Flowrider Private Lessons

Just now, CruisinBlondie28 said:

Can you make private lessons for the Flowrider prior to your cruise? Or do you do it when you get onboard?

Not sure those will be available for a while,  currently only advanced customers are allowed.  I don't recall seeing that in the planner.

Just an idea for people cruising out of FLL or MIA Margaritaville Hollywood FL has a flowrider and if you are a guest of the hotel you can line up early and buy a whole day pass for like $75-95. Now they only sell 3 and they are a hot commodity but they do also book it by the 30 min or hour.  The most people they booked this past week was the 3 whole dayers and 3-5 purchase by the hour kids. My kids got so much personal instruction and flowrider time.   In one day they rode more than they ever get to in a whole cruise. It was nonstop for 6 hours.    They touched/ held on to kids but also they use a big rope to help with balance. I had never seen the rope before might be a covid thing or new thing or a Royal would never do thing.  

53 minutes ago, Jenjer said:

I had never seen the rope before might be a covid thing or new thing or a Royal would never do thing.  

The rope assist is not new.

Biker, who enjoyed half price Thursdays at that Flowrider. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, CruisinBlondie28 said:

Can you make private lessons for the Flowrider prior to your cruise? Or do you do it when you get onboard?

Pre-covid I was able to book a full hour which included private instruction if needed.   You could also book into group lessons (which filled up very fast) which is why I ended up just renting the whole darn thing for an hour.  All through cruise planner

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The rope assist is not new.

I have never seen it on a ship have you? It was so helpful to stabilize them.   

Lessons nor private sessions are bookable on my December 11 Allure sailing thru the cruise planner currently.

Does anyone know if the Allure got a new FlowRider skin last year?  We were on the January 5 2020 sailing, and I had heard that the Allure FlowRider was crap by a very biased UK citizen who lives half the year in FLL on my TP Ovation sailing in 2019.  So, when I did the FlowRider on the Allure, I was like yeah it is a balloon now, high in the middle from bottom to top, tapered on the side, and it was the easiest most awesome wave I have ever surfed.  If worn out makes something perfect, I hope they didn’t replace it like planned.🤣

Does anyone know what happened when they took it down a pod to get dry docked?  What changes should I see?  Any?

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

How much did it cost to ride that wave?  Andrew who wonders, as he has 2 nights booked there in March and wonders if it is worth breaking my boards out of the bag. 

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

No, RCI lawyers probably wouldn't allow them. 

Agreed.  From some reason I see a fall and strangle hazard concern. 

On 6/16/2021 at 9:29 PM, CK57 said:

What or who is an “advanced” customer?

I love watching the really advanced card folks. On my last cruise there was this woman Shawty. She got low, low, low, low, low, low, low 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

How much did it cost to ride that wave?

I seem to recall about $35. The 1/2 price (meaning that you ride twice as long) is for FL residents, but they don't check - lived in Oakland Park at the time. They usually try to limit the 1/2 hr slots to about 8 per side (they use both sides at once - wider than the one on the ship). The demographics vary quite a bit as does how much wave time you actually get.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I seem to recall about $35. The 1/2 price (meaning that you ride twice as long) is for FL residents, but they don't check - lived in Oakland Park at the time. They usually try to limit the 1/2 hr slots to about 8 per side (they use both sides at once - wider than the one on the ship). The demographics vary quite a bit as does how much wave time you actually get.

Thanks for the info. I might just bust out the boards if it looks promising.

last week they were doing between 6-8 riders per side.    Line up early to get a time slot. They have a booth near the flowrider if you are a resort guest you can line up inside by the pool, they take those people first.

1 hour ago, Jenjer said:

last week they were doing between 6-8 riders per side.    Line up early to get a time slot. They have a booth near the flowrider if you are a resort guest you can line up inside by the pool, they take those people first.

Thanks for the info. We are staying for 2 nights so hopefully I get a chance to ride 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 11:42 AM, dodgestang said:

Pre-covid I was able to book a full hour which included private instruction if needed.   You could also book into group lessons (which filled up very fast) which is why I ended up just renting the whole darn thing for an hour.  All through cruise planner

Filled up sometimes.  I booked lessons.  Was delayed to another day.  Showed up at rescheduled time, they had no idea about a lesson.  Guess it wasn't full.

4 hours ago, better_at_sea said:

How many people are typically in the "group lessons"  on the ship. I'm debating between private lessons or group lessons. 

Typically it is somewhere between 4-8 people.