Making Diamond …

Markmom18

Hi,

For anyone wondering,  a general heads up on Diamond info.  I was hold for 15 minutes this morning after I wanted validation  about making Diamond. I asked just to be sure nothing changed after this long “pause”.

So, to save anyone the hold time themselves …

Yes, Yes & Yes  you will be Diamond the entire cruise. Even IF your official qualifying day is the very last day of your cruise. Of course, this applies to whatever is your next level. Diamond was my specific inquiry.

Final Yes  ….. it is true this has been answered here many times. 😁😁

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oops … I thought we were making Diamond. We are moving up to Platinum. I’m one who always pays the extra for FTTF, so happy to get the perk finally.  

It seems like it took MANY cruises to get from Gold to Platinum. Whereas, with RCCL getting to Diamond was relatively quick (or appeared that way).

But, we ❤️❤️ Carnival “FUN” ships and only skip over to Royal every so often.  Perks or no perks, we just really enjoy Carnival a lot more … 🤷🏻‍♀️😁😁

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

For anyone wondering,  a general heads up on Diamond info.  I was hold for 15 minutes this morning after I wanted validation  about making Diamond. I asked just to be sure nothing changed after this long “pause”.

So, to save anyone the hold time themselves …

Yes, Yes & Yes  you will be Diamond the entire cruise. Even IF your official qualifying day is the very last day of your cruise. Of course, this applies to whatever is your next level. Diamond was my specific inquiry.

Final Yes  ….. it is true this has been answered here many times. 😁😁

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Congratulations on making Diamond status on your upcoming cruise. I finally achieve it as well on my upcoming cruise in August. 🥳🥳🥳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Markmom18 said:

Oops … I thought we were making Diamond. We are moving up to Platinum. I’m one who always pays the extra for FTTF, so happy to get the perk finally.  

It seems like it took MANY cruises to get from Gold to Platinum. Whereas, with RCCL getting to Diamond was relatively quick (or appeared that way).

But, we ❤️❤️ Carnival “FUN” ships and only skip over to Royal every so often.  Perks or no perks, we just really enjoy Carnival a lot more … 🤷🏻‍♀️😁😁

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Nice!  We will reach platinum on our next cruise too!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bluesman0711 said:

How does it work if you hit Diamond on the second leg of a b2b? 

You will be Diamond on the second leg of your b2b and your S&S card that is given on 2nd leg will be a Diamond card.  Happened with us going on b2b where we were reaching Platinum on our second leg.

21 hours ago, Scurvy Seadog said:

Congratulations on making Diamond status on your upcoming cruise. I finally achieve it as well on my upcoming cruise in August. 🥳🥳🥳

Yeah, I put Diamond in stead of the correct Tier we are entering, which is Platinum. But YIPPIE you achieving Diamond in August !! 🤩🤩

11 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

We were Diamond for the first leg. Two separate times (DH has more cruises than I, so became Diamond first. Seems it had to do with having the cruises “linked.”

Good to know. A couple more B2Bs and we'll be Platinum.

23 hours ago, bluesman0711 said:

How does it work if you hit Diamond on the second leg of a b2b? 

You achieve the higher tier on the second cruise.  You'll be given a new Sign & Sail card.  I believe but am not certain that a new folio is always created for the second leg of a B2B.

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2021 at 10:05 PM, Markmom18 said:

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

congrats on Plat. enjoy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, imluvncruzn said:

Can anyone explain what the "one-time one-category upgrade" means?  Is it (for example) from an Oceanview to Balcony or within the same category like a 8a - 8c balcony?  

Yes it is to go up a category - like your example from oceanview to balcony.

• Like 1