Jump to content

Unable to Change Password after the Data Breach


Recommended Posts

After reading about the data breach to Carnaval, Princess, and Holland America, I decided I needed to go in and at least change my passwords.  On the Princess site that option is under the Login Information, I believe. I clicked on that and got the following message:  We apologize for the inconvenience, but this feature is currently not available.  Has anyone been able to successfully change their password today (or recently)?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, DesertSailors said:

After reading about the data breach to Carnaval, Princess, and Holland America, I decided I needed to go in and at least change my passwords.  On the Princess site that option is under the Login Information, I believe. I clicked on that and got the following message:  We apologize for the inconvenience, but this feature is currently not available.  Has anyone been able to successfully change their password today (or recently)?

 

I have not been able to sign into Princess for a month now.  Was you actually able to even sign in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I have not been able to sign into Princess for a month now.  Was you actually able to even sign in?

Yes, I can sign in my account, just the ability to change my password is not available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brother, just what I needed again. 😠 

 

But I won't worry about it unless an official letter arrives in my mailbox.  

 

( I was one of the unfortunate souls that was affected by the last one. Got a letter from Carnival Corp regarding that, and nothing out of the ordinary happened to me. Until a few months later when strange emails were threatening to exort me unless I paid $843 in Bitcoin.  

 

I ignored them, and nothing happened. 

Just ride it out, and wait for an official notification.)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DesertSailors said:

After reading about the data breach to Carnaval, Princess, and Holland America, I decided I needed to go in and at least change my passwords.  On the Princess site that option is under the Login Information, I believe. I clicked on that and got the following message:  We apologize for the inconvenience, but this feature is currently not available.  Has anyone been able to successfully change their password today (or recently)?

 

What you were trying to do was change your password after you had signed in by going to your profile and editing your Login Information. What you need to do is log out and then click on "Need Help" just under your Login ID and Password and then follow the directions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, billco said:

What you were trying to do was change your password after you had signed in by going to your profile and editing your Login Information. What you need to do is log out and then click on "Need Help" just under your Login ID and Password and then follow the directions.

That is what I was looking for ~ thank you!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, memoak said:

My password only works from my phone not my laptop

Mine works fine from my laptop but has never worked from my phone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always use my iPad and if I need to print luggage tags use laptop.  But I will wait to see what is recommended.  Not sure there is that much info on my Princess account worth having?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like others, I tried resetting from the need help method that billco recommended, and while that worked, once I went back in, my info was gone and replaced with partial info from my partner! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am just recently finding out about data breach!  Maybe that's why have not been able to sign in for almost a month! Seems Princess should have let folks know about this!  Today had same issue as "maxcat910"...I attempted to sign-in, but could not - so used the "need help" setting and it let me reset password - but none of my info appears...it's like setting up a new account.  Hope entire history of sailing with Princess not lost!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Gogoddess5 said:

Am just recently finding out about data breach!  Maybe that's why have not been able to sign in for almost a month! Seems Princess should have let folks know about this!  Today had same issue as "maxcat910"...I attempted to sign-in, but could not - so used the "need help" setting and it let me reset password - but none of my info appears...it's like setting up a new account.  Hope entire history of sailing with Princess not lost!

This has been happening to me for a month. Not going to add the info again because I read that if you do, a new account is created.  I am able to go in with my booking numbers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you try the forgot password option?  I got an alert last week when I tried to sign in that they had been compromised, so I closed my browser and went back in and changed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am getting tired of all these data breeches.  Having already been a victim of identity theft, I have shut down all credit on the big three bureaus.  Hopefully, they are going to offer free monitoring for a year to all who may have been affected.  It is really scary when all your information is out there.  And a headache getting it all rectified when something happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2021 at 6:52 PM, KreinKrunker said:

This happened in March, may be too late to change password.

Sometimes it even takes a few years after a breach before the data actually gets used. Or so I've read in multiple places. Given that, I wouldn't think it's too late to change passwords now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2021 at 5:36 PM, Sprocket said:

Did you try the forgot password option?  I got an alert last week when I tried to sign in that they had been compromised, so I closed my browser and went back in and changed it.

Thanks Sprocket. Yes, that is what I did, but now I have 2 ?accounts? with the same login and email address! The forgot my password led me to set a new password that automatically put in some of my husband's partial info and says I should now complete that registration.

 

When I used the other data breached password, with the same login and email, it still has my info, but how do I preserve my info while setting a new password for it?

 

Anyone have any suggestions?

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sprocket said:

As much as I hate doing this myself I think a call to Princess is in order.  Hoping they can fix the issues on their end and get you set up.

 

 

Thanks Sprocket!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...