NCL Suspended Sailinigs?

BirdTravels

18 minutes ago, stormynow said:

On the local news, all ncl cruises suspended till end of sept.

I saw this reported on yahoo a couple of hours ago.  The story I read indicated no affect on Alaska Cruises.  Now, not seeing this anymore.  If true, it may be a reaction to ongoing dispute with desantis.

ETA:  Just now seeing explanation on "Is this New?" thread.  Evidently this is an old article extending cruise suspensions from last year.

Edited by seemoreroyals

Before panic sets in, check out this post which describes a Miami Herald story of cruise cancellations.  Cruiser GA Dave posted an article which indicates it was posted 14 hours ago.  However, bottom of page indicates copyright 2020.  The days of the week don't jive.

Gives new meaning to the term fake news.

Edited by Captain_Cruising
  • Like 1

I just spoke with my NCL cruise consultant and was informed that my cruise on Norwegian STAR,12/11/21, Rio to Santiago (B2B). Has been frozen by cruise line and that is because "NCL is evaluating suspending this journey and if they do I will receive an email tomorrow"

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Has anyone noticed that NCL has removed the "Suspended Sailings" link from their home page?

image.thumb.png.bf1a43bf65658e3ff204d3d07819d8f1.png

Yep, I also noticed that - it's been missing from the page for over a week or so.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EnjoyingCruising said:

Just got off from an on-line chat with a Norwegian agent.  My cruises on the Joy out of Miami on 10/19 and 10/30 are frozen.

RATS!   We are also booked for the 10/19 Joy.  Can't see it available on NCL anymore, but it still shows on MyNCL account.   We are at 120 days now.

My TA messaged me 2 hours ago to say my Oct 19, 2021 Joy cruise was frozen. She said there was a very real possibility that it would be canceled. Apparently NCL is having issues getting crew. 

It was still showing on the website a couple of hours ago, but I see that it's no longer there 🤕

Edited by Carolina Girl 99

13 minutes ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

My TA messaged me 2 hours ago to say my Oct 19, 2021 Joy cruise was frozen. She said there was a very real possibility that it would be canceled. Apparently NCL is having issues getting crew. 

It was still showing on the website a couple of hours ago, but I see that it's no longer there 🤕

I am so very sorry if these cruises are cancelled.  I also just went on the NCL website looking at Joy sailings.  In November their are two Thanksgiving week and the week after thanksgiving.  I am on the week after thanksgiving.  So you can see why I was rechecking.  

Of all the reasons for canceling a cruise, I never thought hiring crew would have been it.  However, thinking about it now, it is absolutely a reason and I feel kind of stupid not seeing it.  My family asked me the other day, "Dad, do you think this November cruise will be cancelled like the last three.  I said, no not this time."  Tomorrow morning I will let them know it is a very good possibility.  

I know I don't have to say this however, I hate the process of canceling, rebooking and handling all the other details on these multiple cruise cancelations.  I truly hope all this can be fixed and cleaned up soon.  Enough with the disappointment.  Really, enough.  Sorry for the rant, it is not like me.

• Like 2

My September Getaway sailing is still bookable.  I received an email and a phone call from the pre concierge today.  First time I’ve ever had them reach out to me before a sailing. They asked about dinner reservations… so it seems as though some sailings are still a go for September. Fingers crossed!  

Seems like the economy got turned back on full throttle and it’s  difficult for companies to ramp back up to meet demand.  I read American Airlines is having difficulty meeting demand.  Friends just returned from Hawaii today and said it’s a zoo - jam packed. 

• Like 1

I can't believe how many news agencies ran they year-old story about NCL canceling sailings. It mentioned Canada & New England sailings, which haven't been on the books in months. I also noticed the banner missing for the past few days. The page it linked to was never updated to show the September and early October Breakaway sailings I am now booked on. It still said that Breakaway was suspended through mid-October. So I had been checking it regularly to see if it was updated, then it just disappeared entirely.

So the thought that they "don't have a crew" on Joy is weird due to the fact the Joy IS docked in Puerto Rico and the crew WERE getting vaccinated. Now, they could have had a reduced crew, but I also saw a youtube video uploaded by a Pilipino man celebrating their independence day on the Joy and there were lots of crew on board. I think it's due to something else.