Double Points Extended! - Book by 9/30/21, Sail by 12/31/22

On 7/4/2021 at 2:18 AM, Hogbay said:

My TA told me yesterday that ovation cruise in December 2022 received double points but I too can't see it on OZ website. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks Hogbay

I shot them off an email and received reply today confirming that double points apply for our market as well, even though the website hasn't been updated at this point in time.

>>>

Thank you for contacting the Australia & New Zealand Reservations Department. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the delay in our response.

Kindly be advice, Regarding the double club point promotion.  The booking window is being extended to 30 September 2021, sailing window is for sailings from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2022. We hope this information helps you. Feel free to contact us at 1800-754500.

Should you have further queries, do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Lincy Casandra Juarez Giron • Reservations Department  •   AUNZ Call Centre Operations 

Telephone: 1800 754 500 • Fax: 02 8904 0888  

<<<

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

If I’m booked by 30 Sep ‘21 in a balcony with my husband in Nov ‘22, but he ends up not going at the last minute…will I get 2 points based on the original booking or 4 points as a solo traveler?

cancel him as early as possible and most likely , you will get his port taxes back.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Even if the second guest is a no show at the pier you will still get a refund for their port fees and taxes

has not been my experience. most cruise lines have policies that they have to be taken off before(usually a certain number of days)

1 minute ago, ericfromri said:

has not been my experience. most cruise lines have policies that they have to be taken off before(usually a certain number of days)

Not on Royal. My husband was a no-show right before the cruise world shut down and I got refunded his port taxes

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

i follow all directions and was told to do this...................................................................

1 hour ago, ericfromri said:

Carnival also people do the no show all the time and carnival refunds the taxes and fees. No problem. Not sure which cruiseline needs advance warning.

People on carnival dont want to lose their cabins or get refared, so they do it all the time. I've done it.

• Like 1

Help, Need some help clearing this up.

5 booked cruises

Pt's starting out 164

Nights           Suite Pt's            D+ Pt's            Double Pt's            Total

8                                                                               16                         16

Suite 5                5                         10                     20                         40     

B3B 27                                           27                     54                         108

18 years of cruising 164 pt's

Next 5 cruises           164 pt's

Is this correct???         

Thanks                   

9 minutes ago, beach pirate said:

5 booked cruises

Pt's starting out 164

Nights           Suite Pt's            D+ Pt's            Double Pt's            Total

8                                                                               16                         16

Suite 5                5                         10                     20                         40     

B3B 27                                           27                     54                         108

Is this correct???         

Thanks                   

What are D+ points?

Just read the C & A page and wanted clarification from you experts.  If I book a Suite and show normally get 14 points for a 7 night cruise, I would now get 28 points for this sailing?  Am I reading the correctly?  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, beach pirate said:

5 booked cruises

Pt's starting out 164

Is this correct???         

Thanks                   

Solo you would get

4 points per night in an interior, oceanview or balcony cabin.

6 points per night in a JS or higher.

Double or more occupancy

2 points per night interior ov or balcony

4 points per night in a JS or higher

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Solo you would get

4 points per night in an interior, oceanview or balcony cabin.

6 points per night in a JS or higher.

Double or more occupancy

2 points per night interior ov or balcony

4 points per night in a JS or higher

all studio category cabins normally get 1 point, now get 2 per night.

6 hours ago, ericfromri said:

We had 3 no shows on one of our extended family cruises all their port fees/taxes were automatically refunded back to my credit card. We had 4 cabins in a row we didn't want to lose and one lucky member got a cabin all to herself.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We had 3 no shows on one of our extended family cruises all their port fees/taxes were automatically refunded back to my credit card. We had 4 cabins in a row we didn't want to lose and one lucky member got a cabin all to herself.

That’s nice    On celebrity that’s the policy.  Sure everything changes year to year but this was six years ago and that’s what the policy was    I don’t understand how people  don’t understand how everyone will have a different experience depending on who they deal with and which cruise line. That’s great that some people think that one policy of one cruise line automatically translate to the more than 40 cruise lines that sail  on the seven seas

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

As far as I know, double points has nothing to do with being a diamond plus member. 

m

The post above with the guy iasking how many nights with all the numbered listings of his five cruises was the first time I’ve ever seen anyone suggest that different levels get more points.  Whether you be an emerald or a diamond plus you get the same amount of points per night    I think that double points thing as a bad idea because it’s just gonna load up the levels and then they’re not gonna want to deliver any loyalty benefits.  Things relating to vacation should get better overtime not worse

Edited by ericfromri

3 hours ago, ericfromri said:

I don’t understand how people  don’t understand how everyone will have a different experience depending on who they deal with and which cruise line. That’s great that some people think that one policy of one cruise line automatically translate to the more than 40 cruise lines that sail  on the seven seas

This is a Royal Caribbean forum so we provided answers based on Royals policies not generic answers to cover other cruiselines

• Like 8

The post above with the guy iasking how many nights with all the numbered listings of his five cruises was the first time I’ve ever seen anyone suggest that different levels get more points.  Whether you be an emerald or a diamond plus you get the same amount of points per night    I think that double points thing as a bad idea because it’s just gonna load up the levels and then they’re not gonna want to deliver any loyalty benefits.  Things relating to vacation should get better overtime not worse

It isn’t going to “load up” the levels. At the end of 2022 the number of people “leveling up” will be pretty much what it would have been had 2020 not happened. 

• Like 3

That’s nice    On celebrity that’s the policy.  Sure everything changes year to year but this was six years ago and that’s what the policy was    I don’t understand how people  don’t understand how everyone will have a different experience depending on who they deal with and which cruise line. That’s great that some people think that one policy of one cruise line automatically translate to the more than 40 cruise lines that sail  on the seven seas

You are aware this is a Royal Caribbean forum?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It isn’t going to “load up” the levels. At the end of 2022 the number of people “leveling up” will be pretty much what it would have been had 2020 not happened. 

It will for us. 🙂 I agree.