Oasis (amped) vs Harmony?

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Lots of folks take uber or a cab to the space center. The whole area is very easy to navigate. 

Rent a car and stop at one of those Airboat ride places if you had the time. We did one in Christmas, Florida a time back that was alot of fun.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I have no idea why folks find the Oasis Solarium pool to be a big deal. It's basicaly a cool hot tub

Actually on Harmony, they designate one of the real pools to be adults only. That's a big plus

The pool would not be an issue for me. I have yet to be in a ship's pool or hot tub.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't know, people seem to rate Harmony 4th of the four Oasis sisters.

I've been on all four Oasis ships and I would rate Harmony higher than Allure right now.  Allure is older with no refurbishment to speak of (other than engines).  Cabin configuration is vastly improved on Harmony (and Symphony).  Not really sure what all the fuss is the over lack of pool in HOTS Solarium?  It's been re-instated on the Symphony.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ashland said:

We are 4 adults and 2 kids...We were considering having a private shuttle take us from MCO to the Port Canaveral hotel from our flight arrival at 4:00pm.

KSC on day two...so not sure if we should rent a car just for that. Same shuttle company will take us back to MCO after the cruise.

PC is out of my comfort zone and so the reason for all the logistic questions.

Thanks so much John.

I doubt there's a shuttle for KSC. it's over 30 minutes away so not a short drive. I wouldn't think it'd be free. Since it is an excursion when cruises ships stop in port there might be companies that pick up from hotels for excursions though. Worth a look as I've seen excursions in other port cities have an option for port or hotel pickup. 

45 minutes ago, Ashland said:

What are the new hotels in PC ?

Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, Home 2 Suites, SpringHill Suites. 

Plus one more by SpringHill, not done yet. These are all right by port. 

And it looks like Doubletree by me is getting close to reopening 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

I've been on all four Oasis ships and I would rate Harmony higher than Allure right now.  Allure is older with no refurbishment to speak of (other than engines).  Cabin configuration is vastly improved on Harmony (and Symphony).  Not really sure what all the fuss is the over lack of pool in HOTS Solarium?  It's been re-instated on the Symphony.

Symphony pool is way cooler than Oasis and Allure.

Allure has Mama Mia, folks love the old DL, lack of slides appeals to many, Aqua Show on Allure is better than Harmony or Symphony in my opinion.  More diving, less stomping

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

I doubt there's a shuttle for KSC. it's over 30 minutes away so not a short drive. I wouldn't think it'd be free. Since it is an excursion when cruises ships stop in port there might be companies that pick up from hotels for excursions though. Worth a look as I've seen excursions in other port cities have an option for port or hotel pickup. 

So it looks like we're going to have to Uber/Lyft from our Port Canaveral hotel to get to KSC.

That just makes it a bit hard with 4 adults & 2 kids. Was hoping there would be some sort of roundtrip shuttle for a price. I've been looking at excursions like (viator) but they all say from Orlando.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Symphony pool is way cooler than Oasis and Allure.

Allure has Mama Mia, folks love the old DL, lack of slides appeals to many, Aqua Show on Allure is better than Harmony or Symphony in my opinion.  More diving, less stomping

Oh, so we're critiquing diving shows now  😀.  Sorry, but I think Harmony has the best aqua show of the Oasis class.  However, I agree that Mama Mia beats both Grease and Hairspray, IMO.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Oh, so we're critiquing diving shows now  😀.  Sorry, but I think Harmony has the best aqua show of the Oasis class.  However, I agree that Mama Mia beats both Grease and Hairspray, IMO.

Have you seen Aqua80?

Fabulous tricks and music.

Fine Line has to much strobe lighting, ninja turtle costumes, and not enough diving. 

The only redeeming part is the spinning man.

IMHO

Edited by John&LaLa

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Have you seen Aqua80?

Fine Line has to much strobe lighting, ninja turtle costumes, and not enough diving. 

IMHO

Is the spinning man still on Harmony ?

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

I love Mama Mia and never get tired of it. I saw Hairspray on Oasis years ago. It was good but I could do without seeing it again. I've never been all that enthusiastic about Grease.

The Aqua show is the highlight of an Oasis class ship for me. Aside from that I am just as content on a Voyager/ Freedom class ship.

• Like 1

Both my daughter and I are theater people.  She majored in it in college and directs for a small company in Florida.  I spent many years in local community theater.  I could pass on all of the current shows.  No interest in any of them.  So many good shows out there.  Maybe the rights to these bombs are cheap🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, poocher said:

Both my daughter and I are theater people.  She majored in it in college and directs for a small company in Florida.  I spent many years in local community theater.  I could pass on all of the current shows.  No interest in any of them.  So many good shows out there.  Maybe the rights to these bombs are cheap🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Would you prefer sitting throught one of the old RCI Singers and Dancers disasters? I can direct you to the appropriate ship.😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Care to suggest something to entertain the unwashed masses. I'm certain Royal Entertainment would love input based on your community theater background 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Have you seen Aqua80?

IMHO

I don't like the spinny guy, I do like the slack liners though

45 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Care to suggest something to entertain the unwashed masses. I'm certain Royal Entertainment would love input based on your community theater background 

Well if a dance show is important what about A Chorus Line, Chicago, Cabaret?

If it needs to be created by a known quantity how about Jersey Boys or Elton John’s Aida.

Maybe something from this century - thinking Lin-Manuel Miranda’s In The Heights.  My personal favorite would be Pippin in the original of course but the circus revival would play well I think.  Been in quite a few, living a couple hours outside of New York, seen many more.  There are tons of better shows.

And what part of the unwashed masses are you???

Edited by poocher

2 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

We have been on Oasis & Harmony a couple of times each.  We enjoyed each  of them, We are booked on Oasis Sep,2021 and Harmony Mar 2022, Symphony B2B Nov,2021 & Jan,2022.  We are ready for whatever sails.  

We are on Harmony 3/13/22.