July 3 Bahamas Cruise Blog - Boldly Going Where None Have Gone .... Recently

These are the voyages of the Cruise Ship Serenity's first post-Covid voyage, through one person's eyes. 

I’m going to try (and heaven knows I might get too relaxed and just stop mid-way) to blog the trip as we go. Obviously we’re not there yet. But since I applied for my Bahamian Health Visa today, and many people have been asking about it, I thought I’d get started.  But first some things to remember. 

This is a report of what I experience once it's happened. It's looking backwards. 

Things are changing. What I post may not be what's going to happen on the next cruises.  

Check in with your Roll Call for updated information for your specific cruise. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SuitCaseBears said:

These are the voyages of the Cruise Ship Serenity's first post-Covid voyage, through one person's eyes. 

I’m going to try (and heaven knows I might get too relaxed and just stop mid-way) to blog the trip as we go. Obviously we’re not there yet. But since I applied for my Bahamian Health Visa today, and many people have been asking about it, I thought I’d get started.  But first some things to remember. 

This is a report of what I experience once it's happened. It's looking backwards. 

Things are changing. What I post may not be what's going to happen on the next cruises.  

I LOVE IT!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SuitCaseBears said:

So excited for this, SCB. We are booked for 7/10 so I will be hanging on your every word for this valuable information. Thanks a million, in advance!!! 😁

• Like 1

APPLYING FOR THE BAHAMIAN HEALTH VISA

I applied today, and including registering for the site itself, the time to scan documents I hadn't scanned, and time to find things like my flight number, it took 14 minutes. I imagine if you have everything ready it would be under 10 minutes. If  you're already registered, and you have everything you need ready - maybe 3-5 minutes. 

You can't apply until 14 days before your trip, but you can register for the website before then. You'll need pdf or jpg copies of your passport's information page, and either a negative covid test or  your vaccine info. Here's what they say:

image.png.447c171d3888a8b5183a27fe283f151e.png

You also need all of your travel information like your airline flight number and arrival time. As far as vaccines they accept Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson. 

Someone else on my cruise applied either earlier or yesterday and got the visa part right away. But I didn't. I imagine today is the day most Crystal and RCCL passengers are applying. They ask that you give them 24 hours before panicking. They didn't actually say that, but they do say it might take that long. I'm going to schedule my panic for Monday - giving them 24 business hours. 

Thus endeth my first entry. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ok, wow, today is exciting. Not only have I now gotten my travel visa (see below) but we just spent a very tense 19 minutes in line and then clicking on seats and having them gone, getting tickets to Eric Clapton's first post-covid concert which is just 50 minutes from us. YAY. 

My visa arrived just about exactly an hour from when I got confirmation of the application. It was really easy.  So gather your information and that will speed things along. 

Obviously I hope, the redactions are my work, and under the texas map is a QR code. You can't have my QR code. Sorry, I don't share that much

image.png.5d4e515ccbc07ece24414729046cc66e.png

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

You are off to a great start.  What a wonderful day.  Health Visa and tickets to Eric Clapton.  It doesn't get much better than that other than a cruise.

Keith

And there's a Crystal connection with Eric Clapton. On a Crystal excursion on Antigua, we were up on a high bluff and the guide asked us if we knew who owned the estate at the end of a small peninsula and I said, "Someone who made a buck or two in their life". The answer is Eric Clapton!

Patty

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

And there's a Crystal connection with Eric Clapton. On a Crystal excursion on Antigua, we were up on a high bluff and the guide asked us if we knew who owned the estate at the end of a small peninsula and I said, "Someone who made a buck or two in their life". The answer is Eric Clapton!

Patty

Patty, I new there was the connection to The Beatles and to his best friend George Harrison and now to learn of a Crystal Connection.  It's a Small World.  Or better said, What A Wonderful World.

Keith

I dread filling out the application, as I always have trouble attaching things.  Maybe if I register first, things will go easier.  We are also on the July 10 sailing.  I usually do a travel journal that I post on another cruise forum.  I suppose I could try posting it here also.  I usually don't put photos in because I send them to Shutterfly, before that Photobucket, and most ships have blocked those sites.  I have been able to upload pics to Shutterfly when onshore from my iphone.  It's only in the last few years that I went solely to phone for pics, instead of a camera.  EM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuitCaseBears said:

APPLYING FOR THE BAHAMIAN HEALTH VISA

I applied today, and including registering for the site itself, the time to scan documents I hadn't scanned, and time to find things like my flight number, it took 14 minutes. I imagine if you have everything ready it would be under 10 minutes. If  you're already registered, and you have everything you need ready - maybe 3-5 minutes. 

You can't apply until 14 days before your trip, but you can register for the website before then. You'll need pdf or jpg copies of your passport's information page, and either a negative covid test or  your vaccine info. Here's what they say:

image.png.447c171d3888a8b5183a27fe283f151e.png

You also need all of your travel information like your airline flight number and arrival time. As far as vaccines they accept Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson. 

Someone else on my cruise applied either earlier or yesterday and got the visa part right away. But I didn't. I imagine today is the day most Crystal and RCCL passengers are applying. They ask that you give them 24 hours before panicking. They didn't actually say that, but they do say it might take that long. I'm going to schedule my panic for Monday - giving them 24 business hours. 

Thus endeth my first entry. 

Thanks for doing this. Very helpful. Curious how did you folks get to go on this cruise?

@SuitCaseBears .....when you comp-leted that health visa - was there anything in there about paying $30-$40 for a COVID test?  I was under the assumption that Crystal was not charging passengers for the test they will do just prior to embarkation OR for the test they would do onboard for passengers that needed this to fly back to the US.  ::confused::

23 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

@SuitCaseBears .....when you comp-leted that health visa - was there anything in there about paying $30-$40 for a COVID test?  I was under the assumption that Crystal was not charging passengers for the test they will do just prior to embarkation OR for the test they would do onboard for passengers that needed this to fly back to the US.  ::confused::

You have to pay for Covid Health Insurance with the visa which I believe was $40. The antigen test in the terminal is complimentary from Crystal. I believe we have to pay for the covid test that allows us to return to the U.S. but there has been no indication as to what the cost is but you might be able to be reimbursed by your personal health insurance.

Just now, Island Dog said:

You have to pay for Covid Health Insurance with the visa which I believe was $40. The antigen test in the terminal is complimentary from Crystal. I believe we have to pay for the covid test that allows us to return to the U.S. but there has been no indication as to what the cost is but you might be able to be reimbursed by your personal health insurance.

That's what I thought....but at yesterday's Crystal webinar for TA's Ms Roig mentioned something about "encourage your clients to pay for that test during their visa application process' but she didn;t really explain what that meant.  The insurance is mandatory but her comment about 'paying for the test' is what's confusing.  Think I'll wait for today's email that everyone is supposed to get with all Bahamas details...then I'll contact Sales Support & report back here if it's not addressed in that email.  She may have been confused....

22 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

That's what I thought....but at yesterday's Crystal webinar for TA's Ms Roig mentioned something about "encourage your clients to pay for that test during their visa application process' but she didn;t really explain what that meant.  The insurance is mandatory but her comment about 'paying for the test' is what's confusing.  Think I'll wait for today's email that everyone is supposed to get with all Bahamas details...then I'll contact Sales Support & report back here if it's not addressed in that email.  She may have been confused....

To the best of my knowledge it was never offered as an option.

1 hour ago, Kwaj girl said:

If you are vaccinated  vaccinated when you apply for the visa there is no mention of a test. And  if you were not vaccinated you couldn’t sail but for those who are not sailing. Crystal you would provide the results of the Covid test you would have taken at home. 

when you board you take a Covid test that day and there  is no charge and on the sixth day on the ship you take a Covid test as this is required to return to the USA and you will be charged for that.

Keith. 

I rarely pay attention to such on board reporting but this time is definitely different.  So glad you are doing this.  We are on the July 10 and 17 sailings and hopefully we will have a clearer idea of what to expect.  Don't let your blogging interfere with your enjoyment of the cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I dread filling out the application, as I always have trouble attaching things.  Maybe if I register first, things will go easier. 

Registering first will really help you feel comfortable with the process and I've uploaded TONS of things to various places and this seemed just faster and smoother. Usually there's alittle delay while things upload, this just went ZIP and it was done.

If you scan your things first, I'd do them as .pdfs but they take .jpgs also and I think .pngs, it makes it a lot easier. But I hadn't done that and it didn't time me out or anything.  It's really easy. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bitob said:

Don't let your blogging interfere with your enjoyment of the cruise.

Thanks, I wont. 😎 which is why I said I would TRY to keep this report going. But I do get very lazy on board.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

when you comp-leted that health visa - was there anything in there about paying $30-$40 for a COVID test?  I was under the assumption that Crystal was not charging passengers for the test they will do just prior to embarkation OR for the test they would do onboard for passengers that needed this to fly back to the US.  ::confused::

There's a question about whether you want a voucher for a test.  Just don't click that.   

That's for people who are NOT sailing on Crystal Serenity. I'm not sure if RCCL is doing testing on board. I would think so but there are tons and tons of visitors going to the Bahamas who are not on a cruise. So the can buy a voucher for a test before flying to the US or any other place that requires testing. 

1 minute ago, SuitCaseBears said:

There's a question about whether you want a voucher for a test.  Just don't click that.   

That's for people who are NOT sailing on Crystal Serenity. I'm not sure if RCCL is doing testing on board. I would think so but there are tons and tons of visitors going to the Bahamas who are not on a cruise. So the can buy a voucher for a test before flying to the US or any other place that requires testing. 

I wonder if that's what she meant....PAY for that voucher & it covers the cost of your test onboard before disembarking? Maybe they have some deal with a local lab? 

5 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

when you comp-leted that health visa - was there anything in there about paying $30-$40 for a COVID test?  I was under the assumption that Crystal was not charging passengers for the test they will do just prior to embarkation OR for the test they would do onboard for passengers that needed this to fly back to the US.  ::confused::

3 minutes ago, SuitCaseBears said:

Thanks....but no word yet as to what Crystal will charge onboard for that test we need before returning to the US?

Just now, Kwaj girl said:

Thanks....but no word yet as to what Crystal will charge onboard for that test we need before returning to the US?

I thought it was free, but since it's required and since I don't want to run around on the day we disembark and have to get to the airport, I'm assuming it will be a line item on my bill which I won't look at because it harshes my mellow to do so.