Did Carnival drop Cozumel for July and August?

Lee Cruiser

3 hours ago, arkaine23 said:

I'm no expert.  But seems like a stretch to get out there, hit 3 distant ports, then back within the constraints of a 7 day cruise.  I'd think the westerns from FL normally have a stop in G.C., Jamaica, or both for logistical/timing/resupply reasons.  But I am just making it up as I go, and drawing conclusions from the itinerary changes that have been made.

Look at cruise itineraries to Western Caribbean.  They hit 3 stops all the time.  Cozumel is closer than G.C. or Jamaica. Belize is just down the coast from Coz, barely an overnight sail.  Roatan isn't that far away either.  And look at the 8 day-ers from FL to the DR, and the ABCs with 2 sea days.

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Another vote for Paradise Beach. We always appreciated that they had both a la carte as well as all-inclusive options, because we didn't want to be locked into all-inclusive. The food is great.

And they have decent wifi.

Cozumel is our favorite port, mainly because there is so much to do there and it’s usually well planned by the excursion company.

We like very active excursions, so our faves might not be appealing if you prefer a more laid back beach day.

Our favorite was probably the Amazing Cozumel Race.  At the time it was available through Carnival but I don’t think it is now. I think you have to book privately.    Another favorite was the America’s Cup sailing.  We’re headed to Cozumel in October.  I can’t see that they’re offering the sailing anywhere, at all, at this time but I intend to keep looking.  The dolphin swim and scuba were both excellent at Cozumel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Neither Roatan nor Belize are TOO FAR out of the way from Florida.  We've done many Western C cruises out of both PC and Miami.

Agreed - also from Tampa and Port Everglades! 

6 hours ago, arkaine23 said:

I'm no expert.  But seems like a stretch to get out there, hit 3 distant ports, then back within the constraints of a 7 day cruise.  I'd think the westerns from FL normally have a stop in G.C., Jamaica, or both for logistical/timing/resupply reasons.  But I am just making it up as I go, and drawing conclusions from the itinerary changes that have been made.

Carnival runs 7 day western itineraries out of Port Canveral that hit Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Isla Roatan on a consistently regular basis. Oddly enough, the cruises out of PC never include stops in Jamaica or Grand Cayman.

9 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

John Heald mentioned briefly this morning something about not going to Cozumel.  This was a response to a comment on his FB live video.  Is Carnival not going to Cozumel in July and August?  Has anyone received any information on this?  Cozumel is one of our favorite ports.

Interesting that Celebrity has now announced that everyone will need to take ship tours/excursions in Mexico on the Edge sailings tomorrow instead of going out on your own: 

posted by bajathree

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Edge® for your 7-Night Western Caribbean cruise sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we depart, we have some important information to share. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we thoughtfully plan our return to service, we are evaluating all current itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world.

In an abundance of caution, to keep our guests and crew healthy at sea, we will require curated tours in Mexico for our June 26 sailing on Celebrity Edge. Based on the most recent travel advisory and vaccination rates in Mexico, we have reevaluated On Your Own Tours and instead will require Celebrity curated tours. Curated tours can be booked through Cruise Planner or the Celebrity Cruises app. We will continuously evaluate these requirements and provide updates as they evolve.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unique circumstances. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.