Jump to content

Ordering Medallions


mjmalino
 Share

Recommended Posts

So this is the first time I have 2 medallion cruises booked at the same time. I went into the app and ordered my medallions, did it automatically order them for BOTH cruises?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mjmalino said:

So this is the first time I have 2 medallion cruises booked at the same time. I went into the app and ordered my medallions, did it automatically order them for BOTH cruises?

 

No, each cruise should have it's own Travel Checklist and step 2 to Choose Your Ocean Medallion. I've chosen medallions for 2 of our 4 booked cruises so far. The remaining cruises still have a white background for step 2 rather than green.  Check your other checklist by switching between cruises by clicking the top left profile icon and selecting the cruise from the My Journeys left hand pane.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dides said:

 

No, each cruise should have it's own Travel Checklist and step 2 to Choose Your Ocean Medallion. I've chosen medallions for 2 of our 4 booked cruises so far. The remaining cruises still have a white background for step 2 rather than green.  Check your other checklist by switching between cruises by clicking the top left profile icon and selecting the cruise from the My Journeys left hand pane.

I checked the travel checklist for both cruises, and both are showing the medallions as being green.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mjmalino said:

I checked the travel checklist for both cruises, and both are showing the medallions as being green.

Perhaps someone else can suggest why this occurs - it doesn't happen on my setup.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I managed to order medallions for all of our cruises today. It's "interesting" how a B2B2B is listed as a single cruise. I ordered for those cruises (January) and also for the one next May. The B2B2B won't really sail - there's maybe a .0005% chance but I filled out the stuff anyway.

 

I just chose the basic options. When (if) the Medallions actually arrive I think I'll pop the plastic case open and put in my own insert. I have one that was kindly made for me by @masterty back in December of 2019.

Edited by Thrak
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Hmmm... I guess I don't understand how to do the @ thing as it doesn't seem to have worked properly.

Did you type that period that appears at the end of your "@ thing"?

Usually, when you type the "a thing", a list of possible names pops up. Then just click on the one you want.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Did you type that period that appears at the end of your "@ thing"?

Usually, when you type the "a thing", a list of possible names pops up. Then just click on the one you want.

 

It's actually part of an underline. It didn't work the first time so I used the "link" from the user's name but it still didn't work.  Hmmm...  Perhaps it just doesn't like me. Does it only work as the first thing in a post or can it be inserted inline as I attempted to do it earlier?

 

Edited by Thrak
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Thrak said:

 

It's actually part of an underline. It didn't work the first time so I used the "link" from the user's name but it still didn't work.  Hmmm...  Perhaps it just doesn't like me. Does it only work as the first thing in a post or can it be inserted inline as I attempted to do it earlier?

 

I've done it both ways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

 

It's actually part of an underline. It didn't work the first time so I used the "link" from the user's name but it still didn't work.  Hmmm...  Perhaps it just doesn't like me. Does it only work as the first thing in a post or can it be inserted inline as I attempted to do it earlier?

 

You can do the "@ thing" anytime.  

Type the @ and then type the first letter, such as @T.  A spinning wheel and you start seeing a list of all the CC Handles that begin with a capital T.  Keep typing until you see the one you want.

@Thra ...  At this point, you are the 7th one down on my list.

I could move my mouse down and click on your Handle, or I can keep typing.

You have a short Handle, so I usually type it all:

@Thrak ... but you still have to click on it with the mouse.  Just typing the whole name is insufficient and you will get the result in the line above (no highlighted link and no tagging to you).

 

But, if I type your whole Handle, AND mouse-click on it, I get this:

@Thrak

 

Hope this helps!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First time on Princess. Is the shipping cost the same if you have it sent to your home or pick it up at embarkation? I know it's only about $6 shipping with wrist band included, just curious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, auburn77 said:

First time on Princess. Is the shipping cost the same if you have it sent to your home or pick it up at embarkation? I know it's only about $6 shipping with wrist band included, just curious.

The Medallion ships for free. The shipping cost is for the wristband you are purchasing. If you wish to avoid those charges you could wait to buy the wristband onboard.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, t&atravel said:

The Medallion ships for free. The shipping cost is for the wristband you are purchasing. If you wish to avoid those charges you could wait to buy the wristband onboard.  

Thanks. Will do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had ordered then cancelled the $10 wrist band…not about to pay $6 for putting it in the box the medallion is shipped in…call me cheep..I will buy it on the ship. Just thought it would have been better if they just charged $16.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 4:23 PM, Thrak said:

…and also for the one next May.…

Huh.  Interesting.  I can’t order for my March cruise…. Or at least when I click on the next button all I get is a blank white page. 🤣🤣

 

Oh. Well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cherylandtk said:

Huh.  Interesting.  I can’t order for my March cruise…. Or at least when I click on the next button all I get is a blank white page. 🤣🤣

 

Oh. Well. 

 

That was one of my problems. I contacted the Medallion "crew" and eventually got it fixed. It's a very common problem. They fixed my data and suddenly all kinds of things worked. They can do the same for you. At the moment it seems to be on a case-by-case basis. According to a post by Peckishpixie, Princess (Medallion team?) is aware of the problem and is supposedly going issue a major update the end of August (she posted August 1 but corrected it later to August 31) that "should" fix these issues for most folks. She said the recommendation was to just hang on and wait and not fret about the issues at this time.

 

 

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just ordered our medallions for a Sky Princess cruise leaving Nov 27, 2021.  Was notified that it was too close to sailing to mail them.  Need to pick them up at the port.  That is better anyway, we sometimes go a week or more early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Said this earlier but blew it so will say it again and hopefully it will work right this time. I ordered the basic Medallions and, when they come, will pop the cases open and use my own insert that was graciously made for me by @masterty back in December of 2019.  He was making a number of special inserts and made one just for me. Much appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Thx Thrak.  I’m going to wait for the August 31 ‘fix’…and perhaps a couple more after that one…and maybe after January if things are still wonky I will work up the inclination to sit on hold with the techies.   I’ve got plenty of other stuff to work on in the meantime.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

Just ordered our medallions for a Sky Princess cruise leaving Nov 27, 2021.  Was notified that it was too close to sailing to mail them.  Need to pick them up at the port.  That is better anyway, we sometimes go a week or more early.

 

Looks like another SNAFU.

 

Within a couple of weeks of embarkation is too close to sailing.

 

This far out should be no problem. They do not even send them out until a couple of weeks before embarkation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2021 at 2:36 AM, caribill said:

 

Looks like another SNAFU.

 

Within a couple of weeks of embarkation is too close to sailing.

 

This far out should be no problem. They do not even send them out until a couple of weeks before embarkation.

 

 

I was wondering about this...we are booked on the Majestic for Aug 1 and our medallions are showing as "not shipped" yet.  So does that mean they will ship in another week or two?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where did you see the status for your Medallion shipment at?  We are also on the August 1 cruise.

11 hours ago, 2ferfun said:

 

 

I was wondering about this...we are booked on the Majestic for Aug 1 and our medallions are showing as "not shipped" yet.  So does that mean they will ship in another week or two?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, UT-Volsfan said:

Where did you see the status for your Medallion shipment at?  We are also on the August 1 cruise.

 

In the app under Travel Checklist if you click on "Choose your medallion wearable"  it takes you to a screen and at the bottom you can click on "Order History".  That brings up a list of your sailings.  Click on the one you want to see (be patient, it takes a minute for it to register that you selected a sailing).

 

Then at the top of the next screen it says: Order Status.  Ours says: Not Shipped.

 

Hoping that changes soon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2021 at 7:00 PM, t&atravel said:

The Medallion ships for free. The shipping cost is for the wristband you are purchasing. If you wish to avoid those charges you could wait to buy the wristband onboard.  

PLUS: if you wait till you're onboard, you can use your OBC (if you have any).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...