Balcony vs Spacious balcony

On 6/18/2021 at 8:24 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

The OP is asking about room size. The "Spacious Oceanview Balcony" refers to the cabin size, not the balcony size. While the cabin is a little bit bigger, the balcony is actually slightly smaller.

This would be the deciding point for us. Since it's only the cabin and not the balcony we wouldn't do it since we do spend a lot of time on the balcony.

9 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

This would be the deciding point for us. Since it's only the cabin and not the balcony we wouldn't do it since we do spend a lot of time on the balcony.

We stayed in a "Spacious Oceanview Balcony" cabin on Freedom last March. We did not notice a size difference on the balcony but we did notice the larger cabin size. Those few extra square feet in the cabin made it feel much bigger.

46 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We stayed in a "Spacious Oceanview Balcony" cabin on Freedom last March. We did not notice a size difference on the balcony but we did notice the larger cabin size. Those few extra square feet in the cabin made it feel much bigger.

I am sure that it did but the size of the cabin isn't that important to us (in other words we are fine with the amount of room in a standard cabin), having a little extra elbow room on the balcony is a different matter. 🙂

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

I know,  everyone on this site spends lots of time on the balcony.

So they say....

I'm not sure why you would doubt what people say (unless you've done tons of independent research across multiple lines to justify your conclusion) but rather than saying we spend lots of time on our balcony I will put it this way...we spend enough time on the balcony on each sailing to justify the extra expense to ourselves.  

• Like 6

7 hours ago, sailor05 said:

So 2 cruises in a D4 versus 1 in a JS. No brainer....

No that was 2 people in the JS for roughly 3 times what we are paying for the D4...yeah no brainer.

On 6/17/2021 at 5:20 PM, notmyrealnameoremail said:

a couple of years ago I bought a membership in one of the cruise plan websites.  I think it was a one time $25. I use it all the time for question like this or to find a cabin that is on the transition to a hump and has a bigger balcony.

What site are you referring to?

17 hours ago, oddmartinsn said:

Anyone know the size of these balconys? Odyssey of the seas

image.png.9995769859713e1587f0b46937935f34.png

Those are the balconies that I try to get if available...more room, large enough for 2 loungers

• Thanks 1

Personally I think it’s all about location.  When I book I look at the cabins that are available in both categories.  Usually I go for the spacious.  I do like the little extra room I get.  But it does not make or break the cruise and I wouldn’t pay later to upgrade unless location was better and I knew where it would be.  I would never do it as a paid upgrade, cabin unknown.