Cruise Critic is back from Adventure -- a bunch of questions, along with answers

• Members

Hi all! 

I was on Adventure of the Seas last week, and put out quite a few stories. But one that might be of most interest is a Q and A, where I put out answers to many of the biggest burning questions that people might have. Take a look, and if there's anything else you'd like to know, ask it here and I can update! 

What's It Like Being Back on Royal Caribbean? We Answer Your Questions About Being Back

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is great and a good read of current protocols. Hopefully some of this will change, for example children wearing masks as we in the UK there has been no requirement for our children to mask up, except in school ages 12+. Also the windjammer for all meals and walk-ins is a god send for families. 

And the shows, well a family of three one will be left sitting on own, seems daft as we all share a cabin lol.

Again thanks for the QAs and the time taken to write this up

• Members
1 minute ago, Majorleague said:

Chris, thank you for the info. One clarification/question...you can not sit at any bar on the entire ship?

Correct. The bar seats AT the actual bar were all blocked off. Also the seats around the piano at Schooners. This does reduce capacity in the bars so you needed to arrive early in some venues for trivia and such. 

• Like 1

• Members
3 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Thanks for the report.  By any chance did you learn what the Back 2 Back procedures are?

Tom

Good question. About 70 or so people stayed onboard for the next sailing. Instead of taking their rapid antigen COVID-19 test on the Thursday or Friday to get back into the US, they took it on Saturday morning when the rest of us were getting off. They did not have to leave the ship. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Good question. About 70 or so people stayed onboard for the next sailing. Instead of taking their rapid antigen COVID-19 test on the Thursday or Friday to get back into the US, they took it on Saturday morning when the rest of us were getting off. They did not have to leave the ship. 

Thanks.  That is great news, I foresee a very nice turnaround day.

Tom

• Like 1

I have posted my experiences on the second cruise, starting in page 828 post 20694 in the routine day in lockdown thread, including my experience my experience arriving the same day, late in the day. on my way to Cozumel right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Thanks for the report.  By any chance did you learn what the Back 2 Back procedures are?

Tom

Matt from another Blog is doing  b2b and he answered it:

"

The process for me was very similar to what it was before the industry shutdown.

1. Meet at the dining room at an assigned time
  2. Do an antigen test
  3. Wait for results
  4. Get new SeaPass card
  5. Walk down to the gangway and check out of the first sailing, and then check into the new sailing

We did not have to actually disembark the ship."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Members
3 minutes ago, RocCruisers said:

So in the MDR, are there tables or 4 or 6 or 8 or (gasp!) TEN??  Or is the overwhelming majority of tables for two?  

Thanks for your videos and replies.

The larger tables are there, but they are not being used. I mostly saw people sitting at tables of 2 and 4, occasionally a larger group of 6 (who clearly all knew each other and were traveling together). 

I had dinner with a group at Chops, and was told that it could not be larger than 8. 

Edited by Cruise Critic Chris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RocCruisers said:

So in the MDR, are there tables or 4 or 6 or 8 or (gasp!) TEN??  Or is the overwhelming majority of tables for two?  

Thanks for your videos and replies.

The MDR has all of the tables still there.   Different tables are labeled as reserved for social distancing, as are the tables in WJ. Sort of implies there is a certain flexibility in their use.

• Members
1 hour ago, suamom said:

Will all of these protocols be in place on the Sept Alaska sailings since vaccines are required?

Right now, the lines have been announcing protocols for each ship, one at a time, for the most part. Hard to tell what September will be like! 

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

I have posted my experiences on the second cruise, starting in page 828 post 20694 in the routine day in lockdown thread, including my experience my experience arriving the same day, late in the day. on my way to Cozumel right now. 

It would be so great if you could start your own thread. So many people are dying to read more about the Adventure cruise. This way we don't have to find page 828 and post 20694 of a ridiculously long thread. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

The larger tables are there, but they are not being used. I mostly saw people sitting at tables of 2 and 4, occasionally a larger group of 6 (who clearly all knew each other and were traveling together). I had dinner with a group at Chops, and was told that it could not be larger than 8. 

Our MDR had a few of these... couples seated on either end of a 10-top.

image.png.34bc10512c8d7908e29a6662853af7fa.png