Protocols for Unvaccinated Guests on Freedom of the Seas cruises starting July 2

On 6/18/2021 at 3:28 PM, koolZip said:

Silly question. One can be unhappy over any outbreak, but with unvaccinated people, the risk is higher.

IMHO......not only is the risk higher with many un-vaxxed on board, I would bet money there will be an outbreak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cured said:

And that is why companies employ secret shoppers to not only check on businesses' customer and product quality, but also to catch fraud.

I did it for several years when the children were young. It was the perfect set up to walk into a store with a stroller. Nobody suspects a mom with a toddler is actually taking notes.

I did everything from check the time it took from an order to pick up at a drive up window to purchasing a new car and seeing if the sales people followed the rules.  I was always getting emails from the companies I was contracted with asking if anyone was taking a trip on such and such airline, hotel, or cruise ship.

I think this type of fraud might be  a bit harder to catch? Especially if most of it goes on behind closed doors of a cabin for the most part? I tell you this will happen if poorly paid crew members and some are poorly paid think they can get away with it. Perhaps another reason to just insist on mask wearing onboard for all.

On 6/18/2021 at 3:22 PM, Jimbo said:

How are they not asking for proof if there is a place on their site to download it to? This all BS !!

Of course the cruise line is asking for proof. They are not REQUIRING proof. There is a huge difference between the two. This is NOT semantics, This is going along with what Florida law is mandating. Businesses can not REQUIRE proof of vaccination.

Anyone who is not vaccinated can get on board this cruise ship. There you go. That is within the letter of the law. Right?

• Like 3

Everyone who arrives at the pier will be considered unvaccinated.  Offer proof of vaccination and you will be given a bracelet.  If you don't, you will receive a hole punched S&S card.  This will not be difficult to administer.

Edited by ladylyn915
quote got lost

5 hours ago, donaldsc said:

They should also require that unvaccinated people be tested several times per cruise at $139 per person per test.  That will make the cost for the unvaccinated really add up.

DON

They should also be required to answer questions on the Bahamian Constitution and wear their underwear over their clothing.

Edited by PRNole47
  • Haha 2

On 6/18/2021 at 3:32 PM, Catnip said:

Not silly at all.  Apparently there will only be unhappiness if an outbreak is caused by an unvaxx person, but won't be any uproar if more vaxx people keep showing up positive.  Got it!

Vaxxed people will have much less risk of severe disease which will require hospitalization and maybe death. THAT is the reason why infection among vaxxed people is not nearly of concern for the rest of the passengers on board. Un-vaxxed people, however, may require more intense care, therefore may pose more concern.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2021 at 3:34 PM, Catnip said:

So in your opinion,  anyone that gets covid that is unvaxx will end up either hospitialized or dead?

I'll answer that question. Raises hand......

Of course not. BUT.....the risk of requiring hospitalization for un-vaxxed people is higher than those who are vaxxed. Vaxxed people are pretty much protected from moderate to severe disease so hospitalization requirement is minimal.

On 6/18/2021 at 3:35 PM, Catnip said:

Also the 8 (at last count) of crew on RCCL that was vaxx but showed up as +

Those 8 were NOT FULLY vaccinated. The full two weeks had not lapsed when they tested positive. This is the reason the cruise lines require 14 days from the last injection to pass before any passenger can board the ship.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 4:02 PM, pasodancer said:

Question - our large family traveling party has 1 child (age 4).  All adults are fully vaccinated but the little guy isn't.  Would that mean we would be restricted to only eating in the "unvaccinated dining area" with him, and all of our activities would be limited also?  

Yes, that is my understanding. There should be no exceptions to the rules. One exception would encourage a host of problems. All my opinion, of course.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 4:06 PM, dulcemariamar said:

What will happens for unvaccinated kids? Will they have to wear masks all the time and not be allowed in some events and venues? 

Those restrictions apply to all people who are not vaccinated. I do not believe children are exempt. If a child can not or will not wear a mask, they should not be brought onto a cruise ship which requires un-vaxxed to mask.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2021 at 4:52 PM, Jimbo said:

So all familes can't eat with their unvaccinated kids?  People are going to just love that.........

Of course families can eat with their un-vaxxed kids.......in the un-vaccinated dining venues. No problem.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 4:57 PM, Babr said:

I think the idea is that you are volunteering the information in order to be in the group who must adhere to fewer protocols.

If you don’t want to or can’t, you don’t have to. You are not being denied service. You just have to submit to different protocols.

At least that is the way I understand it.

GENIUS! Isn't it?

On 6/18/2021 at 4:12 PM, arkaine23 said:

Celebrity is sailing out of Caribbean ports?  They're vaccinated ships but not under the CSO, under Bahamian laws or whichever island nation they're sailing from.

RCI is planning to do it differently between its departure ports in Florida (unvaccinated) or anywhere else (vaccinated).

Thanks to the Florida law.

On 6/18/2021 at 6:17 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Unfortunately the state of Florida is threatening $5,000 fines for each each violation of their local law that prohibits mandating proof of vaccinations.  The cruise ship lines don't want to be potentially on the hook for each passenger on their ship if they required that all passengers show proof of vaccination.  That is why the cruise lines are asking passengers to voluntarily show proof of vaccination and then require multiple Covid tests, mask wearing while on board and other uncomfortable restrictions to those who chose not to voluntarily show proof of vaccination.  In this way the Cruise lines get around the Florida law, and provide the safest cruise voyage possible.

GENIUS! Isn't it?

45 minutes ago, ljason913 said:

I got the vaccine but I do not want to wear a mask or get tested this is not fair!

But it's fair for you to potentially expose others to a virus which caused a worldwide pandemic?

Sorry to break it to you, but the world does not revolve around ljason913 and his/her/their wants. We live in a civilized society, where we must all watch out for one another and not stamp our feet when we don't get what we want.

If you don't want to wear a mask or get tested, then you certainly have the choice to vacation elsewhere. Just as others have the choice to cruise masked and tested and vaccinated. Ain't freedom grand?

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2021 at 6:54 PM, harkinmr said:

Understood. And nothing I said conflicts with that. They have found a way around it. Celebrity, Carnival and NCL are coming at it more directly. RCI is trying to look more open about things but at the same time trying to end up in the same spot. We’ll see how it works out. 

Royal is actually creating two classes of people on the ship. The un-vaxxed are the steerage class and the vaxxed are the cabin class. This is certainly NOT what our governor was aiming for. His grand scheme is going down the tubes.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jimbo said:

it's just you have vaccinated people dining with unvaccinated people....and then later that same night you have those  same vaccinated people now going to a venue where only all vaccinated people are allowed to go...........If this is the case you might as well have everybody go where every they want.

Vaxxed people are protected by the vaccine. It does not matter if they dine with un-vaxxed people. This has been said over and over and over and over. VAXXED PEOPLE ARE PROTECTED.  This risk is miniscule of a vaxxed person contracting Covid. There......I said it again.

23 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Don't you think you are going to have vaccinated people mixing with unvaccinated in the ports and returning to the vaccinated area on the ship?

I am not sure how useful segregation within the ship is. 

EVERYONE will be masking in the ports for embarkation and disembarkation. THAT is the difference. On the ship, vaxxed people will not have to mask up. When vaxxed people are with vaxxed people.....no masks are required. When vaxxed people mix with un-vaxxed people, masks are required. Simple concept.

But 

6 minutes ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

But it's fair for you to potentially expose others to a virus which caused a worldwide pandemic?

Sorry to break it to you, but the world does not revolve around ljason913 and his/her/their wants. We live in a civilized society, where we must all watch out for one another and not stamp our feet when we don't get what we want.

If you don't want to wear a mask or get tested, then you certainly have the choice to vacation elsewhere. Just as others have the choice to cruise masked and tested and vaccinated. Ain't freedom grand?

But he (or she) stated that he WAS vaccinated.  He does not have to test or wear a mask.  That’s the whole point of being fully vaccinated on the cruise.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sugcarol said:

According to the TA site, the cost is 139.00 pp. 278.00 for 2 people.

Is that total per person or per shot? If’s it’s only 139.00 pp for the whole cruise I don’t think that’s much of a deterrent.

28 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Royal is actually creating two classes of people on the ship. The un-vaxxed are the steerage class and the vaxxed are the cabin class. This is certainly NOT what our governor was aiming for. His grand scheme is going down the tubes.

It may not be what he was aiming for, but it sure is what he got. Consequences.

• Haha 1