When will P &O announce next pause

6 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi just had an email from Cunard about the next pause in operations our November and December cruises will be now transferred from Queen Victoria  to the Queen Elizabeth still same itineraries though 

So are they different dates? 

Why did they say they were pausing? 

Cunard always seem to cancel first …. Which is good of them to make it easier for passengers. 

2 minutes ago, ToxM said:

So are they different dates? 

Why did they say they were pausing? 

Cunard always seem to cancel first …. Which is good of them to make it easier for passengers. 

No same everything apart from ship 

8 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

No same everything apart from ship 

The video where they explain it all is very comprehensive. 

At least you still have your cruise - that’s good news!

Sad for the worldies though. 

Just now, ToxM said:

The video where they explain it all is very comprehensive. 

At least you still have your cruise - that’s good news!

Sad for the worldies though. 

Yes very disappointing for them feeling lucky I still have my cruises 

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

Also updated on their website was the following for QM2:-

Queen Mary 2’s published schedule of Transatlantic Crossings and Caribbean sailings on or after 14 November 2021 are to go ahead as planned.

Cunard page:-

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact-us/travel-health-advisories

That could change though. If the travel ban is still in effect on November for example? I don't think they can really sail all american b2b only with no getting off in Southampton for any passengers. Brits and others make up half the ship.

I think P&O should make an announcement once we have heard the next round of changes to the Green List(if any)  on June 24th or at least reduce the payment terms from 90 days to 30 days while the uncertainty continues.

With Cunard cancelling the Worldies, I can't see P&O doing different. Essentially putting Arcadia and Aurora out until Easter.

With Queen Mary doing round trip Caribbean, I'm hopeful that Britannia will get to the Caribbean as well, although whether that is later than planned remains to be seen. I'm feeling less confident that we will see Azura do a Caribbean season.

A positive is that Queen Elizabeth picking up the Canaries/Med cruises bodes well for Iona and Ventura's voyages pre Christmas.

20 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

With Cunard cancelling the Worldies, I can't see P&O doing different. Essentially putting Arcadia and Aurora out until Easter.

With Queen Mary doing round trip Caribbean, I'm hopeful that Britannia will get to the Caribbean as well, although whether that is later than planned remains to be seen. I'm feeling less confident that we will see Azura do a Caribbean season.

A positive is that Queen Elizabeth picking up the Canaries/Med cruises bodes well for Iona and Ventura's voyages pre Christmas.

Thanks for that.

Reading between the lines, things aren't looking great for anything beyond Europe for the rest of 2021.

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Thanks for that.

Reading between the lines, things aren't looking great for anything beyond Europe for the rest of 2021.

I am no longer holding out much hope for anything other than seacations for most of this year, especially if there is a winter wave, as is probably likely.

31 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

We did a 26 night round trip to the Caribbean via New York in 2019 on QM2 and really enjoyed it.However if Britannia is in the Caribbean I presume that will mean fly cruises and chartering aircraft as well as being stationed overseas for months sounds as though more will be involved?The Ventura 35 night trips in Jan and Feb are always popular.It would be good if Britannia offered something similar this winter if fly cruises are not possible

1 minute ago, ann141 said:

We did a 26 night round trip to the Caribbean via New York in 2019 on QM2 and really enjoyed it.However if Britannia is in the Caribbean I presume that will mean fly cruises and chartering aircraft as well as being stationed overseas for months sounds as though more will be involved?The Ventura 35 night trips in Jan and Feb are always popular.It would be good if Britannia offered something similar this winter if fly cruises are not possible

I can't see these long cruises being offered this winter, in the current climate.

Too many downsides, if things go wrong, sickness wise. 

I expect to see a plethora of cruises to the Canaries!

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

I can't see these long cruises being offered this winter, in the current climate.

I will be happy with that if it means warm weather.We already have a cruise in January to the Canary Islands with Saga but  I like a bargain so if lots of cruises are on sale I will be happy to go again in February or March!

11 hours ago, molecrochip said:

So would you say it's more likely that Ventura will be  brought back into service than Azura? TIA

1 hour ago, Cathygh said:

So would you say it's more likely that Ventura will be  brought back into service than Azura? TIA

Azura is overdue an M.O.T (but slightly more detailed) before it can sail with passengers again.  It probably makes sense to use ships that are still legal when capacity isn't the greatest issue.

I wonder which ships make more sense financially to run at reduced capacity taking into account age etc, whilst Aurora is less capacity than Britannia it is older, they both would have to run at 1k max passengers.

I continue to applaud cruise lines for trying their best in a really fast moving environment. 

4 minutes ago, ToxM said:

I wonder which ships make more sense financially to run at reduced capacity taking into account age etc, whilst Aurora is less capacity than Britannia it is older, they both would have to run at 1k max passengers.

I continue to applaud cruise lines for trying their best in a really fast moving environment. 

Don't forget that the guidance of 1000 max is until 19th July 2021.  According to the updated domestic cruise ship travel advice:-

Roadmap step 3 – from 17 May

Domestic cruises are permitted in England under step 3 of the roadmap out of lockdown.

Domestic cruises can operate with up to 1,000 people or 50% capacity, whichever is lower. This capacity limit applies to passengers only.

COVID-secure guidance applies. Groups of more than 6 people or 2 households will not be allowed to mix indoors – whether or not they originally booked in the same group.

Roadmap step 4

It is expected that England will move to Step 4 on 19 July, though the data will be reviewed after 2 weeks in case the risks have reduced.

By step 4, the government hopes to remove all legal limits on social contact. This includes lifting capacity limits for domestic cruises.

UK.GOV web source - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-cruise-ship-travel

2 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Don't forget that the guidance of 1000 max is until 19th July 2021.  According to the updated domestic cruise ship travel advice:-

Domestic cruises are permitted in England under step 3 of the roadmap out of lockdown.

Domestic cruises can operate with up to 1,000 people or 50% capacity, whichever is lower. This capacity limit applies to passengers only.

COVID-secure guidance applies. Groups of more than 6 people or 2 households will not be allowed to mix indoors – whether or not they originally booked in the same group.

Roadmap step 4

It is expected that England will move to Step 4 on 19 July, though the data will be reviewed after 2 weeks in case the risks have reduced.

By step 4, the government hopes to remove all legal limits on social contact. This includes lifting capacity limits for domestic cruises.

UK.GOV web source - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-cruise-ship-travel

That “expected” may throw us for a loop…

3 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Roadmap step 4

Hopefully that means going ashore on your own as well.

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Hopefully that means going ashore on your own as well.

As we as a country move towards a more managed personal risk based approach to covid, as hinted at by cabinet members recently, this should well be the case.  I certainly hope so, along with other enforced restrictions being eased away.

Let get back cruising.

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

I am thinking this too, we have a 35 night to Caribbean on Ventura, it is still a long way off but in the middle of winter?. Hopefully things will work out and we will get a booster jab or immunity will be longer lasting than expected. Even then the cruise lines may not want to risk a bunch of old fogeys spending 5 weeks together on a cruise. We live in hope.