Apex live reports

Treacher1

3 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

So someone from Cruise Critic is onboard Apex now and doing videos on YouTube but oddly not posting anything here.

Perhaps she is saving it to upload on CC official news page. 

23 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

I am about to baord Apex- and so ready for it

@Germancruiser I hope you were able to board smoothly and are enjoying the start to your cruise. Can't wait to see photos and read some of your comments and experiences, if you have a chance.  Your reviews last year were phenomenal!

Thank you so much shadow. I made it on board yesterday, The testing went well and was quick procedure. It turned out negativ- I would have been surprised would it have been otherwise- but still - it adds a certain. hm- how to put it- excitment to the boarding. LOL.

Then came to long awaited moment, when we stepped on board. After that- all i can say is - WOUW. The greetings we got from waiting crew members… they clapped their hands, they called out how happy they are to have us back. That wonderful welcome - so many had tears in their eyes us included. An unforgettable experience. Puh!

We all cried out how HAPPY we are to be back.

I read so many negatives things about Edge- and I have to admit - I myself was not overly impressed from the pictures. 

Lesson learned- first see for yourself. Apex is a wonderful ship. So many great places- nooks and crannies. ( Thanks Miaminice- the hint about EDen was great) 

I will post a few pictures later. I am still impressed. Then the sunset Verandah cabin- in all my 25 years or so of cruising this is by far the best, most comfortable cabin with the best bathroom , ever. 

The Crew and the Service- oh my- X shined always with their great service- but what we experience now- unbelievable. There is a wonderful vibe on board.

Of course it is the Maiden Voyage- every port of call is a Maiden Call.

The dinner we had in Tuscan ( what a great room) was very good- and again the service- outstanding. 

I admit I am still a bit flashed from Apex, so my report might sound a bit over enthusiastic, but I just cant help it. More to follow- I keep posting here, since there are other topics already. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

@Germancruiser

Felt the same when we boarded Edge for the first time and thought “I am in love 😍

Just want to emphasise: my recommendation is the small Eden Cafe and its outside space… found Eden itself so so.

Normandie was our favourite dining room. Loved the puff pastry starter and the Chateaubriand on their signature menu.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Germancruiser said:

Thank you so much shadow. I made it on board yesterday, The testing went well and was quick procedure. It turned out negativ- I would have been surprised would it have been otherwise- but still - it adds a certain. hm- how to put it- excitment to the boarding. LOL.

Then came to long awaited moment, when we stepped on board. After that- all i can say is - WOUW. The greetings we got from waiting crew members… they clapped their hands, they called out how happy they are to have us back. That wonderful welcome - so many had tears in their eyes us included. An unforgettable experience. Puh!

I read so many negatives things about Edge- and I have to admit - I myself was not overly impressed from the pictures. 

Lesson learned- first see for yourself. Apex is a wonderful ship. So many great places- nooks and crannies. ( Thanks Miaminice- the hint about EDen was great) 

I will post a few pictures later. I am still impressed. Then the sunset Verandah cabin- in all my 25 years or so of cruising this is by far the best, most comfortable cabin with the best bathroom , ever. 

The Crew and the Service- oh my- X shined always with their great service- but what we experience now- unbelievable. There is a wonderful vibe on board.

The dinner we had in Tuscan ( what a great room) was very good- and again the service- outstanding. 

I admit I am still a bit flashed from Apex, so my report might sound a bit over enthusiastic, but I just cant help it. More to follow- I keep posting here, since there are other topics already. 

Wow! Truly touching.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 1:16 AM, Germancruiser said:

I am sure there will be others who board today, who will write from their experiences. Each has its own point of view so i look forward how others will see the experience on board Apex.

If anyone stays in the Electra Palace do not miss the Roof Top Restaurant, wonderful views excellent service,  fine food and reasonable prices. 

The first and the last picture were taken at said Restaurant. 

Staying at the Electra Palace next year.  Thanks for the review of it.

Thanks for your kind words. Enjoyed a great day in Santorin. Quite a bit surreal- really- no rush, not many people. We where the only ship in port- and we are only 672 passengers on board. 

Santorin, Mykonos, Rhodes, Seaday, Cyprus, Seaday- Piräus. 

that would be the itinerary for the week. 

More to follow later, off to dinner now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

Thanks for your kind words. Enjoyed a great day in Santorin. Quite a bit surreal- really- no rush, not many people. We where the only ship in port- and we are only 672 passengers on board. 

Santorin, Mykonos, Rhodes, Seaday, Cyprus, Seaday- Piräus. 

that would be the itinerary for the week. 

More to follow later, off to dinner now. 

Can't wait for your next post.  This is so exciting that I am able to cruise for now through your eyes. hope to see lots of pictures. Enjoy ....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nikel said:

Can't wait for your next post.  This is so exciting that I am able to cruise for now through your eyes. hope to see lots of pictures. Enjoy ....

Agree!  I’ve read almost all of his cruise blogs, very interesting, informative and helpful.  Much appreciated!!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Then came to long awaited moment, when we stepped on board. After that- all i can say is - WOUW.

@Germancruiser, So glad to hear your trip started off with a WOW!  The photos in your subsequent post were all so beautiful!  As always, thank you for sharing - can't wait to hear and see more from your trip.

On 6/20/2021 at 7:14 AM, Germancruiser said:

Danke für die vielen Infos und Bilder. Gut über die SV-Kabinen zu hören, hab ich nächstes Jahr erstmals auf der BEYOND gebucht (auf der EDGE war ich in den neuen Balkonkabinen ziemlich unglücklich). Auf der APEX bin ich im September für eine b2b. Deshalb eine Frage zur Maskenpflicht: ist ein bestimmter Typ vorgeschrieben? Weiterhin eine gute Zeit.

3 hours ago, Sailaway1706 said:

Danke für die vielen Infos und Bilder. .....

Sailaway1706, please kindly note that this is a forum in English language. From your former posts one can see, that they were in English language. Thank you

Here is in English.

Thanks for all the information and pictures. Good to hear about the SV cabins, I booked for the first time at BEYOND next year (at EDGE, I was pretty unhappy in the new balcony cabins). I'm at APEX in September for a b2b. Therefore a question about the mask requirement: is a certain type required? Still a good time