Adjustments to VIFP levels

kdr69

7 hours ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

I wonder how many people will forget to go get them or upon finding out what the logo gift is just doesn't go pick them up. Or how many will forget to order their chocolate delight. And do you need to tip for that delivery? In the past it was just in your room on whatever night they deliver it. I understand some changes and these changes are not bad at face value. I am good with this, even going forward.

It actually is a welcome change for us, since we're both Platinum. We'd get double of the Chocolates. Now we can space them out. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

It actually is a welcome change for us, since we're both Platinum. We'd get double of the Chocolates. Now we can space them out. 

I agree. When we got them it was usually at a time that we couldn't eat another bite. 

• Like 1

This is actually good. all tangible amenities are electronic and given as a credit on your S&S card. No longer do you have to hold on to a paper ticket. It also drives everyone to pixels with more sales opportunities. It's a win for the customer and the company. 

• Like 2

I actually like these changes.  I hated getting the chocolate delight because they always put cake crumbles on them, which I can't eat (yay celiac disease...), and I always felt bad at the waste.  I'd try to give them to someone passing in the hallway, but you could definitely see the "who is this stranger trying to give me candy" look in people's eyes lol.  And you can pick up the gifts/pins you'll actually use! 

With these changes, you get to keep the perks and they reduce waste, which is better for everyone all around 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

These all sound just fine to me... good ideas.

I especially like the idea of the e-muster... I like requiring to go find your muster station and orientate yourself on how to get there...but doing it without a few hundred other people. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

OMG.  A thread that is basically about free laundry and chocolate strawberries.  Could there be any better evidence that things are getting back to normal??  Love it!!

I've still got a long way to go to even get to Platinum, but I'm also enjoying reading this thread full of near-normalcy that doesn't affect me in the least.  😆

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

Aren't they delivered to your cabin on embarkation day?

I figured since the diamond/platinum stuff will not be delivered do to safety reasons it will be the same for fun shop purchase 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

I figured since the diamond/platinum stuff will not be delivered do to safety reasons it will be the same for fun shop purchase 

You don't pay a delivery fee on freebies, do you? Many people don't bother to tip, either.

1 minute ago, CJHAN said:

Well it seems like the just made FTTF pointless. Am I the only one who read it that way?

For now at least. We got our official notice yesterday, that they cancelled our bought & paid for FTTF, and the cost is going to be refunded back to our cc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

You don't pay a delivery fee on freebies, do you? Many people don't bother to tip, either.

I see. Since I pay for delivery it’s much safer.

got yea. Glad I learned something today

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

For now at least. We got our official notice yesterday, that they cancelled our bought & paid for FTTF, and the cost is going to be refunded back to our cc.

Maybe it won't be so bad having it cancelled.  You can try to do your online check in right after midnight to snag and early appointment time.  If the ship is only sailing at 60% capacity, there shouldn't be long lines anywhere.

53 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Maybe it won't be so bad having it cancelled.  You can try to do your online check in right after midnight to snag and early appointment time.  If the ship is only sailing at 60% capacity, there shouldn't be long lines anywhere.

Exactly. If the ship is sailing at 60-70% capacity, the lines will move much quicker. That is something I can live  with. 👍

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Did it say each platinum guest will get the chocolates? They've never done that before.  I'm guessing they will still just do it one per room.

22 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

OMG.  A thread that is basically about free laundry and chocolate strawberries.  Could there be any better evidence that things are getting back to normal??  Love it!!

Actually I had forgotten about the free drinks and I was wondering "What are they talking about? Paper coupons?" LOL So much to remember !!! More perks !!!