Oceania Insights Panel?

tgg

1 hour ago, DrHemlock said:

Not that O's strategy is a bad thing -- it's just business -- but it appears the only thing "exclusive" about this Insights Panel is that it's populated exclusively by new(er) fish.  

We've been sailing with Oceania since 2006. This fish has spend lots of time in these waters.

The headquarters people must be having fun following all this speculation.

23 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I know for a fact that some Platinum folks got the invite too.

Then I happily sit corrected.  Even cynics can't be right all the time.....though it does become easier and easier as the future gives way to the present.

12 minutes ago, DrHemlock said:

Then I happily sit corrected.  Even cynics can't be right all the time.....though it does become easier and easier as the future gives way to the present.

The future ain't what it used to be – Yogi

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/29/2021 at 6:47 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

I know for a fact that some Platinum folks got the invite too. So my thoughts now are 

Random sample OR

Random sampling across O Club levels OR

Targeted individuals

In any case, as long as the Panel recommends the Sicily circumnavigation, it’s a good thing.

Yes, we're Platinum and got it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 5:22 PM, tgg said:

We've been sailing with Oceania since 2006. This fish has spend lots of time in these waters.

The headquarters people must be having fun following all this speculation.

Actually no one reads this..but me of course

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz
spelling

If you want a circumnavigation of Sicily this year, Noble Caledonia just added two new dates in October:

https://www.noble-caledonia.co.uk/voyages-and-tours/all-tours-%26-cruises/tour/2364/splendours-of-sicily/?search_url_id=78

[Also their first-gen-Renaissance ships are only 4,200 tons so they can still sail into Venice]

13 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If you want a circumnavigation of Sicily this year, Noble Caledonia just added two new dates in October:

https://www.noble-caledonia.co.uk/voyages-and-tours/all-tours-%26-cruises/tour/2364/splendours-of-sicily/?search_url_id=78

[Also their first-gen-Renaissance ships are only 4,200 tons so they can still sail into Venice]

Thanks for the info. It’s itinerary is part of what would be my ideal (and much longer) cruise.

That said, I’m looking for an itinerary of 2-3 weeks that would also include the northeast (west and south of Messina) and add islands in the Tyrrhenian Sea. A start or end on the mainland (e.g., to add Rome as a land extension) and 2-3 sea days in the mix with one or two overnights (e.g., including Palermo) would sell out in two days among Oceania fans.

The previous cruise does the same Sicily circumnavigation but starts in Naples and ends in Malta.  I'm on that one [and the one before that, which goes from Mallorca to Naples via Menorca, Corsica, Sardinia and Elba].  But I think they may already be sold out, at least among the balcony cabins, and the large number of countries crossed in the first cruise has me worried...

While we are Platinum level and we did not receive an invitation. We have also been sailing with Oceania since 2006 so some of the conjecture shared is not exactly accurate. I saw in the Oceania Club Summer mailer the Panel mentioned and an address to write to if interested in participating. I filled out their questionnaire so we will see if we are actually included in the Panel surveys. It looks very interesting and we are hoping to be selected to provide input. 
Got any more theories?

Gerry

Been on Oceania twice and have two more booked. Didn't get an invite either. Maybe they know we also cruise on Regent and Windstar and are not faithful. Just joking.  I would guess the selection was somewhat random.

We've been sailing on Oceania since 2009 (?) and I received the invitation.  Originally, I thought I'd participate but, very shortly in, I changed my mind as the information was being compiled by a 3rd party.  The level of demographic information being solicited was disturbing and I saw no indication that the information would be restricted to Oceania.  In my possibly-paranoid mind, I could easily see this company making lots of money by selling the information to Lord-knows-who for Lord-knows-what purpose, based on specific demographics.  Hard pass on participation.  

A funny story! We had not received an invitation to join the Oceania Panel, but I did submit application information to their Panel email address. Today we received an invitation to join the Regent  Panel so we submitted our info and we will see what happens. Only my wife has ever sailed Regent, one time with her mother years ago.  So much for Panel selection theories. 
Gerry