With Volendam's TA cancelled for Nov. 21 what happens to the following cruises???

We are booked on Volendam's 20 day cruise starting December 15th.  With Volendam's TA cancelled this November what will happen to the following cruises?  Its fine to say for passengers to just wait and see, but how do you make plans when there may not be a ship waiting at the dock?   If we are moved to another ship will we get our same cabin and location?  Will the trip be the same dates?  Should we start looking for another cruise?  I know it seems early, but we are talking over both the Christmas and New Year's holidays!!!   Any thoughts???  Any ideas???

I am scheduled on the 14-day Caribbean cruise starting 11.25.2021.  Looks like I might be needing to find a replacement.  I have a feeling they will wait to sail this ship as it is more costly to operate since it smaller.

I would not want to be in your shoes.  I am sure you won’t get a straight answer from HAL, they will say it’s going until it’s not.  On the flip side the V’dam is scheduled to do the Grand South America in early January departing from FL.  Of course I won’t bet that cruise is going either.  South America (outside of Chile) is a mess.  I think this is the risk of taking the early cruises (not that you knew it would be an early cruise when you booked it).

Posted (edited)

I am starting to worry about my April cruise.  Two weeks ago there were 559 cruise listed on the HAL website, last I looked this morning there were 550.   Also Gus said just last month  that he wanted HAL to start publishing cruises beyond the current 2 year mark.  As of today we are still stuck at May. 

Edited by Mary229

Posted (edited)

We are booked on the first Baltics in May 2022.  We have already booked a back up.  Just in case.  😞

Edited by Anubi

6 minutes ago, Anubi said:

We are booked on the first Baltics in May 2022.  We have already booked a back up.  Just in case.  😞

I have one sitting in cart only requiring a buy now click.   I want to start paying down my various spring travel arrangements September 1 so I will need to make a decision then.  

2 hours ago, Hflors said:

We are booked on Volendam's 20 day cruise starting December 15th.  With Volendam's TA cancelled this November what will happen to the following cruises?  Its fine to say for passengers to just wait and see, but how do you make plans when there may not be a ship waiting at the dock?   If we are moved to another ship will we get our same cabin and location? 

Speaking as one who has been ping ponged a lot with changes in ships - no,  you don’t get your same cabin or location.  You will get an “equivalent” cabin.  It might not be a location you like.  the first time I was ping ponged around it was the LAST cabin I would ever book.  It wasn’t until 6 months later I could change it and now, all for naught as the ship has changed again.

2 hours ago, Hflors said:

Will the trip be the same dates?  Should we start looking for another cruise?  I know it seems early, but we are talking over both the Christmas and New Year's holidays!!!   Any thoughts???  Any ideas???

Our sailing date changed but only because they switched us from the Volendam to the Eurodam.  

My best guess is they couldn’t get enough crew vaccinated to get all the ships going in Europe in time for their deadline.  My guess, the Volendam will cross the pond sans passengers and sail.  

But it’s just my supposition.  I can tell you honestly that if they change the ship, after carefully choosing your cabin, it’s like booking a guarantee, only you do know where you are.

With luck, you can change it if you don’t like it 🤞