Do You Have Additional Documents That Verify Vaccination?

Do you have documents in addition to your CDC card, that can be used to verify that you have been vaccinated?  I live in the US.  I do.  And so far, everybody who I have asked does.  In my case, I can print out or use a smart phone to get to an app that has the record from the hospital that distributed the vaccine through a mass vaccination site.

58 minutes ago, jtwind said:

Do you have documents in addition to your CDC card, that can be used to verify that you have been vaccinated?

An excellent question and one that I have been trying to determine for myself.  The only hard proof that I possess is the CDC card.  I received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine at CVS and have learned that CVS has such a record.  But, even using their pharmacy website (as a registered member/customer), I can't find it.  Next step is to speak with the Pharmacist at my CVS store, I guess.

The hospital system in which my doctors are a part have a "My Chart" section.  I have looked there--repeatedly--no indication that I am vaccinated.  This concern is on my list of topics to discuss with my PCP at my next appointment.  

5 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes. We have a medical record indicating vaccinations and dates. Issued by the California Vaccination database.

I think Ohio also has such a database, but I have not learned how to access that database as of yet.  

3 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I think Ohio also has such a database, but I have not learned how to access that database as of yet.  

Most states have the databases.

We do not have  a CDC cards here

We got an email  from our Provincial health system  with the info on it

I am sure some smart person  could easily   forge the document  same as some were doing in the USA

Having the info on your State or Provincial health network is fine   but what if you travel outside of your Country how do provide proof you had  the vaccine ?

There needs to be  a Global system  where proof is digitally attached to your Passport  if you are planning to travel outside of your Country

JMO

23 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

I received a Medicare Summary Notice with the name of the pharmacy and dates I received the Covid vaccine 

I wondered if I would not receive an EOB from Medicare that showed that they paid the administration costs of the vaccine.  I knew the vaccine was "free".  But, I was under the impression that CVS would bill my insurance for the administration charge.  That has not happened.  Maybe the EOB is "in the mail"?  

2 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I wondered if I would not receive an EOB from Medicare that showed that they paid the administration costs of the vaccine.  I knew the vaccine was "free".  But, I was under the impression that CVS would bill my insurance for the administration charge.  That has not happened.  Maybe the EOB is "in the mail"?  

I logged into my Medicare account, and I don't find anything there at all for the vaccine. We got ours through a county-sponsored location, and I'm not so sure it's recorded anywhere. I'd better not lose that card!

19 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

There needs to be  a Global system 

where proof is digitally attached to your Passport 

if you are planning to travel outside of your Country

Fear not, that's coming, if only eventually.

It will be non-counterfeitable too (much like the U.S. $100-bill)

complete with holographic images included, and other fun stuff.

But for now...here in Barbados, we are given

a ruddy great Blue Card that measures 9 ins. x 5 ins.!!

with two rubber stamps - not exactly handy, but whateverrr!

..plus they email you a  .pdf file that's a Certificate of Vaccination!

I shall be travelling with both, whether they want to see them or not!

Barbados Covid Cert blue card.JPG

Posted (edited)

I received an email after each shot that documented the date and lot number used.  It matches what is on my card.

For those in CA, I got my shots via the state-sponsored MyTurn website.  This site/system seems pretty good with respect to tracking distribution.

Edited by SelectSys

There was/is a previous VERY long thread about this on CC.

The bottom line in the US is that every shot given, whether in a popup tent or an MD office or a County Clinic is associated with a “medical record” that already existed or was created when you agreed to receiving the vaccine and identified yourself.

That “record” includes more information than does the card you received (e.g., dosage).

If you are lucky, whoever maintains that record uses MyChart (or another Epic product), which is the most widely used medical records system in the US. 

That said, for one MyChart record to sync with another MyChart record, YOU must link them (using instructions on the MyChart website for your primary provider or hospital or clinic).

For example, I received my Moderna shots at a County Clinic (to which I had never been) that created a MyChart record for that “procedure.”

I already had a primary provider University hospital system MyChart record. So, I opened my original MyChart web account, searched for (and found) the County Clinic, indicated that I wanted the two records to sync and, shortly thereafter, the Moderna shots (complete with dosage et al. info) appeared in the immunizations section of my university hospital MyChart account.

Since this is “provider to provider” communication, without the possibility of counterfeit cards and other questionable “proof,” it is as close as one can get to a readily available (via phone app) complete record of immunization.

No “MyChart” available to you? You can still do a little sleuthing and identify where the official record of your vaccination resides. With that information, you can then sign a Release of Information and request that record to be sent to your PCP MD or clinic or wherever your primary medical record resides. This too is “provider to provider” communication which is far more secure and bona fide proof of vaccination than is the easily counterfeited card we all received.

Of course, the “proof is in the pudding.” If government agencies (foreign or domestic) and travel providers (e.g., cruise lines) eventually require some sort of vaccine passport) its issuance MAY require an actual copy of a recognized medical record and NOT just the “souvenir shot card” we received.

Posted (edited)

So far no replies from Floridians -I am the 1st?  Our Gov has said no to passport vaccines, and no to vaccine requirements by businesses, including cruise lines.  He has ceased daily COVID reporting and made it weekly now, while castigating those who have different data than the state's version.  He is the main reason why cruising has not re-started in Florida.  JMO, YMMV.

Edited by evandbob

I have my CDC card.  I participated in the v-safe follow up program, and you can go to the website and pull up your profile, which shows my name, date of birth, type of vaccine, and dates administered.  I did a screen shot and it’s in my phone.  I also got the insurance statements for the administration fees, also.  EM

35 minutes ago, evandbob said:

So far no replies from Floridians -I am the 1st?  Our Gov has said no to passport vaccines, and no to vaccine requirements by businesses, including cruise lines.  He has ceased daily COVID reporting and made it weekly now, while castigating those who have different data than the state's version.  He is the main reason why cruising has not re-started in Florida.  JMO, YMMV.

You’ll always be welcome in California where the sun always sets on the right side of the ocean.

So far, places that want proof of vaccination such as Iceland and Greece only want to see your CDC vaccination card.  All the other stuff is nice for record keeping but nobody seems interested in that other documentation.   Some have suggested that keeping a photo (on your phone) of your CDC is a good idea.

We have upcoming trips to both Greece and Barbados (both countries require proof of vaccination) and they each have apps that must be completed, in advance, along with an upload of the CDC Card.  Nothing else is required.  They also expect you to carry your CDC Card when you enter their countries.

Hank

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I have my CDC card.  I participated in the v-safe follow up program, and you can go to the website and pull up your profile, which shows my name, date of birth, type of vaccine, and dates administered.  I did a screen shot and it’s in my phone. 

Thank you so much for this information! 

Florida, as far as I can tell, has no database or isn't willing to let its residents know about it.  This is much better.  I now have this screen and a photo of my CDC vaccination record saved on my phone and I-Pad.  

It took me a while to find the instructions but here they are in case anyone else is interested (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/faq.html😞

How can I view my v-safe account?

Sign into your v-safe account to view your previous health check-ins, register your second dose of vaccine, change your language preferences, or change select demographic information.

Go to vsafe.cdc.gov and tap “Get Started.” Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap “Already Registered?” Enter your v-safe registration code (the 13-character code you received after completing vsafe registration) and tap “Send Secure Link.” You will receive a direct link to your account via text. Tap this link to initiate account access and enter the 6-digit verification code you will also receive via text.

What if I do not have my v-safe registration code?

To sign into your v-safe account without your registration code, go to vsafe.cdc.gov and tap “Get Started.” Enter your information as you did when you originally enrolled; once v-safe matches you to your account, it will send a 6-digit verification code via text. Enter this verification code to access your account.

Posted (edited)

I have the state records from Nevada.  If necessary and if someone does not believe my print out, I could log onto the state site from anywhere and show them.  Easy to do if you have a smart phone.  If you refuse to use a smart phone as some people on CC do, I guess that you can't.

DON 

Edited by donaldsc

If your a member of Kaiser (or any health plan) your jab will eventually be part of your medical record.

I looked up mine and I can print an "official" certificate of all my immunizations, even has the fancy Kaiser & State of California logos on it.

KID got his jabs at a county drive-up site and was recorded in his Kaiser records within a week of each jab.

Kaiser uses My Chart.

4 hours ago, Hlitner said:

So far, places that want proof of vaccination such as Iceland and Greece only want to see your CDC vaccination card.  All the other stuff is nice for record keeping but nobody seems interested in that other documentation.   Some have suggested that keeping a photo (on your phone) of your CDC is a good idea.

We have upcoming trips to both Greece and Barbados (both countries require proof of vaccination) and they each have apps that must be completed, in advance, along with an upload of the CDC Card.  Nothing else is required.  They also expect you to carry your CDC Card when you enter their countries.

Hank

Better check to be sure you have the correct info.  As of this morning the EU (and Greece) are only accepting the International Record of Immunization aka the "yellow book"  or the QR code generated by the COVPASS App.  We checked several different countries requirements and the US CDC card is not accepted by any of them.

12 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I have my CDC card.  I participated in the v-safe follow up program, and you can go to the website and pull up your profile, which shows my name, date of birth, type of vaccine, and dates administered.  I did a screen shot and it’s in my phone.  I also got the insurance statements for the administration fees, also.  EM

No insurance statement for me, but I do have the card and participated in v-safe.  One other small thing I did was keep some of those e-mails from my chosen provider that reminded me of my upcoming shot.

12 hours ago, evandbob said:

But haven't you read he claims his lawsuit against the CDC is the reason that there is movement towards cruising restarting form US ports.🤦‍♂️