Disembarkation in Nassau

We are on the 8/15 RT Nassau cruise. We have a 1:55pm to Fort Lauderdale on 8/21. . The shore excursion  prior to airport drop off is 3 hours and starts at 8:30 am which is a tour around the. Island and drop off at the airport. That leaves me 2.5 hours to check in. The tour says to leave three hours to check in . Is that cutting it close. Reading the departures post from SXM on Celebrity forum is scary. I guess we will know at the end of the July 3rd cruise what Nassau is like. The other question is how long you can hang out on the ship before going to the airport. Any thoughts 

47 minutes ago, wesport said:

We are on the 8/15 RT Nassau cruise. We have a 1:55pm to Fort Lauderdale on 8/21. . The shore excursion  prior to airport drop off is 3 hours and starts at 8:30 am which is a tour around the. Island and drop off at the airport. That leaves me 2.5 hours to check in. The tour says to leave three hours to check in . Is that cutting it close. Reading the departures post from SXM on Celebrity forum is scary. I guess we will know at the end of the July 3rd cruise what Nassau is like. The other question is how long you can hang out on the ship before going to the airport. Any thoughts 

First, yes wait for the July 3 cruise to see what people say.

As to how long you can stay on the ship all bets are off with COVID-19.  For planning purposes assume by 9:00 AM which is a tad earlier than it used to be.  Again you could wait for the July 3 cruise on that too.

Keith

Royal had their first cruise sail Sat and a CC staffer is onboard.  I think her blog is linked in another thread.  I would wait until her cruise debarks on Sat.  Remember, that Royal ship will be sailing and returning the same days as Crystal.  It may take some time for the airport to learn to cope, but maybe they will have it figured out by the time Crystal starts.  EM

With two ships having turn around on the same day it could be crazy.  I'm using Royal's transfer for that reason.  Bags will be picked up outside the cabin and I won't see them again until baggage claim in the US.

If you are concerned about connections in the US, book Five Star with American or VIP Select with Delta.  (Or whatever service your particular airline offers.)  They do an AWESOME job!

From LPIA website:

https://nassaulpia.com/summer-travel-tips-2021/

Additionally, on their website:

1. Given the volume of passengers that will be commencing cruises in Nassau, if possible, avoid travel on Saturday and Sunday and choose a slower day to begin and end your vacation or business trip. Also, consider travel during off peak times and look for flights either before 9:00am or after 2:00pm, which is a peak travel period at the airport.

2. When travelling to the US, particularly on peak days and times, ensure that you are at the airport 3 to 3.5 hours ahead of your scheduled flight departure time. Given the impact of COVID-19, passenger processing is slower and more complex.

Personally, I would not cut it close. I wouldn't enjoy the tour knowing I was arriving only 2.5 hours prior to my flight at peak time on the busiest day, when the airport is recommending 3-3.5 hours.

Check-in/bag drop----Check your airlines website for Nassau check-in. Self-service baggage kiosks "may" save you some time, if your airline has them at NAS. 

If you are flying first (or have status) the lines will obviously be shorter for airline check-in.

We use the verifly app to show our negative test results at check-in for US re-entry requirement.

Clearing US Customes/Immigration----Do you have Global Entry? Nassau airport has Global Entry kiosks so we figure we will save some time with that. If not, Nassau has APC (automated passport control) kiosks for everyone to use.

The security lines---check with fly.com or use the myTSA app to see what the security wait times are running. I would be checking it for a few weeks prior to my trip to see what Saturdays look like at my flight time.

8 hours ago, ridolphi said:

Thanks, good info.  We are flying first, and have Global Entry so that should help.

We can drink to that..Tito's anyone.