The Daily for Saturday Jun 26, 2021

richwmn

30 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Starting to warm up a little here.  DW and I got up about 6 to walk half an hour before it gets to hot.  We once drove from Miami to Key West and the best memory was the great key lime pie.  I noticed a few months ago that the civic leaders there were agitating to refuse large cruise ships the right to dock there to preserve the quiet life for the residents.  Has anyone been following that to see if it went into effect?

Ray

I lived in Key West in 1979 for about six months. Loved the town as a local and not a tourist. At the time there was no cruise ships or big docks. Just locals gathering to watch the sunset with jugglers and street venders selling little key lime pies and music. It’s hard to think it’s been over 40 years ago and things have changed so much. 
Thanks Rich and all. Stay cool. 

• Like 18

Thanks for the Daily.

I got my walk in at 5am today to avoid the heat.  Then came back and gave some extra water to my trees and shrubs.  It's already past 90F.  Just a bit much for us.

The past two mornings the hot air balloons have been back.  Yesterday there were 6 and this am there were the 3 largest. They launch about a mile from our house.  It's so good to see that some things are getting back to normal. 

@mamaofamiHappy birthday.  The roses are beautiful.

Prayers to all on the care list and those who need them.  Best wishes to all.

Pacific Northwesters please take care in all this heat.

balloons on walk.jpg

• Like 24

@VMax1700 - Today's wine is/was in Cellar #1 of HAL's Sommelier Suite.

We have been to Key West twice on the Nieuw Amsterdam, once at the "Navy" pier and once at Mallory Square. DSC_0232.thumb.JPG.b1f5e0e9846bfee80cdbb9e776e1bf83.JPGDSC_0683.thumb.JPG.2b74e874900afc3a7e9abd5ef1fe18bd.JPG

The Aquarium was very enjoyable (fish fascinate me) -DSC_0229.thumb.JPG.59c15f9118c77c78ffdc0402aa74fc51.JPG

DSC_0675.thumb.JPG.261c27a41367179ef0d96b3ae7e1d178.JPG

- and the Butterfly Conservatory has some beautiful birds in addition to the beautiful bugs.  1079928524_DSC_0145(2).thumb.JPG.75bf3c5f003a1707c03461f68b50800f.JPG921795054_DSC_0193(2).thumb.JPG.0353df93741094b0c210078c1c913dfd.JPG

• Like 21

16 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Celebrity EDGE has a confirmed departure from PEV at 6 pm.

It’s a real sail away with pax onboard 🍾🎉🚢

We'll be watching!  I expect there will be many happy tears when that ship gets moving.  It's very exciting!

• Like 11

We’ve been to Key West three times, on three different ships.  The first was on Celebrity Summit in January, 2002.  The second time was on a BHB, Maasdam, in January, 2015, and third was on Oceania Riviera, in January, 2019.  Key West is so easy to do on your own.  The Key Lime Pie is amazing!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Glad DGS's team won and that he helped with the win.  What a nice thing for Nancy's kids to come to the game and support your DGS.

Thanks Lenda.  Very nice of them to come out, but any excuse to watch a game for that family and they are right on it!

I was reminded by DH that yesterday's team which DGS played against was not from Nebraska but from Iowa.  I had Nebraska on my mind because this hotel we're at is loaded with soccer players and families from Nebraska.  The youth soccer leagues pick hotels for teams.  DS and family are located miles and miles from us in a different hotel unfortunately.  We're basically north and they are south county.  Oh well, we make it work.  

Praying for a win tomorrow or it will be all over for the Tigers this tournament.  A loss or tie and we will be out of it.  A very tough team on the agenda at 12:30 pm Sunday.  DH and I will run over to see his mama at the nursing home in the morning, too so hope she is having a good day.

• Like 15

11 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today is Beauticians Day, Forgiveness Day, and National Canoe Day

"Forty for you, sixty for me. And equal partners we will be. - Joan Rivers"

Meal suggestion for today - Pappardelle with Lobster and Corn

Drink of the Day - Far East Legacy

Wine of the day - Chateau des Trois Tours Bordeaux - France - Red

Destination of the Day - Key West Florida US

At Sea Pacific
Westerdam Destination Los Angeles eta 6/27
Zuiderdam Destination Los Angeles eta 6/26

Corfu GR
Volendam Operations off Corfu
Zaandam

La Paz MX
Koningsdam
Noordam Anchorage

Los Angeles
Nieuw Amsterdam

Piraeus GR
Eurodam

Princess Cay
Nieuw Statendam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0626USA.thumb.png.bde5a4ebff5ef83dc3c710912919e59b.png

0626Europe.thumb.png.e49817506b81d0601fa6d6f058cc9b9a.png

Good afternoon everyone and thanks for today’s daily report.  Nice collection of days today, I love canoeing. Joan had some funny sayings I miss her.  Been to Key wast many times, not as a cruiser though.  Busy day touring Detroit taking my mom to her old haunts, Eastern Market was amazing.  Belle Isle was quite soggy from the torrential rain last evening. Fun day so far.  Prayers to everyone on the prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating an event today 

• Like 15

It's going to be a real show apparently -- Equinox which is also in port and Edge are communicating over the public VHF radio -- Edge is about ready to go and mentioned that there will be fire boats -- She blared horns this morning, so I expect there will be quite a TOOT leaving port.

• Like 14