Jump to content

Best way to get from FCO to Alberto del Senato Hotel Rome


nicksmom67
 Share

Recommended Posts

What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel?  The hotel does offer transportation.  Our first time in Rome pre cruise and I would like to do things as easily as possible.  My husband has difficulty walking so a train is not an option.  Thanks for you help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can arrange a private car pickup from the ship to the door of the del Senato. Whether you choose to do that through the hotel or go with another one of the well-recommended services on this forum is up to you. In my experience, the hotel may charge slightly more than if you make the arrangements on your own but either way its not a dealbreaker. 

 

I can't personally recommend a private service as I have always either done the train or a shared shuttle. But two that seem to get universally positive reviews here are Rome Cabs and RomeInLimo.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What does "best" mean for you in this context?  Fastest?  Easiest?  Least expensive?  Most eco-friendly?  

 

"Best" is a value judgement, so it would help us to offer you suggestions if we knew what is important to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

You can arrange a private car pickup from the ship to the door of the del Senato. Whether you choose to do that through the hotel or go with another one of the well-recommended services on this forum is up to you. In my experience, the hotel may charge slightly more than if you make the arrangements on your own but either way its not a dealbreaker. 

 

I can't personally recommend a private service as I have always either done the train or a shared shuttle. But two that seem to get universally positive reviews here are Rome Cabs and RomeInLimo.

 

 

I agree...but the OP asked about airport to hotel. I imagine hotel to port would be the next question.

 

Taxi should be flat rate of about 50 euros airport to hotel. Using one of the recommended vendors for hotel to port would be around 100 euros, pre-Covid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I agree...but the OP asked about airport to hotel. I imagine hotel to port would be the next question.

 

Taxi should be flat rate of about 50 euros airport to hotel. Using one of the recommended vendors for hotel to port would be around 100 euros, pre-Covid.

 

Oops, my mistake -- up too late and apparently not fully awake.

 

CruiserBruce is right -- from airport to the Del Senato there is a fixed taxi rate of 48 euro (be sure to get an official taxi from the rank, just outside baggage claim area). Tipping isn't exorbitant in Italy; providing 50 euro at the end of the drive is fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for your responses.  For best, I was thinking most reliable.  thanks to your suggestion cruisemom42, I will look for an official taxi.  We can make arrangements with one of the recommended vendors to go from hotel to port.  This is our first time in Rome .  Advice from seasoned travelers is very much appreciated.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We plan to stay at the same hotel pre and post cruise. Our plan is book all transfers to and from airport and port with one service. Have a nice list going thanks to recommendations posted in these forums. Good luck! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Rome Cabs' current quote for transfer from FCO to your hotel in Rome is €50. 

 

We've used Rome Cabs many times and I would recommend them well before trying my luck with a regular taxi.

Edited by -Lew-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Rome Cabs' current quote for transfer from FCO to your hotel in Rome is €50. 

 

We've used Rome Cabs many times and I would recommend them well before trying my luck with a regular taxi.

 

There's no reason to look askance at a taxi.

 

Until 2020 I've been in Rome at least a couple times a year and always just pick up a taxi unless for some reason I'm staying near Termini (in which case I take the Leonardo express from airport).  Never had the least hassle when requesting the set rate, taxis have always been at the stand, and it's actually closer than walking to the holding area for privately booked transport.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

There's no reason to look askance at a taxi.

 

There is after experiencing a taxi driver who felt the fixed fare between FCO and central Rome didn't apply to him.  After nine hours on a plane we don't mind a bit of a walk at all...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

 

There is after experiencing a taxi driver who felt the fixed fare between FCO and central Rome didn't apply to him.  After nine hours on a plane we don't mind a bit of a walk at all...

 

I guess once bitten twice shy, but it's not too common to get a "bad apple". 

 

There is also recourse when that happens -- take down the taxi's registration number and make a complaint. The link below shows all the fixed rate transfers from the airports into Rome and from airports to Civitavecchia, for reference.  At the end of the form is information on how to file a complaint. The key is having the cab number. You can ask your hotel for help.

 

tariffario multilingue 060612 (comune.roma.it)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, -Lew- said:

 

There is after experiencing a taxi driver who felt the fixed fare between FCO and central Rome didn't apply to him.  After nine hours on a plane we don't mind a bit of a walk at all...

It's possible that the taxi was based in Fiumicino and the fixed fares don't apply to them.  You simply take the next one in line that is a Rome taxi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

It's possible that the taxi was based in Fiumicino and the fixed fares don't apply to them.  You simply take the next one in line that is a Rome taxi.

 

I'm aware of that, but it didn't apply in our case.  It was another taxi driver who happened to be dropping off a fare at our destination who set our driver straight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...