Crowded Diamond Lounge

Guest BigRoger
12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Or maybe BR 🤣🤣

Mmmm maybe that needs to be clarified…….. who is that idiot BR anyway…….

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

A half dozen outside bars are available 

Where and when  will the LMP's go? 

Can't believe it took 3 pages for someone to ask. 😉😇

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, zekekelso said:

As someone with an official Crown and Anchor status of “loser” I want to assure everyone worried that you can have an amazing cruise without ever setting foot inside the lounge  

I could not agree more. I think I have spent 30 minutes per cruise in the lounge on average, and that was just to run in and get coffee. If these vouchers will work for specialty coffee at the cafe, I will not need to enter a lounge at all. 

17 hours ago, molly361 said:

Still there but looks like it has to be used on night 1  found on FB D+ letter

May be an image of text that says 'SOCIETY ADVENTURE HAS NEVER BEEN THIS REWARDING Welcome onboard congrats enjoyable. behind-the- Diamond visit Sincerely, desk Deck Loyalty ssist pleasure avey DINE onboard again, (except $13 wine, Rockets throughout your sailing throughout your sailing free ENTERTAINMENT charge, Specialty Coffee with free Surf Package, (must purchased ay purchase one Specialty Restaurant dinner for device $45.98 free ackpot Card any nternet Package SHOPPING SERVICES $34.99 Fold Laundry add-on Logo Medi-Spa) (must spend $25) Photo Receive Press $34.99 Wash Fold Laundry Bag night Stateroom Phone of$2 minute Terms Conditions R:8332 Dear: SWALLOW benefits ”sd. esponsible paying eesi curred their accounts. Offers appa'

I am hoping this will still work on my solo sailings. I typically purchase on the first night, and the second night I would go complimentary. It will put a damper when I travel with my partner, as we usually used mine for both of us on day one, and his for both of us on day two. It's ok, I will survive.

• Like 1

Does anyone know who is the Diamond Concierge currently on Adventure? I'm not on facebook and haven't seen it posted on the live Bird thread. Really hoping it's Rafael Soares, who was on our last RC Adventure sailing in Nov 2019. 

On 6/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, Kokomo91165 said:

Does this seem counterintuitive?

Close the Suite lounge to pinnacles, but don’t capacity control Diamond lounge by cramming Diamond, Diamond plus, and pinnacle into one lounge. 

Oh well. So it goes!

They are controlling capacity in the DL via the vouchers.  The suite guests don’t get vouchers — they have to physically go to the suite lounge during happy hour— and they paid a premium for the perk of not being crammed in with all the Ds, D+, and Pinns.  Plus, don’t they use the Viking Crown space for overflow for the DL?  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

They are controlling capacity in the DL via the vouchers.  The suite guests don’t get vouchers — they have to physically go to the suite lounge during happy hour— and they paid a premium for the perk of not being crammed in with all the Ds, D+, and Pinns.  Plus, don’t they use the Viking Crown space for overflow for the DL?  

No real need for an overflow anymore

• Like 1

Never sailed on RCI, but whenever I've gone in other lines' VIP lounges for b'fast, drinks, or snacks, I've felt like I was in a library or drinking in my hotel room. Very quiet.  People who came in together are sitting together -- and pretty much whispering to one another.  No clear interaction among unrelated pax.  So, regardless of my access to the lounges, I avoid them.

26 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Just to be clear, I assume you meant to say the suite guests who do not have diamond or greater status do not get vouchers.

No, I meant to say what I said.  No one gets vouchers for being in a suite. Getting vouchers for C&A status is a different issue, and is not relevant to the suite lounge.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Well then, you're wrong.  Suite guests, who have status get vouchers.  In a discussion about diamond lounge access it's relivant...at least to me.

Not wrong in the slightest. They don’t get vouchers for being in a suite, they get them for being Diamond or above.  Pretty simple concept, which you apparently don’t understand.  If you are just in a suite, not Diamond or above, you don’t get vouchers, but can access the SL.  If you are Diamond or above, but not in a suite, you get vouchers, but no SL access.  If you are both in a suite and Diamond or above, you get vouchers and SL access.  There, did I spell it out well enough for you?

And the discussion OP started is about Pinns no longer being able to access the SL, so it’s actually a discussion about SL access, not DL access. I guess you missed that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

One question- does this means suite lounge is closed to grand suite and up suite guests?  Not just pinnacles?  I hope that changes before Feb 😞

It's still open to those in suites, regardless of their 'status'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

One question- does this means suite lounge is closed to grand suite and up suite guests?  Not just pinnacles?  I hope that changes before Feb 😞

As someone else mentioned this letter was for Crown and Anchor members. So those who are in a Suite will have access to the Suite Lounge. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PRNole47 said:

Never sailed on RCI, but whenever I've gone in other lines' VIP lounges for b'fast, drinks, or snacks, I've felt like I was in a library or drinking in my hotel room. Very quiet.  People who came in together are sitting together -- and pretty much whispering to one another.  No clear interaction among unrelated pax.  So, regardless of my access to the lounges, I avoid them.

For many of my past cruises the D lounge has been very fun (sometimes wild!), occasionally it can be lame. Depends on the other guests.

However, apart from coffee or breakfast,  I probably won’t go in there much if no free booze 😁, so will miss out on meeting any LMPs 😜

Although by the time Australians are allowed to cruise the new vouchers might have changed again anyway 😢

• Like 4

On 6/16/2021 at 7:00 PM, Kokomo91165 said:

Close the Suite lounge to pinnacles, but don’t capacity control Diamond lounge by cramming Diamond, Diamond plus, and pinnacle into one lounge. 

Oh well. So it goes!

Yes it seems to be a heck of a far -fetched RCI "justification", issued by a "communication-expert-trainee"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Yes it seems to be a heck of a far -fetched RCI "justification", issued by a "communication-expert-trainee"

As @Missusdubbya mentioned, why go in if you need to use a voucher😉 

I'm guessing a lot of passengers will be out of vouchers before HH even starts🤣🤣

And I've read they are doing capacity controls on Adventure. That will be rough on the LMP's

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

However, apart from coffee or breakfast,  I probably won’t go in there much if no free booze 😁, so will miss out on meeting any LMPs 😜

Exactly my thoughts.  I almost always have breakfast there, love to pick up a coffee whenever I fancy (not the swill they serve in the windjammer) and never bother with the hors d'oeuvres so no reason for me to go to the lounge in happy hour.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, Kokomo91165 said:

Oh well. So it goes!

I never understood why the Suite lounge was crowded with Pinnacle level cruisers.  People who cruise in suites pay a ton extra for the privilege and should get a lounge for their own use.  If I'd paid all that money for a Suite and went to the lounge and couldn't find a place to sit because it was filled with people not in Suites I'd wonder if it was much of a benefit.

They have addressed this issue by allowing Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle (loyalty members) to get their drinks in other bars as well so they can spread out all over the ship and are not crammed into one small space.  That seems pretty smart to me.

• Like 4