Sales on Cheers, dining, spa, or shore excursions?

Last cruise on Carnival was in 2008. Booked on Mardi Gras for next May and I have a question. Does Carnival have sales on drink packages, dining, and/or shore excursions? We have predominately cruised with Royal Caribbean and they do have sales. Are items purchased pre-cruise easily refunded and repurchased if they do have sales?  Thanks!

• Like 1

Sales do exist on Carnival for these things such as John Heald offering 10% off on shore excursions and drink packages, but they have never been consistent and in my opinion Carnival usually raises the price by 10% about a week before they give you 10% off. In the current climate, I do not know if I would expect any sales in the next few months though. 

• Like 1

John Heald Posted this November of 2017 and then April of 2019, not consistent. 

RECAP
10% EXCURSION DISCOUNT SHOR10
---------------------
20% SPA DISCOUNT
CSPA20
--------------------------------
CHEERS program will increase by $2 a day from January 1st so I suggest you buy it now - ssshhhhhh .
CHEERS

48 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

We have predominately cruised with Royal Caribbean and they do have sales. Are items purchased pre-cruise easily refunded and repurchased if they do have sales?  Thanks!

If you have predominately cruised with RCI, then you should know that what they have are not sales, but rather "Dynamic Pricing".  Various items, whether it be drinks packages, dining packages or shore excursions do not have a set price, similar to all of their competitors.  Depending upon the ship you're sailing on and the time of year you're cruising, the costs can vary widely with regards to the cost of a certain item.   The biggest disparity I have seen firsthand is with the CocoCay Beach Club.  We had a cabin reserved for August 29, 2021 sailing of the Oasis out of Bayonne and many months ago I purchased the excursion for 65 pp.   RCI has cancelled that sailing and my reservation has been flipped to June 10, 2022.  The same excursion is 10% off of their regular price of 199 and is currently 179 pp.   65.00 to 179.00 for the same thing.  It is highway robbery and more than likely our Oasis cruise will be the last RCI cruise we take.

Their is no need on Carnival, MSC, NCL and all of RCI's competitors to keep checking back to see if items that you have purchased are now "on sale" to see if you can get a lower price.  With their recent adjustment to the "My Royal Planner", you can't even check on line to see what the current price is for your item that you have purchased, because the system will block you out since you have already purchased it.  You need to call into customer service and inquire.  Another time consuming thing that just adds to my frustration with them.

This is interesting. I know about the so called sales and experienced the same ridiculousness of Coco Beach Club. I think we had it originally for $79 and now its $199. Outrageous. I also managed to get the drinks and/or dining package at lower prices when they were having their “sales.” We were booked for end of July on Allure OTS and once it was cancelled I have not looked at the planner. I didn’t know the removed the prices. Since we don’t cruise on Mardi Gras until May 2022 I was hoping to purchase drinks and dining during a sale if possible.

22 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

This is interesting. I know about the so called sales and experienced the same ridiculousness of Coco Beach Club. I think we had it originally for $79 and now its $199. Outrageous. I also managed to get the drinks and/or dining package at lower prices when they were having their “sales.” We were booked for end of July on Allure OTS and once it was cancelled I have not looked at the planner. I didn’t know the removed the prices. Since we don’t cruise on Mardi Gras until May 2022 I was hoping to purchase drinks and dining during a sale if possible.

The cruise planner prices are only removed on items that you have already purchased, so you have to call in to inquire about price drops.  They are also now adding an 18% gratuity to the UDP.

With regards to the Mardi Gras, the only way to save money is to hop on the Allstate thread and join up and earn points so that you can purchase Carnival gift cards at a 10% discount.  They are good for everything.  Deposit, final payment and all purchases pre and during cruise including gratuities.

I have tried nearly every day for the past week to somehow get Allstate rewards to work  for me but it simply is not at this time. AARP supposedly also has Carnival gift cards at 10% discount. Need to read more about that later. Thanks for the advice 🙂

The last couple of years there have been black Friday sales around Thanksgiving. If you get All state discount cards you can stack the discounts. Also, some stores do discounts on gift cards as it gets to Christmas shopping season.

2 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

I have tried nearly every day for the past week to somehow get Allstate rewards to work  for me but it simply is not at this time. AARP supposedly also has Carnival gift cards at 10% discount. Need to read more about that later. Thanks for the advice 🙂

Yes AARP sells gift cards at a discount, for members only

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

The AARP deal is only good if you're  a member and the gift cards can be web based, not hard plastic.  There are instructions in the Allstate thread about how to sign up if you're  not an Allstate member.

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The AARP deal is only good if you're  a member and the gift cards can be web based, not hard plastic.  There are instructions in the Allstate thread about how to sign up if you're  not an Allstate member.

Thanks. Hoping to get in on both but having trouble with allstate.

24 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

3862 and 3871 are the post numbers in the Allstate thread that have the links

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

That's pretty common. I"ve gone back into the Alstate drive wise cards...156 pages worth. lol

But here's one from tidecat back in March, 2017: Download the Drivewise app to your smart phone and create an account.

You can also go to https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

At one point, so many people were trying to create an account, our own Organized Chaos gave  detailed instructions on how to set up an account on a desktop,but for the life of me I can't find it.  Sorry.  Where is O.C. when you need him??

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

Edited by Joe817