Health And Safety section of online checkin

3 hours ago, MrsTocko said:

Led me to think that it wouldnt allow me to do part of it (email and phone) without completing all of it (Photo).

Not necessarily. I was able to verify just my email and Save & Continue, I added the cell phone number and photo later. It should allow you to do one step at a time if necessary. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 4:58 PM, MrsTocko said:

Ok- I just saw this on my April 2022 reservation.  I was able to verify my email and mobile number and took a photo with my desktop camera.  All of these fields were required in order to Save & Continue.  Led me to think that it wouldnt allow me to do part of it (email and phone) without completing all of it (Photo).

actually received the text almost instantaneously, same with email. My email was open in another window.

I clicked

verify cell (ding with text received)

Verify email

read received text and responded

went to check email

Verified my email

Process took about a minute for all.

Will do my DH tonight

I can't seem to get my phone number to take.  Everything else went fine.  I received the email confirmation but not our phone confirmation.  I am showing only 85% checked in.  

On 6/17/2021 at 8:27 AM, sicness4x4 said:

I'm able to download and print our eDocs at 38 days out. I first downloaded them on 25 April, 3 months out. There is nothing new in the eDocs about covid vaccination or policies. I won't print them until the week before sailing. My check in still shows 100% even with my wife not completing the new section yet.

Our Jade check in status now shows 83% complete and eDocs are not available to view or download. We have completed the check in as much as possible, but figure something new will be required in the Health and Safety section within 3 weeks from departure.

FireShot Capture 005 - My Vacation Summary - www.ncl.com.png

4 hours ago, sicness4x4 said:

Our Jade check in status now shows 83% complete and eDocs are not available to view or download. We have completed the check in as much as possible, but figure something new will be required in the Health and Safety section within 3 weeks from departure.

FireShot Capture 005 - My Vacation Summary - www.ncl.com.png

This is what mine says too.  I thought maybe it was because we don't sail until Oct. I also saw the message to check back closer so maybe they will need more info.  

I read that 14 days or so before sailing you will scan a copy of your vaccination card.  I think once that is completed you will be 100% checked in and can print/save your edocs.  My phone, email and photo are all verified and I am at 84% for both my cruises.

On 6/16/2021 at 8:32 AM, CruisinNewbie11 said:

Just checked with NCL tech support who said that you can verify your email, input your photo  ahead of time, but have to wait until 21 days before your cruise to verify telphone number.   You won't be able to print out your docs until that is done.

I verified my phone number around 75 days prior to sail date. I tried several times because I had problems with it but the photo, email, and phone number are all verified.

23 minutes ago, Muckyduckway said:

That could be the easiest muster ever!

Was time of arrival/time of test mentioned?

In the Health and Safety section, you choose an arrival/check-in time. Our sail away time is 23.00 and check-in times listed were every half hour from 10.00 to 19.00.

I just completed ours.  I wonder how strict they will be on the check in time.  Hard to pick now.  We want to explore Athens before we board but not sure when we will be done.  We picked 4:00 - 4:30. We figured time to board, go to room, freshen up and then go eat dinner around 7:00.

1 hour ago, sicness4x4 said:

In the Health and Safety section, you choose an arrival/check-in time. Our sail away time is 23.00 and check-in times listed were every half hour from 10.00 to 19.00.

Forgot to add a screenshot of the check-in.

time.png.60956012663ee4d257251be2f02c3bbf.png

• Like 1

With a 9 hour window for check-in I don't think it'll get too crowded in the terminal. I hope they are strict on the times and make passengers follow the rules. 

Edited by sicness4x4

13 minutes ago, shof515 said:

according to that video, life jacket is now required for the boat drill. did they bring that back?  for years, it was not needed

Sorry, I don't see anything in the video requiring the life jacket for the drill. If the general emergency alarm sounds while you are in your cabin you should bring the life jacket with you to your muster station.

On 6/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, casofilia said:

I acknowledge that I will be fully vaccinated, at least 2 weeks prior to departure, with a vaccine that has been authorized for use by the World Health Organization, U.S. Food and Drug Administration or the European Medicines Agency.

Do you know the names of those vaccines?   Are they on the documents so you can check you have one that "fits"!

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines

So, just for those who do not have smart phones and are not tech savvy, don’t worry about all of it. If anything think of it this way. The company is setting up a way for people who are tech savvy to speed up their check in. With that said, this also speeds up your check in as well. Remember how long the lines and wait times are normally? Well now think of it as a shorter time to wait, because most people will be flying through and making this wait time much shorter. If anything, I’m going to “guess” that they will have two separate lines for check in. One for those who fully pre-checked and one for those who didn’t/couldn’t. So if the majority of people are able to check in early, your line will be considerable shorter. NCL and any other cruise line is not about to turn it’s back to it’s long time supporters. They love you and if anything this is a win win on all sides. It cuts down their work and speeds up the process on both ends. So don’t worry and know that your wait time to get checked in has dramatically decreased and you didn’t need to worry about modern tech. Spend your time focusing on what to wear and what you plan on doing on board and at the ports! Enjoy your vacation. And if you are still not convinced, give NCL a call and ask about it. I’m pretty sure they are going to say what I did. 🙂 I hope all of you have fabulous vacations! ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I sure hope  this is the case, BUT, just got done with NCL online CHAT.  Asked if we are unable to complete online registration due to not being  able to download photos, would be denied boarding at Pier.  Answer was if at the Pier they are unable to print out your documents, you will be denied boarding.  Yikes.  asked for an email address to vent my concerns about this, none provided.  It says on NCL site, under documents required that vaccination cards are to be presented at Pier for boarding.  Don't understand why Pier personnel would need to print out edocs, just take our photo .  Trying to locate an email address for some better clarification.  If anyone has a good one, please provide!  Sure cant make final payment next month with this uncertainty

17 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

I sure hope  this is the case, BUT, just got done with NCL online CHAT.  Asked if we are unable to complete online registration due to not being  able to download photos, would be denied boarding at Pier.  Answer was if at the Pier they are unable to print out your documents, you will be denied boarding.  Yikes.  asked for an email address to vent my concerns about this, none provided.  It says on NCL site, under documents required that vaccination cards are to be presented at Pier for boarding.  Don't understand why Pier personnel would need to print out edocs, just take our photo .  Trying to locate an email address for some better clarification.  If anyone has a good one, please provide!  Sure cant make final payment next month with this uncertainty

maybe it is terminal specific. NYC is my homeport and there is always someone at the pier that can look you up in the system before you go to the check in

i think the issue is getting in the terminal building. usually when you first walk in they want to see your check in docs and photo id. i could security having an issue if you dont have the documents handy

33 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

I would give NCL a call instead of doing the chat box. Sometimes things get confusing with just texting someone. And you could get a better clarification. 

Well I did call NCL, was told specifically had to scan vaccinations cards 2 wks ahead of sailing, suggested I go to a library or a friends house to get it accomplished.  Didn't get into taking a photo, but I said I wanted to email "someone" to vent my frustrations, only suggested I use their online complaint process.   urggh.  We are Platinum Plus, guess helping loyal customers in these times is not priority.  Made it pretty clear if not 100% checked in online, there could be a PROBLEM!