7th too, fingers crossed as it’s my wife’s birthday. She’s busy jabbing people and will pass 1500 total today!

Same here. My Wife along with her colleagues has been injecting 100-200 a day since the Pfizer vaccine was first made available and shipped.

Now it has slowed to a walk in no wait system with only 20 or so a day.

Please let our November cruise take place.. 

WE BOTH NEED IT.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Same here. My Wife along with her colleagues has been injecting 100-200 a day since the Pfizer vaccine was first made available and shipped.

Now it has slowed to a walk in no wait system with only 20 or so a day.

Please let our November cruise take place.. 

WE BOTH NEED IT.  

Fingers crossed for you, we all need a holiday!

On 6/13/2021 at 3:42 PM, soremekun said:

Not yet but I'd take a Lift&Shift + 25% in OBC as an offer to give up my cabin due to Royal being over the limit.

It would take more than that to make me accept it,  like an upgrade to Suite level,  JS would do.  We've had our 6 cabins since way back in December and we're keepin 'em.

• Like 1