Double Points Extended! - Book by 9/30/21, Sail by 12/31/22

34 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

I have no problem with a double points promotion.  However, and I'm sure there will be a thread popping up very soon about this: Can you imagine how many Ds there will be come December 2022?  

Not to sound morose, but we don't know how many C&A members have passed on.🙏

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

I remember when first made Diamond, Top Tier at the time, at most 6-8 of us on the newest ships on premium sailings. Back then we were first on/off ship(except Wedding Parties) and met with Captain every sailing

And were allowed into the CL.  😉 

Ds....out....D+ now out.  Pinnies next?  😮 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Not to sound morose, but we don't know how many C&A members have passed on.🙏

Since it is only 80 points to make D....that will add up very fast, especially doing B2B or more in a JS or above.  Go from newbie first time cruiser in a JS for a B2B2B=instantly D at 84 points!  😮  

Ds flooding the DL...and now...so are the D+ and probably the Pinnies.  Ughh..lounge not worth it anymore.  😞 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Double points mean  very little to us since we are already Diamond Plus..............never going to make Pinnacle.

I so agree we made D+ a few years ago and would need another 500 sea days to make P

with an avg of 15 cruise days a year  on RCL thats another 33 years

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

with all the extra points im guessing the D lounge will be Pinnacle only  after Jan 2023

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

But I also remember, at least on the Serenade & Brilliance, there was this bar off the Royal Crown Lounge for Ds utilized for happy hour that only served wine, water and sodas, plus some pretzels and nuts.  Beer was for charge.

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes  on current sailings - Pinnacles are no longer allowed access to the suite lounge.  Pinnacle members ( Diamond and D+)  may use the  DL .  I suspect all CL will be re-named to SL

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Actually have that done but I still don’t get C&A newsletters🤷‍♀️

Weird, i get so many I’m sick of them. I’d like about half. But there’s only on or off. No middle ground. 

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes  on current sailings - Pinnacles are no longer allowed access to the suite lounge.  Pinnacle members ( Diamond and D+)  may use the  DL .  I suspect all CL will be re-named to SL

Has this changed? I thought pinns werent allowed in suite lounge near term. Idk .. I'm not a pinn. 

14 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

with all the extra points im guessing the D lounge will be Pinnacle only  after Jan 2023

That is a whole other (and very well hashed over 😉 ) topic.  But indeed I agree it could go that way, though you will hear the howling of many Ds and D+.   It's a very hot topic.

When RCI first went to drink vouchers, I thought...OK here we go, Ds get vouchers, D+ and Pinnies in the DL (possibly renamed "Loyalty Lounge" or something like that), just like the CL has morphed into the SL for full suites and now questionable Pinnie access.  

Our two bookings will get us to Diamond but I don't think we will ever get to Pinnacle in our lifetime.  We usually cruise twice a year in a balcony so average 14 points.  Based on that, it'll take us another 6.5 years to get Diamond Plus  & 44 years to get to Pinnacle.  🤯 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, nelblu said:

But I also remember, at least on the Serenade & Brilliance, there was this bar off the Royal Crown Lounge for Ds utilized for happy hour that only served wine, water and sodas, plus some pretzels and nuts.  Beer was for charge.

Remember well the "Diamond Events" they called it.  This was on the larger ships as well.  They instituted that when RCI kicked the Ds out of the CL.  And was set up until they installed the new DLs on the ships with keyed access and DL concierge.  

Loved...loved...the Diamond event on especially Freedom.  Was held in the large forward lounge, think it was called the Pharoahs lounge...can't remember.  On the Radiance ladies the event was in the old Cigar Bar at night (back to cigars during the day...complete with stink...uggh!).  But loved it there as well, then that area later became the CL.  Love the "1/2 circle" bar in there the best.  🙂 

16 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

CLs on the smaller ships were already acting as SLs before the Covid shut down.  They just didn't rename it.   D+ were kicked out even then.  

16 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Remember, newbies don't get double points, must be at least Gold.

Didn't know that.  Interesting...wonder why? 

I just remember many years ago joining the C&A program on my first cruise.  The points of that first cruise were counted.  

Just the double points program for repeat cruisers then eh?  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The company  line is that is it temporary.  

M

I gathered that also...just to try to keep social distancing until the "bugs" are worked out of the first cruises...or until Covid (hopefully...finally) goes away.  

11 minutes ago, RG306 said:

Our two bookings will get us to Diamond but I don't think we will ever get to Pinnacle in our lifetime.  We usually cruise twice a year in a balcony so average 14 points.  Based on that, it'll take us another 6.5 years to get Diamond Plus  & 44 years to get to Pinnacle.  🤯 

Never say never.  I made that mistake.  😉 

• Haha 1

I was hoping to get to and pass the 340 mark next year with my booked cruises, but they may not go, since they start in Sydney in March. This double point extension may help a little, but not sure if we will hear anything about Australia by the end of Sept.

Have no interest in Pinnacle, since I also cruise other lines, and don’t book 20-30 cruises a year. I’m a homebody, and like being in my own space to much. My goal is 340. The B5B next year was rare, and only added the last leg (Alaska) to get to that 340, and disembark at home port.

• Thanks 1

Great news! We JUST booked Harmony for next December, and were going to be ONE point shy of D+ after that cruise. Now, in addition to the other big events we are celebrating on that cruise, we can celebrate this too. And yes, I know benefits don’t begin till next cruise. 🙂  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just the double points program for repeat cruisers then eh?  

That's right, but you gain gold status by taking a short cruise so the starting point for acquiring double points is in easy reach.  There are 2-night samplers out there!  It all comes down to D being reached with 80 points (and D+ 175).  There are people who might take a 7-nighter once every 3 years and 80 seems unattainable.  On the flip side of that coin there are those who book 80 nights and more each year.   It would seem that a reasonable solution would be to grandfather status for all current C&A cruisers and raise thresholds.  But I doubt that will happen.  Keeping that carrot dangling out there is good marketing.  Cutting back on perks may create some pushback near term, but more often than not time heals all.

• Like 1

I can't make it to Pinnacle but I can get within spitting distance.  I'm retired and need a new goal.😇

PS  I can't delete the screenshot that I had posted earlier

Screenshot (78).png

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1