Please sell me on Quantum Class

On 6/26/2021 at 9:22 AM, KKB said:

We cruised over New Years.

We made reservations for the IFly so little waiting.

The Eye we did on a port day so no waiting--figured a sea day, you would just see, well, the ocean..

OH--forgot the Escape room! Get on the ship EARLY & make reservations, as there are few!!

I have been trying to find out more about the escape room.   How and where do you make reservations for this.  Our group would love that.   Is there a fee for the escape room.

12 minutes ago, vrock said:

I have been trying to find out more about the escape room.   How and where do you make reservations for this.  Our group would love that.   Is there a fee for the escape room.

No fee.

We were one of the first ones on & saw a iPads as soon as we got on (like in the main lobby) & were able to reserve there.

36 minutes ago, vrock said:

How and where do you make reservations for this.  Our group would love that

Use the RCI app as soon as you board. No guarantee your whole group will be accommodated together, typically up to 14 are allowed per session. Most folks miss the venue on the way into the Seaplex on the port side.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 12:13 AM, Yorkvillain said:

Dynamic Dining is back! 

I really liked it.  Used to go to Silk and just order all the apps for a makeshift Dim Sum meal.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:56 PM, CanadaRob said:

Oh yeah, love the WJ, open air seating, like Radiance class, but WJ built to the size of the ship much better than the Oasis Class

I like this feature, too, but I understand it's now missing on Odyssey.

5 hours ago, Board_Shorts said:

Talking of the similarities between Celebrity Solstice Class and Quantum Class, I'm reminded of a trip report someone did on the what he called the "Celebrity Quantum" a few years ago. A good read if I remember. One of those really good trip reporters.

The Celebrity Edge class seems to be a direct cut from Quantum class - Eden *is* just a themed Two270, Four Main Dining Rooms, similar Main Pool area, etc.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 4:53 PM, zekekelso said:

I’m looking at an Australian cruise this December on the Ovation. This is the first time I’ve ever looked at a cruise on a Quantum Class ship. And something about the ship just leaves me cold. I’ve read reviews, looked at videos and nothing is grabbing me. This is an emotional feeling, there’s nothing practical I can point to. 

Any fans of these ships willing to tell me what they love (or even like) about them?

Note: Some of you may be tempted to tell me the point is moot as this cruise will undoubtably be cancelled. While I appreciate your good intentions, don’t. Indulge my fantasies and let me dream 🙂 

Wait, you want to go to Australia and the only ship available is the Ovation?  I'm not going to sell you on the ship.  I have two types of cruises.....from Florida, my home state and international.  When I cruise International, I pick the ports, and the excitement of them, not the class of ship.   There are things on every class of ship, I like, but I certainly do not care if I'm going to Australia which ship.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:50 PM, edspec said:

Booked on Ovation in September, thank-you to all the positive posts in this thread.  Re-read Hoopster's review from 2019, so that helped as well. I booked deck 8 balconies as I thought it would be an easy walk to 270 and the Esplanade.  DS is autistic and doesn't like the elevators with a crowd.  Now I'm thinking, wondering if I should have booked higher up to be close to WJ and Solarium.  Does anyone have experience with deck 8, pros and cons?

I've been on decks 10, 11, and a few times on 6, on Anthem. It is a big ship and 8 would be quite a lot of stairs to the pool deck. Port side in the back on 6 might be a good spot for you. These are unobstructed balconies. The real advantage is the back door into 270, into the library area, with quick access to the cafe and bar there. That library/game room space is usually very quiet too. Conversely, the front of the ship has lighter elevator traffic in my experience. I like the rooms around the forward elevators on deck 6, very quick down the stairs to food/drink on the esplanade. As others have said, that esplanade area can be crazy crowded when they put out the flea market tables. If that's too much for your son, it is for me, you can walk outside to bypass the crowds.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 9:18 PM, zekekelso said:

Pool tables on a cruise ship???

Note - I’m appreciating all the posts even if not commenting. But this one has me scarring my head. 

I know the one on the Radiance has self leveling gyros.  I remember thinking on a rough Pacific Ocean sailing that it would be an ideal place to use for sleeping.  The motors, however, were pretty noisy keeping the table level.

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2021 at 10:27 AM, HxFx said:

I have to agree that I have trepidations about the Quantum class. I like a lot of the ideas but it just seems like there would be a lot of waiting in line to do the fun stuff. How are the lines for the bumper cars, iFly and The Eye? Do they have a setup with times where you don't have to waste time standing in line? Thanks!

Bumper cars on Anthem were best to get there right before they open, 9 AM on the first sea day let me do b2b as the lines were small, later might have to wait in line 20-25 minutes.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I know the one on the Radiance has self leveling gyros.  I remember thinking on a rough Pacific Ocean sailing that it would be an ideal place to use for sleeping.  The motors, however, were pretty noisy keeping the table level.

Not as steady as my table but pretty good. The thicker nap of the cloth helps as well. 

On 6/24/2021 at 11:48 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

Ahhh yes, when I think of Quantum Class I remember being on the Anthem out of Bayonne N J four winters ago, namely late January. We left port at the usual time and was told by the Captain  after the muster that we could feel a little motion about 2:00am, but not to worry because we'd all be asleep. Well, let me tell you we were on the ride to hell getting caught in one of the named Atlantic winter storms that make all the news accounts world wide. The ship couldn't use the stabilizers because one wasn't working. Cut to the chase when we were leaving St. Kitts to head back north the Captain said that he was changing course and going to slow the ship and hug the coast back to New Jersey as another Atlantic storm was making its way off the Atlantic coast just north of Jacksonville into New England. We didn't have as bad of a ride going back as we did going south. The waves were hitting the eleventh deck while decks 2-3-4 were consistently under water going south. When we returned to Bayonne there was four feet of snow on the ground waiting for us. The Captain was later relieved of his duties on the Anthem and in six months sent to the Mariner operating in the Orient. Before that was questioned by Coast Guard officials on why he stayed that course going south. While on a bridge tour I found out from a young officer that the Quantum class are a tall and narrower ship compared to the Oasis class. These ships have no problem swinging like a pendulum and are not suited for the North Atlantic waters particularly in ocean storms that are customary in the winter months. Choose your selection wisely, if storms and a lot of motion doesn't bother you then take your chances.

FOUR FEET of snow??? In Bayonne??  Might that be a slight exaggeration ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Don't recall ever having that much snow in NJ....in the Berkshires yes, but not Bayonne. 

Plus HBE4, yes snow drifts. You know what its like getting off the ship in sneakers in NJ in the Winter then wading into 4 foot snow drifts to get your trunk open to get a shovel and snow brush. No, we weren't at the port but at a hotel about five miles from Cape Liberty this time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Wait, you want to go to Australia and the only ship available is the Ovation?  I'm not going to sell you on the ship.  I have two types of cruises.....from Florida, my home state and international.  When I cruise International, I pick the ports, and the excitement of them, not the class of ship.   There are things on every class of ship, I like, but I certainly do not care if I'm going to Australia which ship.

Normally I’d agree. But some Australian cruises can be sea-day heavy. I’m looking at an 8-day with two ports of call, an overnight, and four sea days. 

On 6/27/2021 at 5:46 PM, Biker19 said:

Use the RCI app as soon as you board. No guarantee your whole group will be accommodated together, typically up to 14 are allowed per session. Most folks miss the venue on the way into the Seaplex on the port side.

Thank you.