Kmom NEEDS LOTS OF HELP PLEASE - Pre-Planning Pre-Review Preview Mardi Gras August 7, 2021 - Join me if you dare

KmomChicago

On 8/18/2021 at 7:14 AM, mondello said:

You set the bar so high everyone is scared to follow you and do any live posting this week. I was on Legend Aug. 2016 for Alaska. Just wanted to be the first to wish you, "Merry Christmas." We often visit NYC and Boston for Christmas and a few years ago it was 75* in NYC on Christmas Eve. The weather is always unpredictable. However, I hope all goes well on your drive to/from Baltimore in Dec. You had a bad flight home from Mardi Gras. I just hope you don't hit any early winter snowstorm in Dec. 

Thanks, but I am sure it has nothing to do with me.

Thank you for your early holiday wishes and same to you. It's a risk for sure. Kiddo finishes school on a that prior Friday, so we have about a one-day margin of error based on weather; if the forecast looks really awful for the weekend we might even play hooky to get ahead of it. Same on the way back. If skies are clear we will drive all the way home on debark morning but if it's awful we can stay out there a day or so until conditions improve.

On the other hand, if weather is rough, the drive to and from the Chicago airports is no picnic either, and the flight itself could be in question. We do buy the Carnival insurance every time even though we read all over how terrible it is and you should get it from a 3rd party.

2 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Thanks, but I am sure it has nothing to do with me.

Thank you for your early holiday wishes and same to you. It's a risk for sure. Kiddo finishes school on a that prior Friday, so we have about a one-day margin of error based on weather; if the forecast looks really awful for the weekend we might even play hooky to get ahead of it. Same on the way back. If skies are clear we will drive all the way home on debark morning but if it's awful we can stay out there a day or so until conditions improve.

On the other hand, if weather is rough, the drive to and from the Chicago airports is no picnic either, and the flight itself could be in question. We do buy the Carnival insurance every time even though we read all over how terrible it is and you should get it from a 3rd party.

Yeah, not trying to jinx you but the risk will probably be in some of the higher elevations along the route. Good luck, and I see there are some live postings going on now.

• Like 1