Oceania being prudent

kibutzer

All the UK staycations are now having partial passenger cancellations as our lessening of restrictions has been put back 4 weeks and so the number of guests allowed on cruise ships has to stay at 1000 or less and the cruise companies gambled on the restrictions being lifted and allowed more bookings. 

A lot of upset people on cc at the moment, and this a week from their cruises. This is how fluid the situation is. 

Glad mine is booked for January........

If their is any chance it won't go before final payment will cancel. Their is no way I'm taking a chance getting credit for another cruise

45 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Yes, cruising at this time has no appeal to me. We will wait.

I hear ya, 2022 for me.  Looking into changing one of my X 2022 cruises to O.  Awesome O travel consultant I am working with.  Stay safe and sane!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kibutzer said:

With all the unknowns, delta variant etc beginning to think O is smart cancelling through summer given all the stops and starts with other lines. 

Totally agree!!  Stay away from X then, those folks are beyond fit to be tied.  Any changes to anything in any country, yikes!

4 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Glad mine is booked for January........

If their is any chance it won't go before final payment will cancel. Their is no way I'm taking a chance getting credit for another cruise

The latest cancelled cruises  people are getting full refunds  not FCC   unless they used an FCC  for the cruise that gets  cancelled  then it will be rolled forward

Part of me wants our October one cancelled due to all the uncertainties. But, the other part (the logical part) says that we got a good deal with some nice perks and we may not match that again on another cruise.

I've noticed that they have taken down the link at the top of the homepage regarding the scheduled restart for each ship.  I don't know what that means -  maybe they're just working on an edit.  I am booked on a Regatta cruise in March and I see that every cruise is waitlisted until April. Don't know what that means either. I'm not getting my hopes up about actually cruising in March. 

I know that Oceania is in a very difficult position but I have to wonder how long this can go on without major changes happening.

Maybe  when more people Worldwide get vaccinated    cruises will start up safely 

With new variants  popping up & more Countries locking down again  where will the ships go

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe  when more people Worldwide get vaccinated    cruises will start up safely 

With new variants  popping up & more Countries locking down again  where will the ships go

If those ships aren’t sailing soon, I can tell you where they’ll go. Scrap metal prices will tank with all the new supply.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LHT28 said:

The latest cancelled cruises  people are getting full refunds  not FCC   unless they used an FCC  for the cruise that gets  cancelled  then it will be rolled forward

True.  Still waiting for my deposit from Sirena's cancelled TA in October.  FCC was never offered.

3 hours ago, marieps said:

True.  Still waiting for my deposit from Sirena's cancelled TA in October.  FCC was never offered.

Thats not right if you want to post info I will try to get expedited

Jancruz1

18 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Yep May 2022 here.

End of April 2022 for us. Only doing it because I have $5000 in FCC I need to use up. However, it was free FCC (did not pay for it) because of some issues we had on X in the PH. They were very generous. Otherwise I would go with a smaller cruise line.

Viking starts sailing again in the Med next month so we do also. Ready to travel again. Have our shots. 

Oceania doesn’t hold a monopoly on premium cruises. Would rather be traveling than watching videos talking about it. Getting excited and ready to go!

First our Amtrak trip to Spokane and Glacier, then come back and get ready for Europe next month.

Sad situation. The Viking people are talking about cruising, while Oceania seems to be talking about continuing cancellations. Know how I vote!

17 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Sad situation. The Viking people are talking about cruising, while Oceania seems to be talking about continuing cancellations. Know how I vote!

Yes, the 1st Viking cruise in Bermuda has a passenger that tested positive. The innocent people on the tour with infected person are all off of the ship in a 14 day quarantine in a hotel. 

I know how I will vote! Staying home for now.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 10:45 AM, TrulyBlonde said:

Yes, cruising at this time has no appeal to me. We will wait.

Would rather have something booked and stay hopeful, and fight the good fight rather than give up.

Plus save $ if the cruise goes forward and the deluge begins.

(Hi good buddy.)

• Like 2

On 6/19/2021 at 10:51 AM, TrulyBlonde said:

Yes, the 1st Viking cruise in Bermuda has a passenger that tested positive. The innocent people on the tour with infected person are all off of the ship in a 14 day quarantine in a hotel. 

I know how I will vote! Staying home for now.

Seems like an unusual/different protocol.  Are you sure that your stated facts are correct?

23 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Seems like an unusual/different protocol.  Are you sure that your stated facts are correct?

It's Bermuda's protocol, not the cruise line's. A total of four passengers were on a tour van . One couple, who were passengers staying in a different cabin from the one person with the  positive test, were subsequently permitted to return to the ship and resume normal activities after a negative test. The other two passengers, the positive test passenger and their cabin mate, are in 14 day quarantine at a Bermuda hotel...at their own expense. Bermuda's protocols are quite strict and the two must quarantine for 14 days and don't permit a retest or an early release from quarantine. If either quarantined person has  a positive test at the end of the 14 days quarantine would be continued.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

It's Bermuda's protocol, not the cruise line's. A total of four passengers were on a tour van . One couple, who were passengers staying in a different cabin from the one person with the  positive test, were subsequently permitted to return to the ship and resume normal activities after a negative test. The other two passengers, the positive test passenger and their cabin mate, are in 14 day quarantine at a Bermuda hotel...at their own expense. Bermuda's protocols are quite strict and the two must quarantine for 14 days and don't permit a retest or an early release from quarantine. If either quarantined person has  a positive test at the end of the 14 days quarantine would be continued.

Thanks.  

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

It's Bermuda's protocol, not the cruise line's. A total of four passengers were on a tour van . One couple, who were passengers staying in a different cabin from the one person with the  positive test, were subsequently permitted to return to the ship and resume normal activities after a negative test. The other two passengers, the positive test passenger and their cabin mate, are in 14 day quarantine at a Bermuda hotel...at their own expense.

I did not read the whole thread on the Viking forum 

Did those that tested positive   were they fully vaccinated?