What cruise lines have the best rooms for triple occupancy?

sergel02

In your opinion. It’s hard to find some rooms for three people, and in my families case we’re 3 adults usually. Some ships have a bed for the third person but it can be pretty awkwardly shaped or uncomfortable for an adult.

2 hours ago, sergel02 said:

In your opinion. It’s hard to find some rooms for three people, and in my families case we’re 3 adults usually. Some ships have a bed for the third person but it can be pretty awkwardly shaped or uncomfortable for an adult.

Princess ships with 3rd/4th bed cabins have the 2 additional single beds that lower from the deckhead or are swung out from the bulkhead. They create a bunk bed scenario.

• Thanks 1

I don't know that any cruise line excels in this. If it says it fits 3 people, you'll have enough room to sleep. When you have any really tiny room with multiple people in it, it's tough. Less spaces to put everything. 1 bathroom. God forbid one of those people snore. 

The best thing we ever did was get a 4th person and a second room.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MidwesternCruiser2 said:

I've only done three on a Carnival cruise and happily taken the couch as my bed...without making it into a sofa bed.  The other two were on the twins.  Worked well and because I didn't fold out the sofa, our room was not greatly impacted.

I’ve done that before as long as it’s wide enough. Some sofas are super hard though.

11 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Princess ships with 3rd/4th bed cabins have the 2 additional single beds that lower from the deckhead or are swung out from the bulkhead. They create a bunk bed scenario.

Ooh I may have to check it out. I wasn’t really a fan of my last Princess cruise, and the environmental controversies kind of left a bad impression but bed space would be nice.

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

I don't know that any cruise line excels in this. If it says it fits 3 people, you'll have enough room to sleep. When you have any really tiny room with multiple people in it, it's tough. Less spaces to put everything. 1 bathroom. God forbid one of those people snore. 

The best thing we ever did was get a 4th person and a second room.

I wish we could find a 4th (and afford the second room). My brother never really had much time for cruising and now that he’s dating, we’re back to three anyway lol

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

Don’t balcony cabins have 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa? I believe the couch on newer NCL ships aren’t pull outs, the back just gets removed.

I believe they have 2 twins that combine to a queen in most cases. I went on on the NCL Bliss but can’t remember how we slept. I do remember that on the Disney Fantasy the back came down so it was a long twin.

18 minutes ago, sergel02 said:

I’ve done that before as long as it’s wide enough. Some sofas are super hard though.

Ooh I may have to check it out. I wasn’t really a fan of my last Princess cruise, and the environmental controversies kind of left a bad impression but bed space would be nice.

I wish we could find a 4th (and afford the second room). My brother never really had much time for cruising and now that he’s dating, we’re back to three anyway lol

I believe they have 2 twins that combine to a queen in most cases. I went on on the NCL Bliss but can’t remember how we slept. I do remember that on the Disney Fantasy the back came down so it was a long twin.

I don’t know why I was thinking 2 queen beds, we are a family of 7 who gets connecting cabins, 3 in 1, 4 in the other with the ceiling bunk.

NCL has The Haven 2 bedroom villa cabins that have a king in the master, a fold out in the living room and usually two twins (bunks with one folding down or stored) in the 2nd bedroom.  2nd bedroom also has its own bathroom.  These cabins are great for 3 adults!  Plus you get all The Haven benefits.

Celebrity Silhouette ( and her sisters ships) have a family cabin with 2 bedrooms and a living room but only 1 bathroom. These are usually not shown correctly on the website, but if no-one buys them, you can get them at a reduced price 6 weeks or so out from your sailing as they usually rent only to parties of 5 or 6.  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, OVgirl said:

Holland America's 2 newest ships and the one coming soon have family Ocean view cabins. As well as sleeping for 5 they have 2 bathrooms. I'd say worth checking out.

Thanks. Ive heard if these but haven’t been able to find any pictures or videos. unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, sergel02 said:

Thanks. Ive heard if these but haven’t been able to find any pictures or videos. unfortunately.

Check out halfacts.com and look at the Pinnacle ships. There will be a list of cabin numbers with pictures. Look for the FOV on deck 1.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sergel02 said:

Every HAL ship I’ve sailed, and QM2, have very comfortable sofa beds in their balcony cabins - which still leave room for getting around.  

5 hours ago, SuiteTraveler said:

NCL has The Haven 2 bedroom villa cabins that have a king in the master, a fold out in the living room and usually two twins (bunks with one folding down or stored) in the 2nd bedroom.  2nd bedroom also has its own bathroom.  These cabins are great for 3 adults!  Plus you get all The Haven benefits.

Celebrity Silhouette ( and her sisters ships) have a family cabin with 2 bedrooms and a living room but only 1 bathroom. These are usually not shown correctly on the website, but if no-one buys them, you can get them at a reduced price 6 weeks or so out from your sailing as they usually rent only to parties of 5 or 6.  

I may have to look into the Haven. We never thought of it because of the price but it may not be too bad.

ooh thanks for the tip for the Solstice class ships. I know they’re supposed to get refurbished soon once the pandemics settles so I wonder if theyll change some rooms too.

5 hours ago, OVgirl said:

Check out halfacts.com and look at the Pinnacle ships. There will be a list of cabin numbers with pictures. Look for the FOV on deck 1.

That site is super helpful! Thanks, and it showed just what I was looking for

D456929F-52E7-4E7C-A52A-7214AAAF355C-e15

5 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Every HAL ship I’ve sailed, and QM2, have very comfortable sofa beds in their balcony cabins - which still leave room for getting around.  

That’s great to know. Maybe I’ll have to try Holland. They always skewed older in their clientele so we didn’t think they had many good rooms for families.

15 hours ago, sergel02 said:

I may have to look into the Haven. We never thought of it because of the price but it may not be too bad.

ooh thanks for the tip for the Solstice class ships. I know they’re supposed to get refurbished soon once the pandemics settles so I wonder if theyll change some rooms too.

That site is super helpful! Thanks, and it showed just what I was looking for

D456929F-52E7-4E7C-A52A-7214AAAF355C-e15

That’s great to know. Maybe I’ll have to try Holland. They always skewed older in their clientele so we didn’t think they had many good rooms for families.

Also check out the Signature Suites on HAL. They are not considered a full suite but are a much better size (about 400 sq. ft) than a regular balcony. We really enjoyed the extra space when cruising with our teenage grandson. We did not have the sofa made up in the evening by the steward and instead did it our selves when we were ready for bed.

null

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea42 said:

Also check out the Signature Suites on HAL. They are not considered a full suite but are a much better size (about 400 sq. ft) than a regular balcony. We really enjoyed the extra space when cruising with our teenage grandson. We did not have the sofa made up in the evening by the steward and instead did it our selves when we were ready for bed.

null

Thanks for or showing this! Looking onto their site the suits aren’t too bad for the price so it may be worth it.

18 hours ago, sergel02 said:

Thanks for or showing this! Looking onto their site the suits aren’t too bad for the price so it may be worth it.

This is the cabin with the bed made up

IMG_20180618_192257847.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sergel02 said:

Ooh this looks super spacious and comfortable.

Did you bring your own fan?

No, we asked the cabin attendant when we boarded if they could find one for us and it was there by evening turn down service. My grandson likes having a fan when he sleeps.

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2021 at 8:36 PM, sergel02 said:

Idk about the beds, but I have a aft corner balcony on rcl deck 9. People posted deck 7 has bigger balconies, nicer for the money but you need at least 3 in the cabin to book them. So 3 can be a plus.

We are a family of three…the best cabin we’ve stayed in was what they used to call a panoramic ocean view on RCCL’s Enchantment OTS. These are the mid ship cabins that were added when that ship was cut in half and lengthened. The cabin itself has more square footage…the cabins are set back a bit but the window wall is flush with the edge of the balconies…the set back entrance means that they aren’t quite as big as simply making the balcony space interior space…but they are larger than the balcony interior space.

The sofa converts to a bed by removing the back and it’s adult sized in length. A plus on the room is that the window area has a long seat so even with the bed made there is still the one chair and a window bench seat big enough for two so that you have a place to sit that isn’t a bed, even when the sofa is still a bed. Very handy in the morning for putting on shoes, etc. That window seat is also such that you can sit there and stretch your legs out if you are so inclined. The midship location couldn’t be beat.

Its a pretty specific cabin, but there you go. That name panoramic ocean view is now being applied to the newer cabins added on forward decks on some Royal ships and I can’t recall what they now call these cabins I’m referencing on Decks 7&8 midship. This cabin I’m talking about is literally only on Enchantment.

• Thanks 1

I often travel with my 2 sisters.  Finding a room for 3 is always an adventure.  In hotels we usually end up with 2 queens and 2 of us having to sleep together.  Rooms with sofa beds are good for everyone getting their own bed but the sofa beds are often torturous to sleep on.

The mini-suites on Princess have a fold out couch.  According to the sister who slept on it, it was comfortable.  The room steward puts it out in the evening and folds it back up in the morning.  Even with it out there was room enough to walk around to get to the balcony.  

Edited by Blondilu
  • Thanks 1