Specialty restaurants tips

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, texmat said:

At the specialty restaurants, Do you add your extra tip to the receipt or give cash to your server? 

We have done both. Once we run out of cash for servers and bartenders we switch over to adding it to the receipt.  On the receipt it goes into the ship tip pool, cash they do what the other servers agree to. We talked to a server in Jamies that said they all pool cash tips amongst themselves and all help each other with orders. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2021 at 12:51 PM, Joseph2017China said:

Tips are included.  Therefore, if it is standard service, I'm good with it as is

I don’t see that anywhere but have read it here before. Not sure how true it is.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, texmat said:

I don’t see that anywhere but have read it here before. Not sure how true it is.

just purchased today and the order history states - service would have to be exceptional for me leave an additional tip.

*Gratuity INCLUDED
Edited by cruisegus

12 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

just purchased today and the order history states - service would have to be exceptional for me leave an additional tip.

*Gratuity INCLUDED

Tips are included, but the server only gets about $2.  The balance goes into the general tip pool. Cash they receive they keep. 

7 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Tips are included, but the server only gets about $2.  The balance goes into the general tip pool. Cash they receive they keep. 

Depends, I think all ships and even shifts are different, my servers have told me that they have to urn the cash in to be pooled, either in the main pool or among those that are working that specific service.

either way I rarely tip more than 18 or 20% at home and anytime I go to a restaurant that automatically applies the tip that is all they get.  I understand why some places automatically apply the tip, because some just don't ante up unless forced, but once they tell me what the tip is to be I believe them and that is what they get.

• Like 1