Jump to content

Double Points Extended! - Book by 9/30/21, Sail by 12/31/22


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, little britain said:

When do you have to book by? Is it 6/30/21 or by 9/30/21 please? 
 

LB >> who has booked one already today

9/30/21 for the Double points

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Probably coming. One step forward, two steps back. Diamonds in December, now Double Points on a already very successful program. Shoot the longer Caribbean/Repo's were already giving Diamonds 2 additional Lounges for Happy Hour over flow... But long as keep getting SOLO Discounts and keep Military Discounts coming I'm a a Happy Camper


If you are camping, you’re doing it wrong. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jamon said:

Do the double points apply to cruises that were booked way before the pandemic started or only those booked after pandemic started??????

Apples to all cruises booked before the end of sept ..even those booked way long time ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately that is incorrect.  The reservation will be repriced at current rates id you want the extra discount

I am getting confused on this thread. 

 

I called RCI yesterday to clarify the double points offer and was told:  any sailings 5/1/21 through 12/31/22 (was previously 9/30/22), booked by 9/30/21, are eligible for double C&A points for the loyalty program.  I guess you must already be gold status to qualify.  Current bookings for sailings in that window (as well as new bookings by 9/30/21) qualify and points are awarded generally two weeks after the sailing is completed.  No further action is needed (such as rebooking) to qualify for the offer.  

 

Please correct any errors in my understanding.  I think this is different from the savings offer (regarding 340 points) being discussed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bmblob said:

I am getting confused on this thread. 

 

I called RCI yesterday to clarify the double points offer and was told:  any sailings 5/1/21 through 12/31/22 (was previously 9/30/22), booked by 9/30/21, are eligible for double C&A points for the loyalty program.  I guess you must already be gold status to qualify.  Current bookings for sailings in that window (as well as new bookings by 9/30/21) qualify and points are awarded generally two weeks after the sailing is completed.  No further action is needed (such as rebooking) to qualify for the offer.  

 

Please correct any errors in my understanding.  I think this is different from the savings offer (regarding 340 points) being discussed.  

You are correct for the double points.

 

Totally different than D+ 340 and/or the getting a larger balcony discount applied to an existring reservation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No errors, other than points usually post one week after sailing. 

Thank you and I stand corrected regarding when double points are posted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are correct for the double points.

 

Totally different than D+ 340 and/or the getting a larger balcony discount applied to an existring reservation

Thank you.  I was getting confused with the different issues discussed along with the initial question/comment for the thread.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don't care even if they give triple points, after 💎 Plus it would take the rest of my lifetime to make pinnacle at 1-2 cruises per year, We're just around 450 pts away! HA!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice that my Oct 2022 Panama Canal cruise will be included...just a bit closer to Pinnacle....but a bit isn't close enough  :classic_blink:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

no more than there would have been at that time had ships sailed for the past years and a half.

The unknown is how well the promotion works as an incentive to book cruises.  If the occasional once-a-year cruiser sees the dbl points promotion as a way to gain diamond status more quickly and, as a result, decides to book more cruises than he/she would normally book, then progress toward achieving diamond (or D+ and P) status is speeded up, and the result may be more diamonds, etc.  Even in this thread, some have mentioned that they’ll get to D sooner.  We’re D+.  Have never felt P was achievable, nor have we booked cruises simply to move up in C&A status.  Just checked how the dbl points promotion affects us.  For cruises booked to the end of 2022, we will earn 125 points more that we would have earned w/o the promotion.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

I really don't care even if they give triple points, after 💎 Plus it would take the rest of my lifetime to make pinnacle at 1-2 cruises per year, We're just around 450 pts away! HA!

Well maybe think about squeezing in 16 suite cruises by 12-31-22!   Now that it’s extended you could limit it to just one per month! 😊 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Sometimes as humans we do silly things. Like book multiple cruises for a points program that basically nets us an extra drink per day. Wouldn'y it be cheaper just to buy the extra daily drink? 

And sometimes we use something like a points system as an excuse to spend more money  on multiple cruises. 😏 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

thank you! Just saw your post! I am on a 24 hour courtesy hold for a room I want where the cruise will end right before then so I qualify.  I made the hold on the phone with a RC rep and did give her my crown & anchor number, but she didn't mention the double points. Should I call back and check to see if it's eligible or should it normally be since I am a member and the booking falls in that category?  Would be for a suite, so those points would add up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Sometimes as humans we do silly things. Like book multiple cruises for a points program that basically nets us an extra drink per day. Wouldn'y it be cheaper just to buy the extra daily drink? 

As a friend would say,  What do you get?  Two cokes and a Hershey bar?  Cruise because you enjoy cruising, want to explore new destinations, want to get out of the winter cold.  Some of the perks are really nice.  Maybe getting to Diamond is a plus, but attaining a certain loyalty level Isn’t what it’s all about.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zeppgirl said:

thank you! Just saw your post! I am on a 24 hour courtesy hold for a room I want where the cruise will end right before then so I qualify.  I made the hold on the phone with a RC rep and did give her my crown & anchor number, but she didn't mention the double points. Should I call back and check to see if it's eligible or should it normally be since I am a member and the booking falls in that category?  Would be for a suite, so those points would add up!

All bookings count. Suite is 2 pts each day, double occupancy, so 4 a day, 

 

Solo is 3 a day, or 6 doubled... leave the spouse home!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zeppgirl said:

thank you! Just saw your post! I am on a 24 hour courtesy hold for a room I want where the cruise will end right before then so I qualify.  I made the hold on the phone with a RC rep and did give her my crown & anchor number, but she didn't mention the double points. Should I call back and check to see if it's eligible or should it normally be since I am a member and the booking falls in that category?  Would be for a suite, so those points would add up!

Your fine...no need to call back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Sometimes as humans we do silly things. Like book multiple cruises for a points program that basically nets us an extra drink per day. Wouldn'y it be cheaper just to buy the extra daily drink? 

We never purchase drink packages because we wouldn't even break even with the freebies in Diamond Lounge.  We always pay by the drink.  By midweek, I am cocktailed out.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Sometimes as humans we do silly things. Like book multiple cruises for a points program that basically nets us an extra drink per day. Wouldn'y it be cheaper just to buy the extra daily drink? 

I'm certainly not booking because of the loyalty program but I've got a suite booked for Serenade in August and the 28 points we're getting for one 7 night cruise is a nice little perk.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...