IT’S LIVE: RETURN TO CRUISING – JULY 3 - JULY 17 BAHAMA BACK-TO-BACK VOYAGES ON-BOARD CRYSTAL SERENITY

Keith1010

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

When you arrive  to the convention center with your luggage tags attached you turn in your checked baggage.   This is placed on a truck.  You keep your carry on/valuables to take with you.  

Keith

Keith, for those people who couldn't have their luggage tags mailed to them, this is where they get tags for their bags, correct?  I know a lot of people had questions and concerns about that too.

Vince 

On 7/12/2021 at 4:03 PM, Keith1010 said:

These are the inclusive beers on the menu in addition  to the one  local Bahama Beer I mentioned earlier. Please keep In mind  like any  sailing they could run out of something I am  listing   because they might  not get all orders in the containers.

Do you know which hard cider they have? I noticed that the beer/wine menu posted in the other thread just said "apple cider". Thanks.

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Well good afternoon everyone.

Blog published  with photos and lots of new photos including more from outside the ship and a few inside.  Dinner menu too.

Internet great.

Life is good.

Cheers,

Keith

link to your blog, please?

4 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Keith, for those people who couldn't have their luggage tags mailed to them, this is where they get tags for their bags, correct?  I know a lot of people had questions and concerns about that too.

Vince 

VInce  you are correct.  Outside the Hyatt Convention Center if you don't have tags they will give  you tags to fill out and put on your luggage.

Keith

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Do you know which hard cider they have? I noticed that the beer/wine menu posted in the other thread just said "apple cider". Thanks.

Have no  idea.

Keith 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TER777 said:

Is the Sushi Bar open?

Thanks!

Yes, the Sushi Bar has  been open regularly on the first two voyages.

Keith

P.S.

The  "someone" who commented on it earlier was me".  😁

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Keith, has the improvement in the internet proved durable?

Roy

Roy, yes the past few  days  it has been consistently good.  Very much like we experienced on the  2019 World Cruise which was very good. 2019 is  not a typo as there were issues in 2020.

Keith

• Like 1

Good  morning from Crystal Serenity  where we are sailing back to where our voyage began in Nassau.

We have one day left before it is time to say "until next time".

We look forward to enjoying this last full day as we have all the other days.

Lots on the program  today  in the way  of activity and enrichment plus an additional item relatively new wot the program  the  Rapid Antigen Testing for guests departing in Nassau and flying out on July  17  and 18 of 2021.  Guests are scheduled in groups to go to the Stardust Club for testing.   

To those returning to Canada who have asked about a PCR test I have it on my  list to ask about this for you.

I will try to sneak in some more Paddle Tennis this morning.  On this cruise a group of us playing regularly in the morning has one of the couples playing who is on Cruise Critic including posters and lurkers which  is a first for me. I guess even though no meet and mingle parties due to COVID-19, we had our own meet and mingle on the Paddle Tennis court.   I have met several other people from CC on board both voyages including one person who is first time on Crystal but has been on the boards for along time and who stopped by the court yesterday early  afternoon.

We have lucked out with the weather.  I realize if you live in an area that does not get hot you might say  some days have been hot but for us it has been really nice. Some parts of the day  we've enjoyed a breeze and the cloud cover can help and it has been less hot than I expected.  We have not had short periods of lightning/thunder and rain which I remember from our one day visit 30 years ago and from visits to Florida this time of year other than the rain we had in Nassau during our pre-cruise stay but in the scheme of things not a big deal and rain is  important for water and  to keep everything looking good.

As I mentioned yesterday I updated the blog yesterday with the latest.

I can't remember if I had posted these drink lists before so if I didn't here goes and if I did some might not have seen it the first time.

Keith

IMG_0655.thumb.jpeg.1fa16ae7dba0055fd85ede0f927c4616.jpeg

IMG_0654.thumb.jpeg.bac088224bf0abec97572da3e803cc6a.jpeg

IMG_0653.thumb.jpeg.85705eb627d31e53f0f6d84de65d4682.jpeg

IMG_0652.thumb.jpeg.442174fa6db991ba24e4834d6c6a1923.jpeg

IMG_0651.thumb.jpeg.e987342dcb694c96d9a29d063bc49edb.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2021 at 12:39 PM, cruisingxpert said:

Keith

You have been so patient with all our questions.  I've already asked this question but I'm wondering if you can check with the powers that be whether there have been any Canadians on board and has Serenity done a PCR test for them. 

I have asked my ta and she has been trying to get an answer with no success for the past 3 days. Canada requires a PCR test within 72 hrs of arrival and Antigen isn't acceptable . They also say the airline won't allow us to get on the plane home.

Take a look at the Crystal Clean. I recall seeing it listed there. 

4 minutes ago, TER777 said:

tracie,

Can you send me your contact info so we can chat off line at some point…nothing of importance right now

nlproler   At   sbcglobal  dot   net

Thanks, Nancy

27 minutes ago, TER777 said:

The only thing I see there with regard to non US citizens is 

Citizens of nations other than the United States will need to check with their own government websites for antigen testing protocols required for re-entry.

HI All,

I just posted on another thread information for Canadians for PCR tests and for those returning to the USA the process I used to document our negative Antigen Results.

Keith

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

The only thing I see there with regard to non US citizens is 

Citizens of nations other than the United States will need to check with their own government websites for antigen testing protocols required for re-entry.

In Crystal Clean+ in the Medical Center tab, it says:

"Medical Centers will be equipped to perform Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Point of Care testing."

Whether Canadians and relevant others will be allowed to utilize this service for travel purposes, I have no idea.

Edited by TER777

23 minutes ago, TER777 said:

In Crystal Clean+ in the Medical Center tab, it says:

"Medical Centers will be equipped to perform Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Point of Care testing."

Whether Canadians and relevant others will be allowed to utilize this service for travel purposes, I have no idea.

Did you see Keith's post when he asked?  I was pretty sure Crystal can do them but it doesn't appear that they will for passengers returning  to another country.  At least not at this point.

2 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Did you see Keith's post when he asked?  I was pretty sure Crystal can do them but it doesn't appear that they will for passengers returning  to another country.  At least not at this point.

Also keep in mind that you have to download the CANPASS app and then upload your proof of vaccination and also PCR test results to it.