Where will the Encore be going after the Alaska Season?

Between Oct 23th and Nov 14th no one knows, since there is nothing scheduled, and then she pops up in Miami.  We do know she would need to sail from Seattle south, so probably a trip that repositions to LA but includes a Mexico stop to be legal, and then a west to east canal transit cruise, but again, neither of those seem to be on the books.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Between Oct 23th and Nov 14th no one knows, since there is nothing scheduled, and then she pops up in Miami.  We do know she would need to sail from Seattle south, so probably a trip that repositions to LA but includes a Mexico stop to be legal, and then a west to east canal transit cruise, but again, neither of those seem to be on the books.

I'm booked on Encore for a 21-day Seattle to Miami ("ocean-to-ocean") Panama Canal cruise, Oct 23- Nov 13, 2022. So, it looks like this may be Encore's regular "gig"; Alaska (from Seattle) in the summers then reposition to Miami (via the Panama Canal) for the winters. On my booked cruise, Encore does make calls at multiple Mexican Riviera ports (Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, etc).  That was another reason I booked the cruise; I've never cruised to the Mexican Riviera. Another rat, @HBCcruiser, won't take me with her (she cruises down there from LA regularly).

Edited by texasaggies
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, texasaggies said:

I'm booked on Encore for a 21-day Seattle to Miami ("ocean-to-ocean") Panama Canal cruise, Oct 23- Nov 13, 2022. So, it looks like this may be Encore's regular "gig"; Alaska (from Seattle) in the summers then reposition to Miami (via the Panama Canal) for the winters. On my booked cruise, Encore does make calls at multiple Mexican Riviera ports (Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, etc).  That was another reason I booked the cruise; I've never cruised to the Mexican Riviera. Another rat, @HBCcruiser, won't take me with her (she cruises down there from LA regularly).

Part of the whole bucket list PC cruise I am doing is exactly so I can say I went to the Mexican Riviera as well, same two ports!!!   :)  

With the Bliss in the Atlantic and the Encore in the Pacific at the end of the Alaska season,  it would be expensive to send  both them through the Canal without passengers.  I hope at least one does a passenger cruise through  the Canal.

4 minutes ago, jy0ung1 said:

With the Bliss in the Atlantic and the Encore in the Pacific at the end of the Alaska season,  it would be expensive to send  both them through the Canal without passengers.  I hope at least one does a passenger cruise through  the Canal.

I am booked on Bliss doing a PC east to west in February of 2022.

DH and I were on the Panama Canal cruise on the Encore Oct 28- Nov 14th but it was cancelled.  I am interested to see what happens now.  Even though we had several cruises cancelled the past 15 months this was the one that hit the hardest.  We are currently booked on the Joy Nov 6th.