"Just water carton"

2 minutes ago, happytotravel said:

Hi All,

What does that consist of?  We used to get one or two bottles of water per cabin.

Thanks,

happytotravel

Instead of plastic, the bottle is made of paperboard.

20 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Instead of plastic, the bottle is made of paperboard.

It's mostly paperboard although the cap and short spout are plastic (supposedly plant-based plastic...whatever that is).  Also, if you look inside, there is some kind of aluminum foil inside the carton.  

1 minute ago, MichiganBound said:

It's mostly paperboard although the cap and short spout are plastic (supposedly plant-based plastic...whatever that is).  Also, if you look inside, there is some kind of aluminum foil inside the carton.  

The cap had to be. 

I do question the environmental advantage of switching from the easiest to recycle plastic.

36 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

The cap had to be. 

I do question the environmental advantage of switching from the easiest to recycle plastic.

But it's much easier to fill them up with the ship's tap water before selling them to passengers. 😅

• Haha 1

Thank you all for your quick replies.   I did check out the website that ggTexasGal gave me.  Interesting.

Hoping you all stay safe and get to go cruising soon.  My cruise is September 06, 2022.  I wanted to be sure I didn't have to cancel again. Can't wait!!!!!!!!

happytotravel

2 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

But it's much easier to fill them up with the ship's tap water before selling them to passengers. 😅

I have to be honest, I am not sure what the source of NCL's Just Water is, nor do I care to speculate.  That having been said, I must admit it tastes . . . funny.

17 minutes ago, WYB! said:

Just water is the name of a company and not related to NCL.

https://www.amazon.com/Water-Premium-Paper-Based-Recyclable-Naturally/dp/B01B3A0S9S/ref=asc_df_B01B3A0S9S/

There are 12 (16.9 fl oz) bottles in a case.

I've also seen Just Water available in my local grocery store.

- WYB

Yup, you're right.  I went to your link on Amazon.  Lots and lots of people complaining that this product tastes funny -- like water that has somehow gone "off," if that were possible.  It's a terrible product, and certainly not one I will ever purchase on land.  Too bad I have no choice, if I am to drink water on NCL.

Seen them for sale in larger, local supermarket chains like ShopRite and Whole Foods Market (Amazon's retailing partner) ... not stocked in large quantity, apparently, competing with numerous major "brands" nor  economically priced.  Something about efficient and compact, space saving packaging - from some municipal sources, filtered and what not.

Popular sized at 16 oz / 500 ml but also in smaller 11 oz / 330 ml - won't be surprised at what one get.  There are also flavored ones for sale at retail level.  NCL used to offer a national name brand to its guests, then switched to its own generic house brand briefly, also downsized to a smaller sized ... all done in the last 5 or 6 years.  By 2022, NCL could be jointly marketing something else instead, whatever.  

It's free & complimentary, so ... (could always use it to refill with ship's dispensed water & filtered)

26 minutes ago, ysolde said:

Too bad I have no choice, if I am to drink water on NCL.

At the risk of starting yet another water war discussion, you do have another choice--the desalinated and filtered water from your stateroom tap, any bar dispenser or buffet water station.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MaineYachtClub said:

At the risk of starting yet another water war discussion, you do have another choice--the desalinated and filtered water from your stateroom tap, any bar dispenser or buffet water station.

Yes, I'm sure that's OK for most people.  I am trying to avoid mycobacteria whenever and wherever possible, as I have bronchiectasis, so I'll pass.

4 hours ago, ysolde said:

I am not sure what the source of NCL's Just Water is

Practically my back yard.  It's Bottled in Glens Falls, NY, I'm just South of there (I'm basically halfway between Saratoga and Albany).  Glens Falls is in the foothills of the Adirondacks, and right near the headwaters of the Hudson River (before it goes past a bunch of towns to pick up "stuff".  Bottom line - the water source can't be much more pure than where that stuff is bottled, I would attribute any bad taste to the packaging...

Ever see Saratoga water in bottles?  That's bottled just South of Glens Falls, in Saratoga.  

• Like 1