Hello everyone! I have a stupid question. If the Encore is now doing Alaska cruises, will it still have time to start again in Miami for my Caribbean cruise in January. Thanks for any replies. 😀

Posted (edited)

Alaska season ends around September (although I haven’t looked at the dates this year, so maybe they are extending it a little).

The time to get from Seattle to Miami depends on the itineraries of the positioning cruises in between (are they even selling those this year?), but it is generally a few weeks.

So basically, yes there is plenty of time. It is not unusual in a normal year for a ship to Summer in Alaska and then head through the canal to get to the Caribbean for the Winter.

This is assuming the canal is operating as usual. Again, I haven’t really been paying attention to these details lately.

Edited by KeithJenner

Sure, just takes one cruise to Mexico that repositions her to southern California and then once cruise east through the canal and she is good to go.  Remember Alaska season ends in October I think, so that is plenty of time.  The Bliss does this yearly.

It takes about 14+ cruise days to go from Miami to Alaska - and of course the reverse is about

the same - The ENCORE will have plenty of time to sail in Alaska and resume cruising in the

Caribbean in January.

The ship positioning cruise thru the Panama Canal and port calls along the way make for an

interesting cruise in itself.

Posted (edited)

It's not a stupid question.  I can understand your concern since I don't see any Panama Canal cruise scheduled for the Encore to transit from Pacific coast to Atlantic coast this year.

Perhaps they just haven't gotten around to booking that cruise yet.  

Good luck. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise
20 minutes ago, Diane67B said:

Hello everyone! I have a stupid question. If the Encore is now doing Alaska cruises, will it still have time to start again in Miami for my Caribbean cruise in January. Thanks for any replies. 😀

Which sailing are you on? We are booked for Encore January 16th. 

Having looked up the location of both ships, I'm wondering if NCL will pull another switcheroo between them.  Bliss is still in the English Channel, just west of Southampton and Encore has set sail and is heading for South Korea.  

Anyone think it would make more sense for the Encore, after completing the Alaska cruises, to continue on the west coast doing the Mexican Riviera cruises and, Bliss, after doing a quick TA from Europe, to take over the Caribbean cruises which the Encore is scheduled to do? 

Just wondering... 

1 hour ago, Diane67B said:

There are no stupid questions.  No problem making a January Sailing, if NCL sticks with the current schedule.

2 hours ago, Diane67B said:

Great question!  We are booked on the Encore for Christmas.

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Having looked up the location of both ships, I'm wondering if NCL will pull another switcheroo between them.  Bliss is still in the English Channel, just west of Southampton and Encore has set sail and is heading for South Korea.  

Anyone think it would make more sense for the Encore, after completing the Alaska cruises, to continue on the west coast doing the Mexican Riviera cruises and, Bliss, after doing a quick TA from Europe, to take over the Caribbean cruises which the Encore is scheduled to do? 

Just wondering... 

I hope not.  We are scheduled for the Encore in January and then the Bliss for the Panama Canal in February.  I was hoping to mix it up a little.  But either way, we're just happy to get back on board!

I taught ATC at the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City for a while (mid career ATC break).  The first thing I would tell a new class was, "There is no such thing as a stupid question!"  Then one of the students would ask a question later, and I would of course say, "Man!  That is really a stupid question!"   Cut them no slack..............              But....your question seemed pretty good.