4 crew test positive on Anthem

Posted (edited)

http://crew-center.com/anthem-seas-crew-3-day-quarantine-after-4-test-positive-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR0ljKy17RMpEPwi8uyaCqiJA1-7ajdhe-d_G81iz5uxabUmB8SjnklVPdA

Royal Caribbean said Anthem of the Seas will start cruising with fully vaccinated crew, which means they need to receive the second dose of the vaccine in the next 3 days, to be considered as fully vaccinated 2 weeks before sailing with guests.

However her first sailing is actually July 4th so now under 2 weeks… 

Edited by little britain

21 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I just saw that article on a social media site. I hope the best for the crew members. But I was wondering about that time line, seemed awfully tight?

It's always tight it seems

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's always tight it seems

It does, but with so many moving parts and the rules constantly changing, it is either a  tight schedule or not be able to start cruises as soon as possible.

Pretty darn close to a classic Catch-22.

What never gets mentioned about these on board positives (except for the very first ones on Odyssey) is if they're newly embarked crew or not.

New crew testing positive is much less of an onboard concern (since they're doing their quarantine already anyway) vs some that have already been on board the ship (in which is doesn't make sense how they could have gotten covid)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

What never gets mentioned about these on board positives (except for the very first ones on Odyssey) is if they're newly embarked crew or not.

New crew testing positive is much less of an onboard concern (since they're doing their quarantine already anyway) vs some that have already been on board the ship (in which is doesn't make sense how they could have gotten covid)

What do you think happens when each cruise ship goes back into the ports for getting supplies and such........people come onboard from ashore and crew members go onshore...........Yes they don't go any further then the dock probably but they come in contact with people that live at each one of these ports.........Some of these ships have been to more then 1 country also when they get supplies.............that's how covid comes aboard a cruise ship or any ship for that matter.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

What's the big deal? Is anybody actually surprized by this. What would be surprizing would be that if cruising got started up again without any problems. There is a world wide pandemic going on. People will still get Covid. Cruises will get cancelled. People with Covid will be put off ships in the middle of cruises. Countries will refuse entry for ships with Covid passengers and /or crew on board. Cruising in 2021 will be nothing like pre-Covid cruising. Get used to it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

http://crew-center.com/anthem-seas-crew-3-day-quarantine-after-4-test-positive-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR0ljKy17RMpEPwi8uyaCqiJA1-7ajdhe-d_G81iz5uxabUmB8SjnklVPdA

Royal Caribbean said Anthem of the Seas will start cruising with fully vaccinated crew, which means they need to receive the second dose of the vaccine in the next 3 days, to be considered as fully vaccinated 2 weeks before sailing with guests.

However her first sailing is actually July 4th so now under 2 weeks… 

Could they have taken the one dose J&J vaccine?

20 minutes ago, kearney said:

From the article: "Royal Caribbean said Anthem of the Seas will start cruising with fully vaccinated crew, which means they need to receive the second dose of the vaccine in the next 3 days, to be considered as fully vaccinated 2 weeks before sailing with guests."

2 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

From the article: "Royal Caribbean said Anthem of the Seas will start cruising with fully vaccinated crew, which means they need to receive the second dose of the vaccine in the next 3 days, to be considered as fully vaccinated 2 weeks before sailing with guests."

I ask because I know of at least one crew member... Chris Wong...who does a Vlog on cruising..said he got the J&J... perhaps the reporter was guessing and just assumed it was a two doser

Just now, kearney said:

I ask because I know of at least one crew member... Chris Wong...who does a Vlog on cruising..said he got the J&J... perhaps the reporter was guessing and just assumed it was a two doser

But he got his vaccine in the USA. More supply to pick from.

21 minutes ago, kearney said:

Chris Wong is on Odyssey.

48 minutes ago, kearney said:

I don't think the UK has approved J&J. I believe their approved shots are all 2 doses. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

I don't think the UK has approved J&J. I believe their approved shots are all 2 doses. 

This is correct. We have AZ and Pfizer as options in the UK at the moment, both 2 dose vaccines 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Moderna and J&J have also been approved in the UK, Moderna is being used, J&J isn’t because there haven’t been any deliveries yet. 

Edited by strickers
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, misslottie said:

This is correct. We have AZ and Pfizer as options in the UK at the moment, both 2 dose vaccines 

And Moderna, my daughter in law (to be) got Moderna last week in UK , but yes, that's also a two jab vaccine 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, sgmn said:

And Moderna, my daughter in law (to be) got Moderna last week in UK , but yes, that's also a two jab vaccine 

Good to know!  So far locally they’ve just used the two I mentioned. Pleased they’re offering the others too.

• Like 2