Flying Chi Midway to MCO

kelkel2

I’m starting to get together ideas of flights. We really want a direct flight from Chicago, and we very much do not want to fly from O’hare. My sister lives a couple blocks away from midway so it’s extremely convenient for us. What I can’t figure out is why I can’t find a direct flight into Orlando unless we use Southwest. Now, my sister swears Delta offers super cheap direct flights to Orlando, but I’m not seeing it. And they’re not super cheap either. Does anyone have any other direct flight options I haven’t thought of? I guess we could connect, but Delta is pretty expensive. We’re looking at flights in January. 

By "direct" you mean "non-stop"?

DL isn't going to go non-stop without touching a hub. WN (Southwest) will. Their schedule for January is not out yet...soon. Looking at WN for non-holiday December, I am seeing mid $200s...several non-stops listed. Not unreasonable, but the fares are what they are.

8 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

By "direct" you mean "non-stop"?

DL isn't going to go non-stop without touching a hub. WN (Southwest) will. Their schedule for January is not out yet...soon. Looking at WN for non-holiday December, I am seeing mid $200s...several non-stops listed. Not unreasonable, but the fares are what they are.

Yes, that’s what I meant.. ok, what you’re telling me is what I’m seeing. I guess I don’t mind connecting if the price is right. But flying with no stops would be much nicer. 

Delta does not go non-stop from Midway and as for low cost fares, I doubt that.   They are a major carrier and are not known for low fares.   Southwest is the only one who goes non-stop from Midway and as someone posted, their flights for January are not out yet.

On 6/26/2021 at 7:00 AM, alidor said:

Delta does not go non-stop from Midway and as for low cost fares, I doubt that.   They are a major carrier and are not known for low fares. 

And Southwest is known for low fares - in their past.  Nowdays, they often price out higher than other carriers, yet manage to maintain that image of "Southwest has the lowest prices".  Which is more the exception than the rule.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:26 PM, FlyerTalker said:

And Southwest is known for low fares - in their past.  Nowdays, they often price out higher than other carriers, yet manage to maintain that image of "Southwest has the lowest prices".  Which is more the exception than the rule.

This is exactly what I’ve noticed. Southwest isn’t that “cheap” anymore. Which is why I was looking at Delta again. 
I’ve basically decided it’s only worth flying out of Chicago if we can fly nonstop to Orlando, otherwise I’ll pay a tad bit more to fly out of our regional airport. It probably easier with kiddos anyways. 

I hope you are not planning on flying down the day of your cruise.............Hmmm Chicago in January.

Depending on the days you are looking at in January you may hit some high fare days around MLK weekend. If you are seeing a reasonable fare on Delta book it. Southwest may not be any lower. It sure wasn't when we checked more than two dozen flights pre Covid.

On 7/4/2021 at 10:48 PM, alcpa1 said:

I hope you are not planning on flying down the day of your cruise.............Hmmm Chicago in January.

Depending on the days you are looking at in January you may hit some high fare days around MLK weekend. If you are seeing a reasonable fare on Delta book it. Southwest may not be any lower. It sure wasn't when we checked more than two dozen flights pre Covid.

Nooo we always go the day before! 

• Like 1