Web Check-In Website Issues

kilkoyne

12 minutes ago, Paula O. White said:

We are sailing on the Meraviglia out of Miami on August 16. All online information (that we can access)is complete.This has been confirmed twice by our travel agent in conversations with the MSC staff.Yet we cannot print anything, and continue to get the message that all required information has not been submitted.We are getting anxious.The travel agent was told a few days ago that "this" would be fixed by Friday, August 6 and all our documents would be mailed to us including the elusive health Questionnaire. Is anyone else on this sailing and have you been able to complete the REQUIRED online check in? We are getting worried.

Not on that sailing, but on the one right after that on the 20th...I'm in the same boat (pun intended). However, MSC *did* automatically email me the docs, but this morning I got an email saying I had to fill out the health questions (which I had already done) and when I now look at my booking it says on the first page everything is done, but then it says I can't request my docs because not all info is entered.

Amazing ship and product, horrible everything else

• 2 weeks later...

We returned from our cruise.   We were able to get on the ship.   Still, if anyone at MSC is reading this, telling your customer that you don't need to worry about the words that you are reading saying that you still need to check in can be ignored if your ticket has been mailed to you is not enough to keep your customer satisfied when that customer is flying to a different continent in order to take a cruise.   Especially when the customer requests that you put in writing that the words saying you have not checked in can be ignored.   I asked for a letter or an email.  MSC refused to send me one.   I had my travel agent contact MSC, and MSC still refused.   This was frustrating to say the least.

Oh, when we got to the point of embarkation in Barcelona, an MSC employee who did not have a complete grasp on requirements insisted that we needed to have COVID insurance separate from our health insurance, which was the first time I ever heard about such a requirement.    I was beyond upset.   Eventually a supervisor came and cleared things up, but it is obvious that MSC failed to provide clear guidance to some of its employees.    I thought we were not getting on the ship.   MSC really needs to get its act together.

That much said, the cruise was pleasant.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Same exact problem. Unable to check-in on either their app or website. Makes me a bit apprehensive about even sailing with them if they can't get a simple check-in process right. When I called about this, they said that I could just check-in over the phone. Well that's not remotely reasonable or convenient. 

I will say this though, everytime I've called MSC, they answer the phone immediately and are not rushed at all about answering any questions even if they don't always have an appropriate solution.

They also don't act like they're working on a commission structure. The reps aren't chomping at the bit to have me complete a booking or add something to an existing reservation. They did call me back later in the day after I had previously inquired about a price to see if I wanted to proceed with the booking. But they weren't pushy at all and generally seemed indifferent, which is shocking considering the line's terrible reputation for insanely pushy sales tactics on board their ships. 

They should really have a reliable check-in process for their guests. This ridiculous problem causes far too much apprehension for their customers. 

Edited by Eliminator55

On 7/7/2021 at 3:35 PM, italophile2 said:

Is it true that check in for MSC is only 48 hrs before sailing October 31?  I will be traveling during that time so it might be an issue for me.  Thank you for letting me know your experience on this.

I'm thinking this might be why I'm experiencing an error. I read somewhere that check-in doesn't become available until about 24 prior to the time of embarkation.