UK Cancellation Coming - MSC Contacting Those Affected

I feel dreadfully conflicted tonight. 

Whilst I'm delighted my cruise will go ahead with me on it (and I don't have to tell my autistic son that we can't go having booked the day they went on sale and doing a countdown every night since) I also feel dreadfully bad for all of those who have now lost thier cruise. 

I hope those who can't travel when they intended to will be able to rearrange thier cruise or will be given a timely refund so that they can make alternative plans. 

Slightly off the immediate topic and a bit of a selfish question but they now seem to be offering a change of date at no extra cost... wonder if they will now allow that for the ones cancelled from the 26th June? Subject to meeting vaccination (which we will as of 14th July). Let's see if they backtrack on that one now! Will be interesting to see. I really don't envy the TAs trying to sort this all out! 

15 hours ago, johnnylincoln said:

I feel dreadfully conflicted tonight. 

Whilst I'm delighted my cruise will go ahead with me on it (and I don't have to tell my autistic son that we can't go having booked the day they went on sale and doing a countdown every night since) I also feel dreadfully bad for all of those who have now lost thier cruise. 

I hope those who can't travel when they intended to will be able to rearrange thier cruise or will be given a timely refund so that they can make alternative plans. 

I know how you feel but I'm glad that you can now tell your son that you are definitely going away. Having an autistic daughter myself, certainty is one thing she likes more than anything else, something that's been in short supply for us all lately.

We sail on the 17th July, what date are you guys doing?

39 minutes ago, johnnylincoln said:

We sail on the 17th July as well! 

17 hours ago, johnnylincoln said:

I feel dreadfully conflictedtonight. 

cool, we will probably bump into ypu at some point, probably by the kids club lol😀👍

Well after all of that, and a lot of arguing they have now agreed to move us to the 24th for no additional cost 😄 perseverance is the name of the game. We were with an exceptional agent as well who fought for us and that really helped, made all the difference. Fingers crossed we get to meet some of you lovely people on board x 

12 hours ago, Poodlecrazy said:

Well after all of that, and a lot of arguing they have now agreed to move us to the 24th for no additional cost 😄 perseverance is the name of the game. We were with an exceptional agent as well who fought for us and that really helped, made all the difference. Fingers crossed we get to meet some of you lovely people on board x 

Currently due to sail out of Liverpool on 6/7. Still unable to check in on line ....'Error Prepaid message & incorrect email address' popping up!!! Email to MSC not answered!!!

Just received an email from MSC asking if I would like to bid for an upgrade😡.Having been lucky enough to  cruise regularly for the past 10 years, all this is unbelievable!!

interestingly, I just recieved this email from TA. 

Following the announcement on 14 June 2021 regarding the continuation of certain capacity restrictions applicable to MSC Virtuosa, MSC Cruises have now advised that they require all adult guests on board to be fully vaccinated on sailings until 17th July.

At this time their vaccine policy remains unchanged on all sailings after 17th July and your sailing is not impacted by this change.

MSC Cruises policy for sailings after 17th July states that they will welcome only UK residents of all ages, both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

All unvaccinated or partially vaccinated guests (i.e did not receive the full set of vaccine shots) will need to take a lateral flow (antigen) or PCR (molecular) swab test within 72 hours prior to the ship’s departure.

Proof of a negative test result will be requested atthe terminal and they will accept evidence such as an email, SMS or a printed document.

6 minutes ago, wirral36 said:

interestingly, I just recieved this email from TA. 

Following the announcement on 14 June 2021 regarding the continuation of certain capacity restrictions applicable to MSC Virtuosa, MSC Cruises have now advised that they require all adult guests on board to be fully vaccinated on sailings until 17th July.

At this time their vaccine policy remains unchanged on all sailings after 17th July and your sailing is not impacted by this change.

MSC Cruises policy for sailings after 17th July states that they will welcome only UK residents of all ages, both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

All unvaccinated or partially vaccinated guests (i.e did not receive the full set of vaccine shots) will need to take a lateral flow (antigen) or PCR (molecular) swab test within 72 hours prior to the ship’s departure.

Proof of a negative test result will be requested atthe terminal and they will accept evidence such as an email, SMS or a printed document.

Assuming the bold lettering sentence was on the email (i.e. bolding is not by you), it is interesting to note the first 3 words.....at this time!! 😉

We booked Virtuosa for 10 July through Imagine Cruising. Can’t get anything sensible from Imagine despite phone calls and emails, spent 50 minutes yesterday waiting for MSC to answer phone and gave up. Email today from MSC regarding bid for upgrade so does this mean we are definitely on this cruise. People on the 3 rd July sailing any of you got confirmation?

4 minutes ago, waveydavey1999 said:

We booked Virtuosa for 10 July through Imagine Cruising. Can’t get anything sensible from Imagine despite phone calls and emails, spent 50 minutes yesterday waiting for MSC to answer phone and gave up. Email today from MSC regarding bid for upgrade so does this mean we are definitely on this cruise. People on the 3 rd July sailing any of you got confirmation?

You are on it if you are double jabbed + 14 days.

They leave it up to you to ensure you are fully vaccinated, they don't send you a letter confirming as they don't know your status, they will just send a letter saying don't come if you are not vaccinated.

I don't think anyone who is double.jabbed can say 100% they are cruising pre  19th July but its got to be a very high chance eapecially if you booked like me on the first day of the sailing. Also MSC sailings were originally marketed as being for anyone regardless of vaccine stauts, compared to most other lines being the complete opposite, so I would be actually surprised if they get the full  50% capacity filled up with double jabbed guests, but you juat never know do you?

17 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

You are on it if you are double jabbed + 14 days.

They leave it up to you to ensure you are fully vaccinated, they don't send you a letter confirming as they don't know your status, they will just send a letter saying don't come if you are not vaccinated.

,yes we are double jabbed but surely we will get confirmation, luggage labels time of embarkation soon…..even P&O or not this lax!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, waveydavey1999 said:

,yes we are double jabbed but surely we will get confirmation, luggage labels time of embarkation soon…..even P&O or not this lax!

You can either make an account or login with name and reference.

Also download the MSC for Me app for use on the ship, you can also checking on the app.

Edited by ziggyuk
38 minutes ago, waveydavey1999 said:

We booked through a different TA and they send the tickets (also sent by MSC) end of May for July 3rd sailing. Also they called yesterday with the news that we needed to be double jabbed and to ask if either we wanted to still go or wanted to join their flexible rebooking scheme! They would then let MSC know a or b. 
I asked are they phoning a lot of people and they said yesterday they are doing one sailing at a time so as yours is next week maybe you’ll get a call soon.

not sure if the upgrade offer knows anything but I guess not if you haven’t informed them you are double faxed with 14 days since.

Hope that helps.

You can make new bookings now for the 3rd, 10th or 17th July so this would seem a good indicator that those who are booked (and fully vaccinated) are safe?

In fact you seem to be able to book every route apart from the 24th July 4 nighter which is the one I am meant to be on 😞 Even early July ones from Greenock which surely seem unlikely to be happening? I want to book train tickets (they are expensive from way up North!) but daren’t while I can’t access my log in and the cruise has disappeared from the website. 

MSC certainly like to keep us customers on our toes don’t they..!

16 minutes ago, Malibustacey79 said:

In fact you seem to be able to book every route apart from the 24th July 4 nighter which is the one I am meant to be on 😞 Even early July ones from Greenock which surely seem unlikely to be happening? I want to book train tickets (they are expensive from way up North!) but daren’t while I can’t access my log in and the cruise has disappeared from the website. 

MSC certainly like to keep us customers on our toes don’t they..!

They have not changed the capacity on 24th yet, they are waiting on the government to make a decision for freedom day on 19th.

Someone posted a letter from their TA earlier stating that its 50% & Fully vax only until 17th.

They will be waiting on the government, if freedom is a go it's mixed and 80%, if freedom is a no it's an extension of 50% & vax IMHO.

17 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

They have not changed the capacity on 24th yet, they are waiting on the government to make a decision for freedom day on 19th.

Someone posted a letter from their TA earlier stating that its 50% & Fully vax only until 17th.

They will be waiting on the government, if freedom is a go it's mixed and 80%, if freedom is a no it's an extension of 50% & vax IMHO.

Unfortunately with the new variant I think things can change a lot from week to week. 

39 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I assumed that it had gone from the website because of Greenock, rather than a capacity issue. But whatever the reason, it’s not there and I can’t access my booking 😞 

Seems even more strange when you can still book July 28th from Greenock, which is when we should disembark. The 4 nighter has just disappeared altogether. 

1 minute ago, Malibustacey79 said:

I assumed that it had gone from the website because of Greenock, rather than a capacity issue. But whatever the reason, it’s not there and I can’t access my booking 😞 

Seems even more strange when you can still book July 28th from Greenock, which is when we should disembark. The 4 nighter has just disappeared altogether. 

Because you are right after the second freedom day you will be in exactly the same situation as we were for 3/7 after 1st freedom day.

We could not access our bookings either, not until they moved to fully vax, that happened on Monday 5 days before sailing. I doubt you will be able to access your bookings until after the announcement on 19/07.

Yours should be quicker to resolve than ours as they have clear paths to follow once they know the Boris outcome.

Re you getting this (this is what we got):

image.thumb.png.cfd754d1be1a800d19348e4cfac39a5d.png

15 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Because you are right after the second freedom day you will be in exactly the same situation as we were for 3/7 after 1st freedom day.

We could not access our bookings either, not until they moved to fully vax, that happened on Monday 5 days before sailing. I doubt you will be able to access your bookings until after the announcement on 19/07.

Yours should be quicker to resolve than ours as they have clear paths to follow once they know the Boris outcome.

Re you getting this (this is what we got):

image.thumb.png.cfd754d1be1a800d19348e4cfac39a5d.png

Yes that’s the message I’m getting. I’d resigned myself to just having to wait (like you all have!) but the fact that it’s completely disappeared from the website altogether is more worrying… But people embarking on July 28th have got to be getting on somewhere so we’ll just have to wait and see!

We booked early April and meet vaccine requirements so I’m remaining optimistic, they must have just decided not to sell it as a four nighter any more for some reason?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Malibustacey79 said:

Yes that’s the message I’m getting. I’d resigned myself to just having to wait (like you all have!) but the fact that it’s completely disappeared from the website altogether is more worrying… But people embarking on July 28th have got to be getting on somewhere so we’ll just have to wait and see!

We booked early April and meet vaccine requirements so I’m remaining optimistic, they must have just decided not to sell it as a four nighter any more for some reason?

Unless they make up a whole set of new rules you are doubly safe with full vax and an early booking. 

Honestly, don't worry and sit tight until 19th, it has been so stressful for us but there is now a clear roadmap in place which can take two forks dependant on the decision of 19th.

Edited by ziggyuk