S3 Sky Suite on Edge - Recommendations Please

Posted (edited)

Looking at a B2B on Edge in an S3 Suite.

Aware that the Magic Carpet goes past and some cabins have some of that structure in the corner of the balcony.

Any recommendations for a great S3 please.

Thank You

PS I have viewed the great excel sheet too.

Edited by Couple-Somerset

4 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Hang on let me find my bank details so you can make a transfer - I'm in the UK so don't be mean on the exchange rate lol

If they offer a move up rate, might not cost more then a shore ex and well worth it.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Aware that the Magic Carpet goes past and some cabins have some of that structure in the corner of the balcony.

Thank You

The best will be the center 2 S3's on decks 8-10. I would avoid the corners due to the structures and deck 11 and 12 due to the overhang of the Magic carpet when docked above.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bajathree said:

The best will be the center 2 S3's on decks 8-10. I would avoid the corners due to the structures and deck 11 and 12 due to the overhang of the Magic carpet when docked above.

We booked 8204 for the reasons you mention - the excel sheet on this forum highlighted those issues too.

Curious to know if there were any better choices though lol

Will definitely keep an eye on upgrade options but slightly more difficult doing a B2B.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

We booked 8204 for the reasons you mention - the excel sheet on this forum highlighted those issues too.

Curious to know if there were any better choices though lol

Will definitely keep an eye on upgrade options but slightly more difficult doing a B2B.

We are on the 6/26 and 7/3 b2b. We wanted a sky suite and the only one available for both cruises was one of the middle ones on deck 12. We know there is some overhang but we’re hopeful it won’t be too bad nor will it be all the time. 

5 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Thank You

S3-8200.  On the MC but never interfered at all.  It’s a very large balcony and has large forward facing window, loved sitting out there

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

S3-8200.  On the MC but never interfered at all.  It’s a very large balcony and has large forward facing window, loved sitting out there

We have this cabin on 7/10. S2 is now available for a little less than we paid, but we’re looking forward to the larger balcony!!!

Just now, jackson2348 said:

We have this cabin on 7/10. S2 is now available for a little less than we paid, but we’re looking forward to the larger balcony!!!

Honestly I believe you will really enjoy it.  The forward facing window is so cool if you sit outside  and have coffee as they pull into port.  Enjoy!!

We are looking at the Edge from Barcelona on 7/2/22. We usually cruise on Royal Caribbean and this will be our first time on Celebrity. We plan on getting a Sky Suite. Please send me the link to the Excel document. Thank you.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, bajathree said:

I have heard quite a few rave about the corners due to the extra window, I believe.  I know I saw one on Edge, or maybe it was a photo.  It seems so very long ago that I was on an Edge TA.

Edited by Lastdance

4 hours ago, flannbarr said:

We are looking at the Edge from Barcelona on 7/2/22. We usually cruise on Royal Caribbean and this will be our first time on Celebrity. We plan on getting a Sky Suite. Please send me the link to the Excel document. Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bFHV6Ax0FmbzTqHb1e6eCeLpGe9SEBZPJeJ4K472toY/edit

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I have heard quite a few rave about the corners due to the extra window, I believe.  I know I saw one on Edge, or maybe it was a photo.  It seems so very long ago that I was on an Edge TA.

The biggest problem with those windows is privacy.

408CAA98-1396-4E55-A153-D6F23D1D14F1.png

Edited by Oville

32 minutes ago, Oville said:

The biggest problem with those windows is privacy.

408CAA98-1396-4E55-A153-D6F23D1D14F1.png

Kind of get that…but that said I did love mine, properly dressed of course. 😎

I know I asked this before, but I can't recall what the answers were.

Before the pandemic started we booked a S2 mainly because we wanted to experience the forward-facing bed but also because of the connecting cabins that come with the S3s.  I recall being told this was not a problem, but can someone tell me how they work that they are not intrusive?

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, mafig said:

I know I asked this before, but I can't recall what the answers were.

Before the pandemic started we booked a S2 mainly because we wanted to experience the forward-facing bed but also because of the connecting cabins that come with the S3s.  I recall being told this was not a problem, but can someone tell me how they work that they are not intrusive?

They share a private foyer with entrances to each cabin, a similar set up to the Aft S1s.  Haven’t stayed in an S3 but have the S1 and there were no problems at all.

Edited by Oville
  • Thanks 1