IT’S LIVE: RETURN TO CRUISING – JULY 3 - JULY 17 BAHAMA BACK-TO-BACK VOYAGES ON-BOARD CRYSTAL SERENITY

Keith1010

As an aside my dad loved the bistro aboard all the Crystal ships.  They were blessed to sail aboard the Harmony, Symphony and Serenity.  Please keep your posts coming and I wish you years of health happiness and enjoyment from my heart. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, gramfrog said:

Could someone take a photo of the red wines onboard by the glass?  How is the quality ?  And are we allowed to bring any alcohol aboard, and if so, how many bottles per person? 

You can bring on board as  much as you want but if you are bringing it into The Bahamas make sure you know the regulations.

This is a listing of bottle by the glass available in Waterside.

Same page two photos.

Not all available in the lounges.   A few reds in  each lounge and it can  vary and also included Crystal Wine.

IMG_0781.thumb.jpeg.7daf747e62fa85561af72a50fb5407f5.jpeg

IMG_0780.thumb.jpeg.8113ef222f428458ec5422a546add831.jpeg

Also I thought I posted this the other  day.   Wines in one of the lounges and probably in most of them.

IMG_0652.thumb.jpeg.c64b54f4f5722f0f2cdeedb5fd2fa170.jpeg

• Like 1

Keith:

Thank you for being so patient with us and thoughtfully answering so many of our questions.  I have one more.  If we are in a PH cabin, will they press a number of our garments or is there a limit.  I'm not saying that I am going to have the person press my entire closet, but something like a dress and a few blouses.

Thanks, Norma 

• Like 2

The muster process is that you get a slip of paper when you get your cabin card.  It tells you to drop off your carryon bags and immediately report to your muster station.  At the muster station, they tell you about the horn blasts, show you how to put on the life jacket and take down your cabin number.  Of course, we had unpacked before we read the slip of paper…. EM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

Keith:

Thank you for being so patient with us and thoughtfully answering so many of our questions.  I have one more.  If we are in a PH cabin, will they press a number of our garments or is there a limit.  I'm not saying that I am going to have the person press my entire closet, but something like a dress and a few blouses.

Thanks, Norma 

Norma yes they press and if you give it  to them in the morning the butler brings it back in the late afternoon or early evening.

2 hours ago, tinaincc said:

Keith can you comment again about the muster process?

Essiesmom has it right.

You can go whenever you want the  day you board right now before 5:30SH.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Some tidbits and one answer to an earlier question.

Sometimes people ask if you can get non-alcohol wine and beer which  you can and today we learned you could get  a  non-alcohol gin.  

Someone who I played Paddle Tennis with enjoyed the snorkeling excursion in Exuma.

Right now the Dry Cleaning Machine is Broken.   Not sure when it will  be fixed as they are waiting on parts.

Keith

• Like 1

Keith

You have been so patient with all our questions.  I've already asked this question but I'm wondering if you can check with the powers that be whether there have been any Canadians on board and has Serenity done a PCR test for them. 

I have asked my ta and she has been trying to get an answer with no success for the past 3 days. Canada requires a PCR test within 72 hrs of arrival and Antigen isn't acceptable . They also say the airline won't allow us to get on the plane home.

Keith, thank you so much for the copies of the Reflections.  I'm only missing #7 from July 9th.  Really appreciate!!!  I also have not been able to find out what time the first Crystal shuttle goes to the airport.  Also wondering if they have wifi at the Baha Mar convention center or do I need to get an International Plan for my cell phone in order to sign in to get my covid results.

Re: the wines.  Also, as noted, you don't have to drink the evening's "Featured" wines in the dining room.  You can always ask what else is available, and you can always ask for something else although it may need to walked to your table from elsewhere on the ship.  (The staff in Serenity's Avenue were walking pots of tea to me from the Bistro and the Galley for days before I realized that they can't make tea/coffee behind the bar like they do on Symphony).

Also, if you really like a wine, generally (subject to availability, blah blah blah), a bottle can be set aside for you.  One morning as she was making my latte, I happened to offhandedly remark to "our" sommelier at the Bistro that we had really liked the Pedroncelli that was featured the night before, and she made sure that a bottle was available for us every night in the dining room for the rest of the trip.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BWIVince said:

It's played only on the open decks, as to not disrupt the activities inside.  (Crystal minimally uses the PA system indoors.). Personally, I'm almost always on the promenade deck for sail away, and it's loud and clear there.  IME you can also hear it from your stateroom verandah, when I've had one.

Well, I’ve been on the pool deck for half an hour, starting at 6:45. We left port early. sailaway was scheduled for 7:00. No song. Did I miss it?

4 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Keith

You have been so patient with all our questions.  I've already asked this question but I'm wondering if you can check with the powers that be whether there have been any Canadians on board and has Serenity done a PCR test for them. 

I have asked my ta and she has been trying to get an answer with no success for the past 3 days. Canada requires a PCR test within 72 hrs of arrival and Antigen isn't acceptable . They also say the airline won't allow us to get on the plane home.

I will ask on Friday when we have our test.

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smlnd said:

Keith, thank you so much for the copies of the Reflections.  I'm only missing #7 from July 9th.  Really appreciate!!!  I also have not been able to find out what time the first Crystal shuttle goes to the airport.  Also wondering if they have wifi at the Baha Mar convention center or do I need to get an International Plan for my cell phone in order to sign in to get my covid results.

Not sure about July 9.

If you stay at Baha Mar (one of the hotels you could still probably use guest wifi).

Have as your backup an international plan.  If you use ATT it is $10.00 per day.  Not sure about other carriers.

Not sure about the shuttles.  What time is your flight?

Keith

12 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Not sure about July 9.

If you stay at Baha Mar (one of the hotels you could still probably use guest wifi).

Have as your backup an international plan.  If you use ATT it is $10.00 per day.  Not sure about other carriers.

Not sure about the shuttles.  What time is your flight?

Keith

Verizon is also $10 a day.  Flight home is 11:25 AM on American.  We don't have Global Entry or any special thing that would make it go faster.  Trying to decide if we need to get off the ship at the 6:15 time or if they have a fairly early Crystal shuttle (that we would purchase).  I think there are a number of people asking this same question.

Hi. Do you remember where you docked in Great Exuma? Trying to determine if I should book an outside excursion but I would first like to know where Serenity docked. Thanks.

3 hours ago, smlnd said:

They tell you how to sign in to the wifi at Baha-Mar, free and no international plan needed.  I think you sign is as Visitor.  EM

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KarimaJ said:

Hi. Do you remember where you docked in Great Exuma? Trying to determine if I should book an outside excursion but I would first like to know where Serenity docked. Thanks.

Exuma is a tender port and specifics can be  found on page 3 of  daily  Reflections which I posted on my  blog.   It does note the tenders drip people off at a tender pier ashore called the Emerald Bay  Marina.

Keith

9 hours ago, KarimaJ said:

We were not actually at a dock, but just offshore, and we were tendered in to the docks located just off Grand Isle resort and the Sandals golf resort. I believe this was the Northwest part of the island but I could be wrong about that. From there it was a 30 minute bumpy ride to the docks for the snorkeling boat. Bear in mind these islands are still recovering from the last devastating hurricane, and there is a lot of roadwork going on.

13 hours ago, smlnd said:

First shuttle is at approximately 7:30 AM and subsequent times are  every 15 minutes.   

If you  book  a  private vehicle with Crystal I believe cost is three times the per person shuttle cost and you can depart as soon as all luggage is off the ship which could be somewhere around 6:45 AM/7:00 AM.   You can see the concierge once on the ship to discuss options.

Keith

One thing I don't think you've posted on is the overall condition of the ship.  Interior and exterior.  Any sense how the interior public spaces were used during this time?  The cabins?  From some Facebook photos, it appeared some crew were in balcony cabins.  Overall, how did she weather 15 months anchored off Kuala Lumpur?

On 7/3/2021 at 3:40 AM, Keith1010 said:

Justin, there are three hotels on site.

I am at one of the three but not the Baha Mar SLS which is the Crystal pre and post cruise hotel.  We went with the Rosewood which is also on the property.

Wishing you the best for todays' boarding.  Yes that poweraid zero is my workout drink.

Keith

Hello again and going over the notes I have taken I could not find out when you go get tested what do you do with your luggage? Do you bring it with you? We have the group transfer from Crystal and could not see what to do. If anyone can share TY   We are staying at the BAHA MAR SLS

TY 

5 hours ago, crickette said:

One thing I don't think you've posted on is the overall condition of the ship.  Interior and exterior.  Any sense how the interior public spaces were used during this time?  The cabins?  From some Facebook photos, it appeared some crew were in balcony cabins.  Overall, how did she weather 15 months anchored off Kuala Lumpur?

Good question.  

When they were in Malaysia  for so many months with less than 60 crew that can be a  challenge given lots of things including heat of the ocean/bay.  They took steps to prevent issues from occurring.

Inside the ship looks just  as we left it.

After we boarded they continued outside maintenance and you could see staff working  on items and I would say some additional touchups needed on the teak promenade deck but these are minor.

Keith  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jdfireman said:

Hello again and going over the notes I have taken I could not find out when you go get tested what do you do with your luggage? Do you bring it with you? We have the group transfer from Crystal and could not see what to do. If anyone can share TY   We are staying at the BAHA MAR SLS

TY 

When you arrive  to the convention center with your luggage tags attached you turn in your checked baggage.   This is placed on a truck.  You keep your carry on/valuables to take with you.  

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well good afternoon everyone.

Blog published  with photos and lots of new photos including more from outside the ship and a few inside.  Dinner menu too.

Internet great.

Life is good.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 4