transportation via carnival help

so I read the information regarding the "excursion" of transportation from MCO to pier. I take it you can't use it to fly in the day before. I am sure this is an obvious answer, but wasn't sure. 

17 minutes ago, stellarose said:

so I read the information regarding the "excursion" of transportation from MCO to pier. I take it you can't use it to fly in the day before. I am sure this is an obvious answer, but wasn't sure. 

I know that at least for sailing out of Galveston, a lot of people fly into Houston Hobby the day before, stay someplace near the airport that offers a free airport shuttle, then take that back to the airport the next morning and hop on the Carnival shuttle to the Galveston cruise terminal. Can't see why that wouldn't work for Orlando as well!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, stellarose said:

The Carnival bus only runs the day of the cruise.

• Like 1

We always use a nearby MCO airport hotel that has a free shuttle to and from the airport. The day of the cruise we just return to the airport and hop on the Carnival transportation. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As long as you get back to the airport in time for the shuttle, you should be fine.  We have always booked private shuttles and found them to work well for us.  The last time I cruised out of Port Canaveral, I stayed at a hotel near the airport and took an Uber the next day to the port.  That was the fastest I have ever gotten to Port Canaveral!  The Uber picked us up at our hotel 5 minutes after I placed the order.  

For the return trip to the airport, we booked Cortrans because we had an early flight.  I knew that the ship's shuttle would take longer to fill up and didn't want to trust Uber.  Cortans had excellent service.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

I know that at least for sailing out of Galveston, a lot of people fly into Houston Hobby the day before, stay someplace near the airport that offers a free airport shuttle, then take that back to the airport the next morning and hop on the Carnival shuttle to the Galveston cruise terminal. Can't see why that wouldn't work for Orlando as well!

Exactly what we have done in Houston IAH.  Should work the same with Orlando.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stellarose said:

The answer is yes, but you just have to go back to the airport.  We did it once out of MCO and PC.  We took the hotel shuttle back to the airport and had them drop us off at the arrivals area instead of departures area.  With that being said, I would try something else. The Carnival shuttle is expensive and you have to wait until a bus is at capacity to leave.

We now rent a car with Hertz and stay at a hotel in the PC area.  We drop the car off the next morning and take a shuttle or Uber to the port.  Another option is using another shuttle service to the port.  Not sure if they are still in business, but we always used Cortrans for the return trip from the port to MCO.  They offer great service for $20 each way (pre-covid price).  They also offer transportation to various hotels in the Orlando area as well.  Certainly won't hurt to check other options.