IT’S LIVE: RETURN TO CRUISING – JULY 3 - JULY 17 BAHAMA BACK-TO-BACK VOYAGES ON-BOARD CRYSTAL SERENITY

Keith1010

46 minutes ago, whystayhome said:

Mundane question.  Where in the world do I found the luggage tags to download and print? I am 100% checked in.  I have my cruise tickets.  And I just can't find a link to print them.

And of course, Crystal is closed today.

Thanks for your help.

Linda

They have them where you check in and surrender your luggage.  Because the mailed ones are pre-printed now and have a longer lead time, they're only pre-printing them for certain types of reservations that had cabins assigned far in advance and weren't guarantees, upgrades, changes, etc..  You'll just tag your bags when you hand them over.

Vince

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

I haven't seen the tracing devices next.   I will try to ask  about them.

We don't reserve times.   We just show up. Sometimes on the program there is  open  play.

Many of us  try to  help out newbies as I have donee.

I was a novice too many years ago.

You might be able  to book  a private lesson with the personal trainer at the Fitness  Center. Normally the training is inside the Fitness  Center but I would ask when you get  on  board.  The Fitness Director  on-board now is Dragon and he is very nice and last year  I played Paddle  Tennis with him  so I know he knows  how to play whereas  some of the Fitness Directors do not play the game.

I hope this helps.

Keith 

Thanks-I have played tennis and will check with Dragon for a private starter lesson.

Also-I know you are an early bird at the fitness center. Did you find it was empty in the 5-6AM time range? I realize that will vary but am looking to work out when it is virtually empty.

• Like 1

Hello,  

My husband and I are on the July 17th cruise and are looking forward to our first Crystal experience.  I have a question about the beer selection on the ship.  Is there someone who can post a picture of the beer list?  Did they include any Bahamian beers (Kalik or Sands Light) on this trip?

Thanks,

Christine (CDJcruiser)

2 hours ago, broker1217 said:

Thanks-I have played tennis and will check with Dragon for a private starter lesson.

Also-I know you are an early bird at the fitness center. Did you find it was empty in the 5-6AM time range? I realize that will vary but am looking to work out when it is virtually empty.

4:00 AM to 5:30 AM empty.  

Today two people around 5:30 AM.

Keith

3 hours ago, whystayhome said:

Mundane question.  Where in the world do I found the luggage tags to download and print? I am 100% checked in.  I have my cruise tickets.  And I just can't find a link to print them.

And of course, Crystal is closed today.

Thanks for your help.

Linda

Linda:

You should get them a couple of weeks before the cruise.

As Vince says if they don't arrive they  will have them at the Convention Center.

Keith

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Great day today.

Lots of Paddle Tennis with friends and others we met for the first time including some from CC or spouses or lurkers.

Sailed off Bimini and MSC Island and saw an MSC ship.

During noon announcement from the Bridge Captain Birger said Genting working on plans to take all the  inhabitants of Bimini to Florida to have them vaccinated.  

Keith

Wouldn't it be easier to send the vaccine to Bimini?

Kathy

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, buffcurmudgeon said:

Transfers and airline departures on 10 July using AA were a nightmare.  Stood in lines for over  3 hours, kiosks were unusable and credit cards were rejected.  Thousands of Adventure of the Seas passengers were also in line.  Horrible experience with included transfers both arriving at airport and departure.  Wonderful ship experience, but the airport cracked my crystallization!

Yikes! I just checked, and the Royal cruises end in September, and we don't sail until October, so it should be better for us. But hopefully they figure it out before then for everyone who is sailing between now and September! I always thought that having both cruises start on Saturday was a bad idea, but I guess that is when people prefer to sail. So they can get back to work on Monday (although I would imagine that many Crystal customers are retired, but then they had the Bimini pickup on Sunday which made more sense than a Monday).

Edited by MisterBill99

7 hours ago, Vagabondvoyager said:

Wouldn't it be easier to send the vaccine to Bimini?

Kathy

Kathy  if it was allowed yes but not an option.  Same goes when they  had to take ship to Miami  to get crew vaccinated.

Keith

I am assuming the long lines at Nassau airport in the video are American Airlines. We are flying bag to Fort Lauderdale on Silver. Only one flight, so hopefully the line for 46 people on a prop plane will be less. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CDJcruiser said:

Hello,  

My husband and I are on the July 17th cruise and are looking forward to our first Crystal experience.  I have a question about the beer selection on the ship.  Is there someone who can post a picture of the beer list?  Did they include any Bahamian beers (Kalik or Sands Light) on this trip?

Thanks,

Christine (CDJcruiser)

Christine:

We haven't gone to the lounges these cruises as we always  have done on prior cruises.  Let me seee if I can find out for you.  I doubt there are  any local beers.

Keith

Well, at least I got one photo posted after a few days. I tried to post one of the Cobb Salad but forget that.

Internet has been bad.   It took me 30 minutes to send out an e-mail yesterday and early this morning about 20 minutes.  

Aside from Internet  everything has been outstanding.

Fabulous crew.

Many nice guests.

Amazing food as it always is.

Great ship.

Weather better than I expected.

Lots of enrichment and entertainment unlike any port intensive seven day cruise I have ever sailed.  Although  we got two additional sea days that was not planned.

I was thinking that some of the protocols at sea and on land are really great.  For  those who  know Anne Marie and me well you know we have adopted many of these protocols over the last few years including social distancing,  avoiding handshakes and hugs, washing hands often, hand sanitizer and a slew of other things.

In many ways the temperature check given to each guest before entering the dining venues is good because if someone is very sick is it wise for them to be in a public room like this.

All in all we are having a blast and are so so so Happy to be here.

May those working on the Internet get this fixed.

Keith

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CDJcruiser said:

Hello,  

Thanks,

Christine (CDJcruiser)

Christine,

Good news.  I found  out while on the  first  voyage they  didn't have local beer  on this one they  said they got Sands.  I didn't ask if it was  light but wanted to let you know.

Can't guarantee what they will have on your voyage.

Keith

Posted (edited)

I hope everyone on this sailing is relaxing and having a fantastic time.  Special thanks to Keith, Vince and so many others whom are providing feedback and answering questions, thank you.  From all the posts, it seems Nassau is gradually getting acclimated to, not one but two Cruise Ships leaving on a Saturday.  After 16 months of Covid-19, this has got to be a blessing and curse at the same time for this island.  

By posting the good, bad, and downright ugly as it relates to Pre-Post Transportation, it allows future guest to set realistic expectations as well as reduce the fear of traveling.  I am quite sure the Airport and the Airline Brands will adjust their instruction and coordination much better as the weeks go on.  It is appreciated knowing that is will not be as smooth as going through Atlanta;  allows all of us to brace ourselves and not be to surprise.  

Here is what I have learned from each of you so far as it relates to Transfers from Airport to Selected Hotel. 

1. Taxis are available at the airport and fees are fixed by the local government at approximately $34.00. 
  2. Private cars are available at an additional expense. 
  3. If you are not staying in a Crystal Provided Hotel pre-cruise, call your respective hotel (which I did) and ask whom they recommend picking you up from the airport.
  4. On the day of sailing, take ground transportation from your hotel to the Convention Center for Covid-19 testing.  Get to the convention center at least 2-hours earlier then your pre-assigned boarding times on you cruise document. 
  5. After your Covid-19 test, you will see an area where you check in for the shuttles to the ship.  Sign up for one of those shuttles. Shuttles from the Convention Center are complementary.
  6. Crystal Luggage Tags may or may not be received by Guests By Mail.  A Good consideration it to purchase a set of the Luggage tag Plastic Holders from Amazon, create your own Luggage tags as a backup.  Luggage tags will be available when we drop off luggage.
  7. Depending on where the ship is docked, their may or may not be a small walk to get to the ship.
  8. Make sure you get your Covid-19 test onboard prior to departing.  Crystal will give instructions on timing.  This process has gone very smoothly.
  9. Departing the ship to the airport.  It is recommended to purchase Crystal Transfers or arrange transportation ahead of time.  Check with Crystal Guest services onboard for more information.
  10. The airports are a mad house so give yourself some time to process through and check-in.
  11. Have a plan, be patient and remember to be alert.

Thanks at all for being the first and helping those that follow.

Edited by Sthrngary
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sounds as if when on the ship things are going very well getting there etc no so much

for those on this as second have you seen any process changes for Crystal from fist cruise?  Sounds as if first went well

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

IMG_0635.thumb.jpeg.d2c5e85f4704d22cccb4579c5c282d17.jpeg

This was not easy to  post.  One of the best seafood entrees we  have had.  Corvinia Sea Bass from the  Modern Cuisine menu.

Keith

Looks wonderful.  But a fish that size would feed four of me.  Was that a family platter for two?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catlover54 said:

Looks wonderful.  But a fish that size would feed four of me.  Was that a family platter for two?

It's just zoomed into the center of the bowl -- the bowls aren't that big.  That said, you can always request a half-portion -- I do it all the time on things that can be split easily.  I always want to try smaller portions of more things with as little waste as possible.  🐽 😁 

Vince

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

It's just zoomed into the center of the bowl -- the bowls aren't that big.  That said, you can always request a half-portion -- I do it all the time on things that can be split easily.  I always want to try smaller portions of more things with as little waste as possible.  🐽 😁 

Vince

same here Vince!  

Nancy

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kptbylorraine said:

Sthrngary-

It seems you have been paying attention!

I may just print your list and add any other information Keith and others have been kind enough to share. 

Lorraine

I think I was so scared to miss something important that I went a little OCD.  I very much look forward to your list. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

5. After your Covid-19 test, you will see an area where you check in for the shuttles to the ship.  Sign up for one of those shuttles. Shuttles from the Convention Center are complementary.

8. Make sure you get your Covid-19 test onboard prior to departing.  Crystal will give instructions on timing.  This process has gone very smoothly. 

Two notes:

Item 5: After the test, you sit and wait for the results. Some received them on their phones (via email), other did not receive results. After 30 minutes, I asked, and they had my results at the desk where wrist bands were being placed on people who tested negative. The email never came to me nor did it ever appear on the Bahamas website when I logged in. So be sure to ask after you sit for a while.

Once you enter the sacred space (where everyone has tested negative), be certain (as mentioned) to LOOK for the shuttle desk.  No one was told it was there. People figured it out when they saw the long line at the back of the room. The shuttle numbers are randomly pre-assigned; one does not sign up for the shuttles. Someone sitting at the next table was in a cabin 2-doors from mine, and was assigned shuttle #4. I was assigned shuttle #14.  Beware that they do not use a microphone to call the shuttle numbers, so you need to listen. The man shouting the numbers stated that the Baha Mar would not allow them to have a microphone.

Item 8: Purchase that COVID test voucher AT HOME!  Once onboard, Crystal announced on the day before the testing that we had to have purchased the voucher, and that it would not be charged to our cabins. (I had purchase mine, but many had not. The internet connection went down, even though we were at port in Freeport. The internet was also not working down in the computer lab.) The timing of the test went smoothly, but results were again going to be emailed OR sent through the Bahamas website.  I was not able to obtain mine until just before dinner.  Additionally, one passenger I knew had a positive result, but was able to retest at the airport and tested negative, so she was able to fly home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

Vince

Vince you are correct.

Photos can be deceiving.

Keith

• Like 1