Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I was recently asked the origin of my screen name, which made me wonder how you all came up with yours. Some are intuitive, but most are a mystery to me. Care to share?

Betsey

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I was recently asked the origin of my screen name, which made me wonder how you all came up with yours. Some are intuitive, but most are a mystery to me. Care to share?

Betsey

 

Betsey, are you going to share the origin of your screen name?

 

Baynanno1

Bay . . we live at Batemans Bay

nan . .  a growing number of grandchildren . . and now great-grandchildren

no1 . . what can I add?

 

Trish

Link to post
Share on other sites

I came up with mine as I like snow skiing, cruising and I was 55 at the time I setup the account.  I had an earlier account from 2003 Skicruiser45 but couldn’t remember the password and no longer had that email address.  

 

Kathy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellbon said:

Mix of my real name. 
was easy to remember 

 

 

yours is a dog you had I am guessing 

Yes, the explanation is in post 34 of “RCL Announces No Vaccines Required”

Link to post
Share on other sites

I often wish I had chosen something better.  I was participating in a cooking forum and everything I tried as a screen name was already taken so I ended up with Teabag because my initial starts with a T.  As for the "bag".......just butt into a line-up where I have been waiting too long and you will see the demo!  Just kidding!  I did change it for a short while and met another cruiser who knew me by the former name and he told me to change it back so I did.  Some people have really great screen names.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yes, the explanation is in post 34 of “RCL Announces No Vaccines Required”

Guess I have to find it.skipped that read as it us just stupid to say we are not checking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yes, the explanation is in post 34 of “RCL Announces No Vaccines Required”

Just read the post. Your poor mother..knew one Bessie who babysat me,

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I was recently asked the origin of my screen name, which made me wonder how you all came up with yours. Some are intuitive, but most are a mystery to me. Care to share?

Betsey

In a hurry to think of something clever and witty when I joined Cruise Critic before my very first cruise in 2003 I failed and came up with how I felt and where I live. Excited in a place called Harpenden I became!

 

Phil 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Used to be part owner and director of a company that manufactured vending machines, one of the key models was called Riocca, a deliberate misspelling of Rioja for copyright reasons.

We sold the company to an American corporation in 1999, and that funds the cruising habit 😀

 

EE2F0103-11FE-48C7-A641-5B68EE66C33B.jpeg.5e75b3e0d82baa6d66e3c99c6bebadb8.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

My screen name is the name of my lovely grandparents house.  It was created from the initials of their three children's forenames.  Sometimes confused with Madiba, the name often used when talking about Nelson Mandela.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is a nickname given to me by workmates years ago, my name is Eric.

Erik Bloodaxe was the Viking King of York and said to never take any prisoners.

They seemed to think it suited me, I can't think why but it stuck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is as a result of having no imagination but gratitude to an ex employer of 28 years pre retirement and provider 10 years post.  Having funded our cruises for a total of 38 years (well not quite) I thought it the least I could do!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is very simple. Rabo had been my nickname since I was a child . . . short for my last name, Rabinowitz. I even had the domain name for many years  (acquired in the early years of the internet) until a corporate entity by that name decided it was worth their while to purchase it from me. Surprisingly, that transaction has funded our cruises for the past several years.

Jerry

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ellbon said:

Just read the post. Your poor mother..knew one Bessie who babysat me,

Yes, she always hated it, and in her later years, would sometimes introduce herself as Betsey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

In a hurry to think of something clever and witty when I joined Cruise Critic before my very first cruise in 2003 I failed and came up with how I felt and where I live. Excited in a place called Harpenden I became!

 

Phil 

Love it! And you seem to remain excited about cruising!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rabo said:

Mine is very simple. Rabo had been my nickname since I was a child . . . short for my last name, Rabinowitz. I even had the domain name for many years  (acquired in the early years of the internet) until a corporate entity by that name decided it was worth their while to purchase it from me. Surprisingly, that transaction has funded our cruises for the past several years.

Jerry

I love that, Jerry! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay off my grass!!  😁     (actually, I haven't had a lawn in more than 20 years, the hillside is too steep,  but it's what I say to the deer than come around to eat the blossoms off my flowers).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully mine is simple and a bit local.

I live in Belfast Northern Ireland, and we have a bad habit at times of speaking too quickly.

If you say Northern Ireland really quickly omitting the 'th' and the 'la' you should get norn iron.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, norn iron said:

Hopefully mine is simple and a bit local.

I live in Belfast Northern Ireland, and we have a bad habit at times of speaking too quickly.

If you say Northern Ireland really quickly omitting the 'th' and the 'la' you should get norn iron.

Thanks for the explanation. I probably never would have guessed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, norn iron said:

Hopefully mine is simple and a bit local.

I live in Belfast Northern Ireland, and we have a bad habit at times of speaking too quickly.

If you say Northern Ireland really quickly omitting the 'th' and the 'la' you should get norn iron.

now, I know.  I tried to figure out your name too.  I'm Irish born also.  We were scheduled to be in Belfast on Silhouette Sept 16 but we cancelled the cruise as it was too soon to trust this COVID mess is over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...