Shareholder OBC Requests

mollygirl

When I requested shareholder OBC, I was told documentation had to be provided within 3 months of sailing. I just got it issued for my August cruise, but I'll have to resubmit proof of stock ownership within 3 months of my November and January cruises.

12 minutes ago, loohoo1 said:

When I requested shareholder OBC, I was told documentation had to be provided within 3 months of sailing. I just got it issued for my August cruise, but I'll have to resubmit proof of stock ownership within 3 months of my November and January cruises.

I requested and received our shareholder OBC in March for our 12/11/21 Mardi Gras cruise.  I sent the request via email.

8 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

I requested and received our shareholder OBC in March for our 12/11/21 Mardi Gras cruise.  I sent the request via email.

Thanks! Maybe I'll try resubmitting now for my Nov and Jan sailings! I also sent my request via email but got a return email stating that my documents needed to show ownership within 3 months of sailing. I guess they're not consistent with this. 

• Like 1

I just looked through my old emails and I'm wrong. I needed to show proof of stock ownership from a statement that was less than 3 months old when I was requesting the OBC. The cruise doesn't have to be within 3 months of the request. Sorry for the confusion!

• Like 2

I submitted beginning of May '21 for a July '22 cruise and it was granted. Since the original submission I had booked two more cruises May '22 and November '21. I replied to the original confirmation Email from Carnival and asked them to use the statement already submitted for these two additional cruises and they sent confirmation for both. 

25 minutes ago, jb8162 said:

I submitted beginning of May '21 for a July '22 cruise and it was granted. Since the original submission I had booked two more cruises May '22 and November '21. I replied to the original confirmation Email from Carnival and asked them to use the statement already submitted for these two additional cruises and they sent confirmation for both. 

Wow - Good to know!  I just faxed mine today for an Aug ‘21 cruise and also have one in May ‘22.  I’ll try what you just did and see what what happens!   How long did you have to wait for your 1st response?  I also faxed my info for 3 upcoming Princess cruises and had the OBC for all 3 within 2-3 hrs!  

1 hour ago, cruisemom2 said:

My understanding is each year sometime late spring early summer the board will renew the program. I just submitted a request for  3 cruises. December 12, 18: and February 20, 2022 and all were approved. 

1 hour ago, jb8162 said:

I just sent in a statement for Sept 2021 and Feb 2022. Have two more booked later in 22 and early 23, but will hold off for now on those.

Would someone post that email address or fax #?   It has been so long since we submitted 1, I have forgotten.  So we are allowed to submit a yr ahead?  I thought it had to be closer to cruise than that.  But we do have a Nov 2021 & an April 2022 booked, so will try submitting both.

Edited by Banditswife

20 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

Would someone post that email address or fax #?   It has been so long since we submitted 1, I have forgotten.  So we are allowed to submit a yr ahead?  I thought it had to be closer to cruise than that.  But we do have a Nov 2021 & an April 2022 booked, so will try submitting both.

shareholders@carnival.com

• Like 1

I sent my request in on 5/27/21 and it was approved in a couple of weeks. The email that Carnival sent me said that the shareholder benefit is currently applicable to sailings through 7/31/22. In order to request OBC for sailings after that, I will need to submit a current stock statement after 2/28/22 when the new shareholder benefits are released. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mollygirl said:

Princess has been awarding shareholder OBC for cruises a year or more away as long as you provide all the required info.  Does anyone here know if Carnival is doing the same?  

There is a history as to why Princess does this so far in advance. For a long time Princess allowed its passengers to book excursions in advance and not have the charge show up on their credit cards until one actually boarded their ship. Then they rescinded that policy, and that elicited a lot of protests from loyal Princess cruisers who maintained that that was one of the things that made Princess unique. Princess then compromised by allowing passengers to use OBC pre-cruise to book excursions. Note this was only for excursions and not anything else one could pre-purchase.

27 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

There is a history as to why Princess does this so far in advance. For a long time Princess allowed its passengers to book excursions in advance and not have the charge show up on their credit cards until one actually boarded their ship. Then they rescinded that policy, and that elicited a lot of protests from loyal Princess cruisers who maintained that that was one of the things that made Princess unique. Princess then compromised by allowing passengers to use OBC pre-cruise to book excursions. Note this was only for excursions and not anything else one could pre-purchase.

Interesting - thanks!

6 minutes ago, Medtech2 said:

Is there a specific form or do you just send the stock document as an attachment to an email addressed to that email?

Just attach your latest statement and make sure you black out your account number in all the places. Send an email to shareholders@carnival.com and include your name and booking number and sailing date. You should get an auto response within minutes and the actual response within a week or 2. 

Can someone tell me the amount for OBC? I have never owned stock till now so am new to it all.Have a rebooked cruise on breeze 5day in November. I already have OBC but shareholder OBC I have never had till now.Thanks for your answers 

26 minutes ago, Babyblue said:

Can someone tell me the amount for OBC? I have never owned stock till now so am new to it all.Have a rebooked cruise on breeze 5day in November. I already have OBC but shareholder OBC I have never had till now.Thanks for your answers 

$50 for 6 days and less. Then it goes to $100 for 7 to I believe 14. And for more than that it is $250.

On 6/23/2021 at 4:09 PM, mollygirl said:

Wow - Good to know!  I just faxed mine today for an Aug ‘21 cruise and also have one in May ‘22.  I’ll try what you just did and see what what happens!   How long did you have to wait for your 1st response?  I also faxed my info for 3 upcoming Princess cruises and had the OBC for all 3 within 2-3 hrs!  

I sent my original one via USPS so it took about 4 weeks, I should have emailed or Faxed, however i had plenty of time.

On 6/23/2021 at 5:35 PM, loohoo1 said:

In March 2019 we booked one 3 days before it left and I submitted my paperwork that night and we got ours(actually we got it as a credit to our CRedit card when we got back)

but other times I’ve done it as short as a month and had no issues

which reminds me i need to go do mine for Horizon July 18th cruise... 23 days away!!!

Edited by mpacker
  • Like 1